Raw Stream Recording

Unauthorized

It would be very nice if you could integrate raw stream recording into DVBViewer. At the moment I am using winSTB for recording because there are some errors (mainly audio skips) in the files recorded with DVBViewer. The files recorded with winSTB are always OK, also if there are errors during watching.

It would be very nice if you could integrate raw stream recording into DVBViewer. At the moment I am using winSTB for recording because there are some errors (mainly audio skips) in the files recorded with DVBViewer. The files recorded with winSTB are always OK, also if there are errors during watching.

Yes, Ts record with timer recording and low cpu usage . It should not be so difficult to update DVBViewer and recorder.exe

Cu

Flepp

Guest hackbart

Hi ,

if you record the files as splitted Mpeg, the result is the same like you would save the whole transport stream. The only difference are the missing 4 bytes of a Transportstream.

These 4 bytes are structured in the following way:

1st ID: always 'G'

2nd & 3rd: PID

4th: CRC

It does not really make sense to dump these things too.

Christian

PS: Maybe i write a new additional recorder, but first i want to finish all the things in the main application

Hi ,

if you record the files as splitted Mpeg, the result is the same like you would save the whole transport stream. The only difference are the missing 4 bytes of a Transportstream.

Christian

PS: Maybe i write a new additional recorder, but first i want to finish all the things in the main application

Hmm, but I am not sure if there are errors or if video & audio will be sync.

TS-Recording is definitely the next main feature I am looking for, or is it too difficult to integrate? Come on, I want to delete WinSTB and let DVBViewer become my only DVB-application! :rolleyes:

EDIT: OK, I'll try splitted for a while...

Guest hackbart

Well the directshow filter (neither Marfi's nor the B2C2 one) send the whole transportstream. They are only sending the content. I could manually add some TS Data, but this is not very usable.

Christian

Hi ,

Christian

Hmm, but I am not sure if there are errors or if video & audio will be sync.

TS-Recording is definitely the next main feature I am looking for, or is it too difficult to integrate? Come on, I want to delete WinSTB and let DVBViewer become my only DVB-application! :rolleyes:

EDIT: OK, I'll try splitted for a while...

Hi

Well Data out of Marfi's filter should normally provide the PCR which is necessary to have perfectly synchronised video and audio because it has normally same pid as video.

Ds.jar does demux perfect syncronized ES Video & Audio streams out of my test graph.

Here an explanation of pcr i took from mascom.de

The PID for PCR ( Program Clock Recovery ) is sometimes the same as the Video PID. This data is used for synchronisation ( lip-synch ) between Video and Audio. If the PID is wrong the result is mostly no sound.

But if I record as PVA or muxed MPEG2, there are sometimes skips in the audiostream. I don't know if it is so with splitted MPEG2, as I didn't test it for a longer time.

• 3 weeks later...