Epg info

DAddYE

Hello, im italian and I've a big problem, the sky channel epg are stored in one channel called epg channel so is impossible view the epg direct by the channel...

What I do?

Is not possible import epg in xml format?

Thanks so much

DAddYE

Guest Lars_MQ

Well there is a alpha version of an xmltv importer, but according to the XMLTV site there is no working grabber for italia link so no luck with that.

I think Skyitalia sends MHW EPG. Maybe christian has a idea.

lars

sorry, but I've a good app called sky2epg that create an xmltv file for grab the epg of skyitalia...

is very good and the output is the same of xmltv

The alpha version can import epg form an external xml file?

Guest Lars_MQ

Could you pm me a short xmltv file created by this app (as zip)?

The tool can of course import external data but I'll have to see how to map the xmltv channels to the DVBViewer channels, that will be hopefully the only problem :)

lars

Guest Lars_MQ

Ok I think this will please especially our italian friends ;)

I've got the XMLTV EPG Import working (for sky2epg and also epg4cplus). It should also work with XMLTV-files from XMLTV itself :).

You only have to do a onetime setup for your channellist (quite simple).

I'll put the stuff into the beta section of the Membersarea. Maybe someone can try this out.

lars

Hi Lars_MQ... and again many thanks!

I finally got some more time to test a little more deep the XMLTV EPG Import, and I find two annoing bugs (or maybe some other little animal... :blink:, because I can't know how match they are really related to your app...).

I made a good number of test, everyone with a empty epg.dat and deleting the two .xml file generated by your app; to keep the test clean I've tuned DVBViewewr on a channel without EPG, having set "persistent EPG data" and cleared "receive EPG data"; I imported the same file more than once, with the import button and with drag&dropping it on the app icon, but the results were the same; also there were no difference between the file generated from the 2 XMLTV apps you mention...

There they are:

1) not all the event are imported, ie there were some "hole" in the EPG list (and consequently in the timeline, were I firstly found them) while they were presents in the original XMLTV file and apparently without any error of any type (like strange non-ASCII character or overlapping time etc..); but very roughly as mutch as 90% of the events are imported, so I think that so far, for a 1 time beta, is a very good result!

2) if there were many root in the cannellist that refer to the same sat (and a channel is listed in more of them) the mapping is unreliable... you can choose the right one but XMLTV EPG Import won't agree and change it with some other...

If you like I can send you all the file you want...

Cheers ;)

Gioxy

• 1 month later...
Guest Lars_MQ

Ok, first of all sorry for taking so long, before I found the time to rework this.

I've updated the myXMLTV in the Membersarea. Hopefully the first problem described by Gioxy is fixed.

Maybe someone could try this... :bounce:

For the second problem it would be nice to get a xml-file with such a problem.

have fun

lars

• 5 weeks later...

Lars_MQ:

I'm sorry for another month of waiting for a response... I read your last post to fast... tank to bhdurren I noticed you request...

So, after a test (with the same care I've spoken up), here we are...

I've made a very little file of one channel only for you to test; with other SW (myHTPC 0.24 and MediaPortal 1.0.2) all the events are imported completely, while with you plugin there are some "hole" in between, that I can't know if is my PC/implementation fault... You can find the first of them (in the file ;) ) at 6.30am 03/07/2005, is named "Megasalvishow"...

Moreover, with the entire S*k*y file (8Mb!) I've noticed also a difficulty to "import" those events with blank category (aka <category></category>...) and some other that have ":" in the description field; with the single-channel file instead they are kept... :(

Cheers

Italia1.zip@

Guest Lars_MQ

I think it was/is a problem with the Tool.

We (more Griga) rewrote the complete EPG part in the DVBViewer and now there is a way to import the epgdata much easier.

So we will publish a mhw import plugin to import the data directly without having to use helper apps.

But you have to wait for the next release :(

We (more Griga) rewrote the complete EPG part in the DVBViewer and now there is a way to import the epgdata much easier.

... I really hope that when you write "import" you mean "download from the sat" :( ... IMHO this will cut off many of the problems that are there...

Ok, I'm (well, we all are!) waiting for the results of your gracious work!

Many, many thanks in advance!

Edited by Gioxy
Guest Lars_MQ

Import=use the datastream directly while DVBViewer is running ;)

Well you have to tune the needed channel, but that can also be automated :(

Ohhh, what a great news! ;)

...and what about anoter button on the bar (like the EPG one) that is automatically activated when a transponder that trasmit someting good on the MHW pid is tuned on??? :( That whould be automation!

BTW, there is some new MHW data to grab (at least for me ;) ) on Astra 19,2E, "Canal Digitaal" (Nederland):

Freq=10719000

SR=27500000

Pol=V

PidAudio=87

;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Lars,

First - thanks for providing this great utility.

I am trying this with xmltv 0.5.40a using the UK listings with tv_grab_uk_rt

I have run myXMLTV.exe and set up the channel pairings with the output guide.xml and the DVBViewer channels.dat files ok. Pressing import shows it working and it says Loading XML and processing, Sorting EPG-Data, Save EPG Data Ready. But there is no epg.dat file to be found and an epg.tmp with only 1k in it - and the epg doesnt show up in DVBViewer.

Any ideas? Shall I send you a sample of my guide.xml file for reference?

Best regards

Steve.

• 5 months later...
Hi Lars,

First - thanks for providing this great utility.

I am trying this with xmltv 0.5.40a using the UK listings with tv_grab_uk_rt

I have run myXMLTV.exe and set up the channel pairings with the output guide.xml and the DVBViewer channels.dat files ok. Pressing import shows it working and it says Loading XML and processing, Sorting EPG-Data, Save EPG Data Ready. But there is no epg.dat file to be found and an epg.tmp with only 1k in it - and the epg doesnt show up in DVBViewer.

Any ideas? Shall I send you a sample of my guide.xml file for reference?

Best regards

Steve.

I guess you've resolved this now yourself or died waiting for one of the developers to reply to you. The problem is in your channels.dat - you probably imported it from satcodx. Don't import, scan for your channels. This means you get a working channel.dat and you can import now.

• 3 months later...

Reviving this thread...

Is there a way to use command line tags with this program? It would help me a lot as I want to do an automatic import schedule.

I haven't found anything related in the readme or in the forum.

If it's not possible with 5.2, can a small code upgrade be done?

thanks

• 3 years later...