Task Scheduler

I bought DVBViewer prof and downloaded Task Scheduler. The latter does not work properly: My Problem: When I programm a recording and set the Task Scheduler as advised in the guide. the latter does wake my computer at the right time, but does not start DVBViewer thereafter and there is no programmed recording.

Since this is the supposed valuable feature of Task Scheduler - to enable programmed recording from "Ruhezustand" - what can I do to obtain this function?

The DVBViewer works well as long as it is an active programme - all features ok ;)

Are there any errors reported in DVBViewer.log concerning the Scheduler?

What about manually setting up a DVBViewer task in the Windows task scheduler? Does it work?

• 2 weeks later...

What about manually setting up a DVBViewer task in the Windows task scheduler? Does it work?

I tried this, being administrator with password, and got a message like .....Zugriff verweigert - Sie haben nicht die nötigen Rechte, um diesen Task auszuführen.....

and now I have a new problem: the Task Scheduler, since yesterday, does not allow me to tick the box of a scheduled task and does no more even wake up the computer from hibernate - which it did before.....

I tried hours and do not get the scheduler working again - e.g. deletion of the software, new installation, installing a new user...????

What can I do? :(

And what is with Grigas Question??

does not allow me to tick the box of a scheduled task

There might be a broken Task available.

If you don't have any important task in the windows task scheduler, start the command line interface, go to the tasks folder (e.g. c:\Windows\Tasks) and delete all entries (del *.*). It might help.

And what is with Grigas Question??

does not allow me to tick the box of a scheduled task

There might be a broken Task available.

If you don't have any important task in the windows task scheduler, start the command line interface, go to the tasks folder (e.g. c:\Windows\Tasks) and delete all entries (del *.*). It might help.

fiirst: the log says <scheduler error 8004131 scheduling agent acivate () failed....>

second: will try to delete entries in c:\windows\tasks some time

but for now I found a solution to my problem of establishing a "standalone-videorecorder" using the Viewer without Scheduler as follows:

I changed the relevant entry in RegEdit as proposed in the "Gebrauchsanweisung" of the Scheduler from ..00001 to ...00000. Now Windows Tasks does accept my entries, does not tell me anymore that I do not have "Zugriffsrechte" and executes them in time. When I program recordings in the Viewer, Windows Tasks wakes my Computer from hibernate, starts the Viewer, which in turn starts recording......

Thanks for tips and help - :(

Edited by schlrf