Work In Progress :)

hackbart

You might wonder what we are currently working on. And to be honest there are a few new features which are definitively unique. Some are non visible - like COM Server, but some of them are bombastic. Did you ever thought about a function to watch more than 2 channels in the same time? Well if yes you might love this brand new function.

The mosaic images are rendered in realtime (a bit slower than the main window, in order not to burn you cpu). Right now we play with some recorded files, but once the feature is completed you see the live stream instead..

Christian

wip.jpg

Thank's for your work .....Christian

For me your DVBViewer is the best applications as front-end reciver DVBS-T and ...

i hope for HTPC use in the future !!!!

Best Regards ..... Arci

Edited by arci

Sure thing we got it working with an acceptable speed. The trick behind is that there is only one virtual mpeg decoder which decodes channel by channel. If you only have two previews running it is decoding one frame of the first and then the second pid. This offers even more than 100 previews without eating more cpu power than one preview window. The only disadvantage is that the more streams are rendered the slower the update rate. Anyhow who wants to watch more than 1-2 tv channels simulataneous :)

Christian

Hi Hackbart,

dont call me "Funbreaker", but, once again, what's about 3.1.1? To be honest, there are some small changes I am more interested in than watching more than one channel the same time. By the way, how do you handle the sound? Do I need a 5.1-system an get the sound per channel on separate speakers ;-)

Keep on coding ;-)

Hi,

some weeks ago, Lars MQ wrote something like "support for 2 cards (like Twinhan and Skystar) comes later".

Does it means, "this year"? I want to build a mediapc with 2 cards.

Thank you

Kaloschke

some weeks ago, Lars MQ wrote something like "support for 2 cards (like Twinhan and Skystar) comes later".

Does it means, "this year"? I want to build a mediapc with 2 cards.

it *is* possible now to use a skystar2 and a skystar1ci (or twinhan) simultanously in one pc, BUT every card needs a seperate instance of the DVBViewer, which may cause some problems. using two cards in one program needs a lot of logical thinking about afaik ;)

i don't know anything except vdr that handles this correctly. i personally think that the development *and* testing (every tester needs >1 card :rolleyes: ) of such a huge feature with all its details (which are often the real problems instead of the general possibility) will take a lot of time.

although knowing no intern plans i would not count on this feature within the next few months. but never say never :D

@admi-ral: Yep this caused me a couple of headaches - especially if you use two or more different tuners. You have to send additional information which device is required if you add or remove a PID. And i have to stay downward compatible with the plugins.

@reesthill: 3.1.1 will be probably skipped, since a few improvements are added which are bigger than just one small version step. Anyhow i suppose you have a twinhan problem. If yes i will upload a new .module later this week.

/Edit Well okay, i was faster: http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...274entry58274

Christian

Does this Multipicture pay attention for anamorphic material, too? I think the only way to show it will be letterboxed, cause never all stations will send anamorphic at once that it could show just a bigger picture.

if you ask me what i think would be satisfying, i would say:

use only one tuner for watching tv. use the second tuner only for recording and *if necessary*, use the first tuner for recording, too.

this might (!?) decrease the number of problems a bit :rolleyes:

thats my intention too, but keep in the Steffen's "Egglaywoolmilkpig" mind :rolleyes:

Christian

Hackbart,

no, it's not the twinham-problem. If I take a look at Olivers "work in Progress", there seems to be all my Problems solved. I have the dream to remove mouse and keyboard from the "entertainment-PC", controll everything i really need via remote control an be able to listen to Audio-CDs without turning on the TV-Set. A big step ahead would be:

[is already realised/fixed in DVBViewer Pro 3.1.1 beta]

Fix: no break in media playback when tuning a channel for background recording

Add: Controlling: Added Next Song

Add: Controlling: Added Prev Song

Add: Controlling: Added Show Currentplaylist

Add: Controlling: Added Show Musicplaylist

Add: Controlling: Added Show Videoplaylist

Add: Controlling: Added Toggle Zoom

Add: DVD-Playback: last position of DVD-Playback is now remembered for every DVD

Add: Options: InstantEPGoffset for EPG calculation of an instant recording.

Add: OSD: Added "only Favourites" filter to contextmenu in EPG Now and Timeline

Change: OSD-Controls: Some small fixes and changes

Change: OSD-Musicfiles: The tracks of an autoplayed audioCDs get now a titel (instead of track1 etc), if audioCD is present in the mediadb (for now no freedb query for autoplay cds, only if selected via osd-musicfiles)

Change: OSD: Adding file to playlist in Video or Music window only moves the selection down instead of putting it at the top

Change: Winlirc: Changed handling of Winlirc, double keypresses should not occur anymore.

Fix: DirectX: added missing stop to graph construction, caused hang-up while recording and switching channels and missing format detection

Fix: DirectX: format detection

Fix: Options: Shutdown: Default Shutdown Action didn't work

Fix: OSD-Musicfiles: Autoplay audioCD didn't work until the OSD-Musicfiles were once opened.

Fix: OSD-Playlist: Currently playing item is now updated correctly

Fix: VCR: Deleting a Timer could cause afterRec action to trigger

Fix: VCR: If an instant recording and a timer recording are running on the same channel pressing the recordbutton caused both recordings to stop instead of only the instant recording

Fix: VCR: If capture path is missing all recording will be stopped and an alert will be displayed

Fix: VCR: Starting Recording doesn't stop Mediaplayback anymore

PS: I think i am not the only one who would prever to be able to use the existing features rather than having new funny features. We had a threat about this before ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I need it so much, really and this news is very good for me. Thank you! ;)

You told about TV, but what about radio?

And finally..., when you'll finish it? :bounce: