Video Recorder 3.0.5.1. plugin and empty files

I've recently installed the DVBViewer 3.1 (from 3.0) and Video Recorder 3.0.5.1 plugin (from 3.0.2.x).

Now when I try to record a video with the Video Recorder plugin from my Skystar2 I've only a 0 byte file during the recording session and a 4 byte file after stopping the plugin.

In other words I can only get empty VR files by using it.

Can You help me?

Franco Pasut

First reset your SkyStar2 by deactivating and re-activating it in the Windows device manager, then try again and let me know.

I deactivated and reactivated my SkyStar2 in the Windows XP device manager, according with Your instruction.

After deactivation and reactivation I made e PC reboot.

Nothing is changed!

I give You two attachments: the new 4 Byte empty video-file and the controls window during video recording.

Before upgrading VR plugin was correctly working.

Now I tried t downgrading to the previous VR version but it's not working at all.

Waiting for an answer of Yours.

Best Regards

Franco Pasut

post-10610-1117365385_thumb.jpg

OK, you can stop attaching 4 Byte files. They contain just the end marker for a MPEG2 file. That's what happens if the Plugin gets no data, or not the required data.

1) Try to record the same channel as TS (transport stream format) and tell me what happens.

2) Does recording as MPG in the DVBViewer work? Why do you use the Videorecorder Plugin?

2) Check the channel's PCR PID on the edit tab of the DVBViewer's channellist window. Some broadcasters prefer to put the PCR (Program Clock Reference) in a separate stream. If the DVBViewer doesn't know the correct PID (Packet Identifier) of this stream, it cannot read it, and MPG recordings fail. Try to rescan the channel.

OK, you can stop attaching 4 Byte files. They contain just the end marker for a MPEG2 file. That's what happens if the Plugin gets no data, or not the required data.

1) Try to record the same channel as TS (transport stream format) and tell me what happens.

2) Does recording as MPG in the DVBViewer work? Why do you use the Videorecorder Plugin?

2) Check the channel's PCR PID on the edit tab of the DVBViewer's channellist window. Some broadcasters prefer to put the PCR (Program Clock Reference) in a separate stream. If the DVBViewer doesn't know the correct PID (Packet Identifier) of this stream, it cannot read it, and MPG recordings fail. Try to rescan the channel.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

The solution was the third: I rescanned all channel and now all it's OK.

By the way: I DON'T USE DVBViewer recording capabilities because with that program the MPG files are NOT readeable with Windows Media Player and other video players and editors (the video freezes very very frequently) except with Nero Show Time.

With Video Recorder plugin all recordings are regularly readeable with all video-readers (included Windows Media Player) and video-editors (included Windows Movie Maker).

Can You give me an explanation of the difference between the MPGs recorded with DVBViewer and with Video Recorder plugin?

Thank You for Your attention.

Franco Pasut

Can You give me an explanation of the difference between the MPGs recorded with DVBViewer and with Video Recorder plugin?

No, I can't. Basically it's the same recorder engine. I've provided it for DVBViewer 3.0. The implementation may be a bit different, but technically it is the same. So I guess there's some other problem interfering, or the settings are different... don't know.