I contacted EOL and they sent me this reg file

B2C2_Unlock_Entry.reg

----------------------------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\B2C2, Inc.\Install]

"Id"=dword:00000001

----------------------------------

and this is what they said:

You can use the Technisat software and drivers version 4.22 with the Europe Online DVB card too. To this end, you have to follow the procedure as follows. The different steps of the procedure depend on certain factors: whether or not you have installed the Europe Online software and drivers, and whether or not you have registered the DVB Card. We present you with 3 (three) different scenarios; please follow the steps of the scenario, which corresponds, to your situation.

Scenario 1: The DVB card was delivered in a Europe Online pack, and with Europe Online Installation CD 1.5 or 1.6, but you didn’t install the software and/or the drivers neither was the DVB Card installed and/or used by its previous owner(s).

à In this case, please don’t touch the Europe Online CD and simply download the Technisat Software from Technisat under Service & Support, Download, SkyStar 2 TV /PVR, unzip the file, install the DVB card, direct the installation of the drivers to the folder where the unzipped files were saved and after the driver installation has been carried out, please carry out the Technisat-Software, by selecting the folder where the unzipped files were stored, choosing the sub-folder Install and execute the setup.exe file. After installing and restarting your PC, it will be ready to receive television, etc. . If you should face technical problems when using an untouched original card with Technisat software please contact the Technisat Helpdesk.

Scenario 2: The DVB card was activated and used with the Europe Online Software CD Rom 1.5 or 1.6, which means that you are able to see television programs with the EuroTV Program, which is part of the Europe Online software, but you wish to change over to the Technisat software.

à In this case, please carry out the following procedure step by step:

1. Make sure that you can receive TV Programs with the Euro TV program. If, after selecting a TV Channel with the Euro TV program, you get a message saying that the Program is not available, then you will have to reregister the DVB Card.

To do so:

-         If you still are a Europe Online client, you just have to start your Internet connection and go to Start/Programs/Europe Online/Registration and click this last item, here you will give in your username and password, then click Next on this as well as the following page. You will then get the message Registration Complete and the card is reactivated.

-         If you are not a Europe Online client anymore, but had bought and used the DVB card in the past with our software 1.5 or 1.6, then you just have to add the unlock code at the end of the URL given below, copying it to the Address field of your Internet browser and executing it http://localhost:45762/auth.html?authcode=

-         The activation code was sent to you by email at the time of the very first registration of the DVB Card. Once you executed this URL with the unlock code in the Internet browser, you get the message Registration Complete and the DVB card is reactivated now.

(*Should you not be in possession of your activation code, please send an e-mail to customer.support@europeonline.net with your username or the surname & username of the previous owner of the DVB Card. The activation code will then be sent to you by e-mail. And will thus enable you to reactivate your DVB card.)

2. Now, to install the Technisat 4.22 software, you will have to uninstall the Europe Online drivers and software as follows:

a)      Please end the Europe Online software in the Taskbar by right-clicking the green-colored Satellite icon.

:rolleyes:      Then go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs and remove the following entries in the order that they are shown below:

-         Europe Online DVB Services

-         Europe Online 2

-         Europe Online

One or more restarts may be required by the system;

c)      Please go to the Device Manager and uninstall the “B2C2 Broadband Receiver Adapter” under “Network Adapters”.

d)      Now please delete the drivers manually:

-         open the Windows Explorer and make sure that the hidden files and folders are also shown by clicking Tools/Folder Options/View

o       Deactivate “Hide File Extensions for known file types” and

o       Activate “Show all files and folders under Hidden files and folders”.

-         Windows98Se/WindowsME: Then in the folder C:\Windows\inf\other the file skynet.inf  has to be deleted as well as the file skynet.sys under C:\Windows\system32\drivers.

IMPORTANT: Please empty the Recycle Bin on your Desktop now.

- Windows 2000/Windows XP: In the folder C:\WINNT\inf the files called oemX.inf and oemX.pnf should be opened, (X stands for a number). In most cases, the file oem0.inf and .pnf should show B2C2; both these files should be deleted, the other oem files shouldn’t be deleted. Then go back to the folder C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete the file skynet.sys there. Please empty your Recycle bin on your Desktop now.

3. All that remains to be done now is to execute the attached file b2c2_unlock_registry.reg., confirm the execution of the file with Yes and OK as required.

4. Once you have done this, your system is ready to take the installation of the Technisat drivers and software. Please load these files from http://www.technisat.de under Service & Support, Download, SkyStar 2 TV /PVR, unzip the downloaded files and restart the PC.

Please direct the system to pick up the drivers from the folder where you unzipped and subsequently saved them to. Then go back to the same folder, open the sub folder Install and execute the setup.exe file. Once the installation is over, please restart the PC and once that is achieved, your PC with the freshly installed Technisat Software is ready for reception (please test by trying to view different TV channels).

Scenario 3: You have the DVB Card, which was installed and used with Europe Online drivers and software 1.5 or 1.6, but you do not have any activation or PIN codes, username and password or even the unlock code.

In this case please follow the following steps:

-         If you got your DVB card from a dealer, please return it to him or ask him to give you the necessary codes.

-         If you got the DVB card from a previous user, please ask him to provide you with his unlock code (it starts with http://localhost:45762/auth.html?authcode= and was sent to  the previous owner of the DVB card by email at the time of the first registration).

If this code should not be available, please send an email to customer.support@europeonline.net asking us to send you the unlock code and please write the surname of the previous owner of the DVB card as well as his username. Once you receive this code, you can follow the steps under Scenario 2.

@Administrator:

please pin this entry, because its a offical statement of EOL and descrips fantastic the way to unlock.

I have a Skystar 2 card which became locked by using third-party software.

It was purchased with the Netsystem Yahoo offer, and it seems although the card is locked by replacing the newer 4.2.2 "Skynet.sys" file in the "C:WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS" folder with the the older Technisat 4.01 drivers "Skynet.sys" (and Rebooting XP) it allows me the watch free tv again.

Unfortunately this disables Sat broadbroad as it blanks out the Mac address in the 4.22 application.

When the newer "Skynet.sys" is put in the DRIVERS folder again and the system rebooted the broadband is active again but no tv.

Whatever is in/not in the older "Skynet.sys" file gets around a locked card.

Maybe someone could modify the newer SYS file to not check for the lock

like the older file?

If there's one channel you can receive, the card is not locked!

If you can receive only half of the channels, it's another problem. Only channels with horizontal polarization (or vertical), I guess, please check that. Might be a problem with DiseqC or a multiswitch. Do you receive more than one satellite position (i.e. Astra/Hotbird)?

Cheers

Griga

i do receive astra and hotbird

solved:

i reinstalled winxp, installed 4.2.2 drivers directly (not installed any europeonline software or 4.2 driverS)

and ran B2C2_Unlock_Entry.reg and now it works!

i got my ss2 card from eol.

so an advice: reinstall winxp. it took me 4 hours

to install/configre winxp and install all programs again.

• 8 months later...

Hi Oliver,

Does this mean that if we have the new 4.28 driver installed we could

install EOL software and the card would never be locked?

Sorry if i'm being insistent, but i have bought a SS2 recently (1 week) and if i decide to regist with EOL i do not want to get my card locked or damaged right now... :wub:

Thanks,

Samuel

• 7 months later...