Several things about 3.1

aydan

Hi,

i noticed several things about 3.1 taht don't satisfy me:

1. default A/V disable seems to be ignored although A/V disable was activated for each recording (I got thrown out of a file playback when a timer recording started)

2. almost the same as (1): You shouldn't get thrown out of running playbacks (especially file playback) if not necessary.

3. bug with miniEPG: on prosieben (aquired through scan) the miniEPG doesn't show info but after switching to prosieben i see the program info. other EPG does work.

4. wrong logo on Sat1 (also aquired through scan). Shows 3sat logo.

5. the abort dialog before suspending is quite ok if you are sitting in front of the pc but what if you pause playback and go to the loo? Suspending should not happen if playback is paused.

finally some praise: the ability to playback files that are still being recorded rocks!

I got thrown out of a file playback when a timer recording started

yeah, thats a request, which should be regarded in future releases ;)

Suspending should not happen if playback is paused

woah, that is a case, only a few users will be able to use :) you can check/change your timers while your are watching a movie ;)

you can check/change your timers while your are watching a movie :)

Why whould I want to change my timers for that?

What if i don't remember i have a timer running?

I think it's pretty clear that when playback is paused sombody is watching something and wants to go on watching.

Guest Lars_MQ

there is a 20 seconds warning if suspending/shutdown etc is requestet by a plugin. So you can cancel the shutdown.

The pause status can have serveral causes which the DVBViewer of course can not know. So it warns and if nobody reacts it shuts down.

About the stopping of a playback when a timer starts, I'll have a look into this. Should not happen you are right.

Guest Lars_MQ
1. default A/V disable seems to be ignored although A/V disable was activated for each recording (I got thrown out of a file playback when a timer recording started)

Well disableAV won't work if you play a mediafile.

3. bug with miniEPG: on prosieben (aquired through scan) the miniEPG doesn't show info but after switching to prosieben i see the program info. other EPG does work.

Seems to be no EPG there. The DVBViewer doesn't has preferences or dislikes on channels :)

4. wrong logo on Sat1 (also aquired through scan). Shows 3sat logo.

Check the logo name.

Seems to be no EPG there. The DVBViewer doesn't has preferences or dislikes on channels :)

The thing is I get the correct miniEPG when switching to Pro7 and i get Pro7's EPG data in the EPG window but recalling miniEPG with [ENTER] gives me an "empty" display

the 20 seconds warning are only good if you sit in front of the TV. But as i said if playback is paused DVBV should assume there's somebody willing to keep watching and not shut down.

I just stumbled over something: removing a running timer engages the after record action

Edited by aydan
Guest Lars_MQ
I just stumbled over something: removing a running timer engages the after record action

This was the case in 3.0, in 3.1 it is fixed. I tried it in several combinations right now and couldn't reproduce it. Could you describe step by step how to reproduce this?

Guest Lars_MQ

OK, I investigated a little bit more.

I think you're a man with an exceptional bad timing ;) (no offense)

Beeing on the loo when a recording ends and shuts down.

And even better:

Hitting a 10 milliseconds timewindow while deleting a recording so the afterrecording action gets triggered. :)

This was hard to track down, but I closed this timewindow. Currently I'm doing some extensive testing.

lars

I think it's pretty clear that when playback is paused sombody is watching something and wants to go on watching.

i suggest to let the mini-epg open two or more times (5min, 15min) befor a after-rec action is executed just to inform that there will be this action. after this, the after-rec-action could be changed manually in osd-timers.

another possibility would be to start a little tool (which has to be programmed first :blink:) from inside the osd, which prevents the DVBViewer to shutdown.

@lars: how easy/hard is it to manually add commands to the osd-blue-stuff? there such a thing would be right placed ;)

Edited by admi-ral

Seems to be no EPG there. The DVBViewer doesn't has preferences or dislikes on channels :blink:

The thing is I get the correct miniEPG when switching to Pro7 and i get Pro7's EPG data in the EPG window but recalling miniEPG with [ENTER] gives me an "empty" display

the 20 seconds warning are only good if you sit in front of the TV. But as i said if playback is paused DVBV should assume there's somebody willing to keep watching and not shut down.

I was mistaken there. The case is that when timeshift is running you'll get the record status instead of the miniEPG, which irritated me since 3.0's behaviour was different.

Guest Lars_MQ
I just noticed that when disabling a timer while it's running the after record action kicks in.

You're sure you are running version 3.1? That behavior can't be verified.

Please explain exactly what you do.

i have a recurring timer set to K1 from 16:12 to 17:17 mon-fri

sometimes when i don't need the recording cuz i'm there to watch live i disable the timer while it's running and i got the abort shutdown dialog several times already.

Strange enough I tried to recreate it myself now with a new timer and it didn't do that. Maybe it's a leftover from 3.0. I'll remove the timer see if that happend again.