Girder Control Plugin 1.0

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

Deutsche Version

I've uploaded a new tool into the membersarea / Tools. It works with DVBViewer 3.1 (not 3.0) and DVBViewer GE.

DVBViewer Control Plugin for Girder 1.0.

The DVBViewer Control Plugin  simplyfies the use of Girder to control the DVBViewer.

It doesn't use keystrokes instead it uses the send remote command with sendmessage.

So the DVBViewer doesn't need to have the input focus to receive the commands.

Installation------------

Preface: Girder has to be installed and has be able to receive signals from your remote control.

Simply copy the files of the Plugins folder into the Plugins folder of Girder. Copy the definitionfile "DVBViewer.gml" into the Girder folder.

You have to activate the DVBViewer Control Plugin in the Girder settings (see manual Girder).

Now you can load the DVBViewer.gml definitionfile. Most of the commands are predefined but most likely you have to adjust the eventstring to fit your remote control (see manual Girder).

Not every possible command ist predefined. But you can extend them. Add a new command and select plugin in the right handed part of the Girder window. Select the DVBViewer Control Plugin and then settings, a target is not needed.

For a list of all possible commands have a look into the file "DVBViewer.ini" in the Girder plugins folder.

The DVBViewer GE supports not every command but the important ones are the same.

have fun

lars

• 3 weeks later...

Compliments for Girder Plugin

I've started to test it with a MCE Remote (USB) and seems fine....but

some commands are not mapped in DVBViewer plugin.

In particular "Stop" doesn't work at all, and "Next"/"Previous" is mapped as NextinPlaylist (no other mapping for Next are listed in girder options for this plugin): so while playing my Music DB and pressing the next/prev button i got a dialog box to open a playlist file (??). This occurs also playing DVD (I expect to jump thru chapters using next/prev).

I hope my debugging can be useful.

Mork80

Guest Lars_MQ
so while playing my Music DB and pressing the next/prev button i got a dialog box to open a playlist file (??). This occurs also playing DVD (I expect to jump thru chapters using next/prev).

Yeah the problem is known. it's lies in the DVBViewer itself. I think it will be solved with the next release 3.1.1 which should hopefully be soon be published :bye:

lars

• 5 months later...
so while playing my Music DB and pressing the next/prev button i got a dialog box to open a playlist file (??). This occurs also playing DVD (I expect to jump thru chapters using next/prev).

Yeah the problem is known. it's lies in the DVBViewer itself. I think it will be solved with the next release 3.1.1 which should hopefully be soon be published <_<

lars

I have made a workaround for this. Open the options of DVBViewer, where you can define the input options. For keyboard options, assign Ctrl-Left to "Previous" and Ctrl-Right to "Next".

In Girder, create a new command, learn the "next" button with remote control, and assign it a keyboard action of Ctrl-Right. For previous you assign Ctrl-Left.

Cheers

Mundl

• 6 years later...

sorry, but i don't understand what i do for install this plugin :(.

i don't understand this:

Simply copy the files of the Plugins folder into the Plugins folder of Girder. Copy the definitionfile "DVBViewer.gml" into the Girder folder.

do not use Girder if your not use to it.

Or maybe you could if your read Girder manual.

Basically you need to activate DVBViewer from girder, and put the plugin into girder/plugins

Also your remote needs to work with Girder( you need to have plugin)

You could try Intelliremote( trial 30 days), then 25$ for life, its awesome and very friendly-with noobs, 100 profiles or more( DVBViewer included) or Eventghost for free( its very hard, harder then Girder for me at least).

Personally i have Girder and Intelliremote installed, both with licences.

But i tend to use Intelliremote more, and also i have my Iphone in combination with an plugin from Intelliremote, as an remote, when i want to watch movies from PC to TV( plasma), i use Iphone as an remote or keyboard, or xbox360 wireless gamepad.

http://melloware.com/products/intelliremote/

Edited by bogdan1980