More then 4 LNB?

faktor

No not in DVBViewer. DiSEqC level 1.1 is not implemented in the Technisat drivers.

There's a patched version which is bundled with the software Mytheatre. With that driver and Mytheatre and also the Altdvb program you can use multiple DiSEqC switches. For 6 that would be like shown here: http://www.satlex.de/en/1participant_conf_1p_6s.html

Since the patched driver is not an official driver Christian doesn't want to support it because it potentially, according to previous post by Christian, could harm the eeprom as well as the tuner on the Skystar 2 card. I've been running a 8 LNB setup for over a year now using this patched driver and have had no problems. I can sort of use all 8 in DVBViewer if I go into Mytheatre or AltDVB and choose a channel from the other DiSEqC switch and then exit then that switch will be the active and in that way I can access the 4 inputs on that switch also. A bit of a hassle but DVBViewer is the best for viewing and recording.

I've been in contact with Technisat about 6 months ago, pleading for official DiSEqC 1.1 support in the drivers but no luck. I'm pretty sure it's possible if they wanted to and Technisat themselves does state that there's DiSEqC 1.1 support in http://www.technisat.com/datasheets/en/SkyStar2pci.pdf so my guees it's just missing in the driver.

Edited by boborg
  • 9 years later...

but now after about several years, I saw this Topic & I'm so happy that DVBViewer support more than 4 LNB.

now i'm using this nice feature by DiseqC 1.1 switch & Uncommited option in DVBViewer Settings.

Edited by Reza Sadeghi