***WARNING ***

pebbles1

Please do not run SkyStar2_unlock.reg unless you KNOW why you need it!

The file is WRONGLY named. It should be called EOL_customer.reg, or SkyStar2_lock.reg , because it will LOCK your card if you are not a customer of EOL!

I have stupidly learned the hard way!

Anyway, I have been told that some kind people here can calculate an Authcode from a MAC address.

My MAC = 00 d0 d7 04 9c d0

Authcode = ???

Thanks for any help!

@czaja:

if he had used the reg and started the viewer or TV4PC then his card is now locked and it doesnt help if he make any uninstalls!!! If he use this reg something would written in the eprom of the card. And this cant you change with uninstalling drivers. :rolleyes:

@czaja:

if he had used the reg and started the viewer or TV4PC then his card is now locked and it doesnt help if he make any uninstalls!!! If he use this reg something would written in the eprom of the card. And this cant you change with uninstalling drivers. :rolleyes:

You can change it with patched drivers or simply writing 0FFFFh in EEPROM in place of ISP code.

SCRIBITUS where would you get these patched drivers, or what program would you use to change the EEPROM?

1. Save nonpadched driver SkyNET.SYS from TechniSat.

2. In HIEW open this in system32\drivers folder goto to begin of proc ISPReadCode and put -1 in AX and write jump to ISPWriteCode.

3. Recalculate checksum in header.

4. Next first access to this driver writed -1 to EEPROM.

5. Replace driver with saved in step 1.

That all.

In HIEW open
what is HIEW ?

Can you make a screenshot of point 2?

HIEW - hexeditor and (de)assembler

Step by step instruction

1. Download patched driver ftp://ftp.css.com.ua/incoming/skynet.sys.cab

2. Save non patched driver, normaly his located at %systemroot%\system32\drivers

3. Extract patched driver from cabinet into %systemroot%\system32\drivers

4. Remove from startup folder (Start->Programs->Startup) all DVB related software

5. Restart your computer

6. Replace patched driver with non patched (important!!!)

7. Run Setup4PC. At this step your computer may hangup (windows BSOD)

8. Restart your computer

Now you don't have ISP code in your SS2 card

Scribitus, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

However, may I please update and clarify your instructions.

1) Clear out all skystar2_unlock.reg (look for b2c2 entries using regedit.exe) and unwanted versions of dvb software (EOL, EON whatever)

REBOOT

2) Install latest Technisat software and drivers (4.2.2)

REBOOT

3) run setup4PC. Scan your satellite long enough to get usual "no PMT data", then abort.

4) Save original driver, then put patched driver in %systemroot%\system32\drivers

REBOOT

5) run setup4PC. Scan your satellite long enough to get usual "no PMT data", then abort.

Yes, this is a repeat, but you have caused the driver to fix the EEPROM.

6) Put original driver in %systemroot%\system32\drivers

REBOOT

7) run setup4PC. Scan your satellite. OMG it now works. Welcome back winSTB

Thanks again!!!

PS in summary, the patched driver will NOT install until after REBOOT, but will not update EEPROM until it is used by a program like setup4PC

The change to the EEPROM will enable the original driver to work, but that driver will only be installed after a reboot.

I confess that I am puzzled why the patched driver cannot permanently replace the original driver.

I tried this fix. but does' work for me only bsod.

I have 4.22 and XP

I'm maked this patch for own use only and don't tested it on any other platform neither my own (w2k) and with EON cards 1999-2000 years (SS2 rev 2.3).

Use this pathed driver to make your own patch. In ver. 4.2.2, function to compare ISP code in drivers and EEPROM are started at 157C0h (257C0h virtual). Registers AL and CL contain ISP code of drivers. Don't foget about checksum in header.

infortunatly its not working 4 me...

using XP; 422 clean instalation, followed the steps but no BOSD, just a reboot

i have ss2 rev 2.3

anyyway, can u explain a little bit more on how to make my on patched driver?

thanks

I have a big problem with my SS2 card. It's locked, and I've tried everything to unlocked it, but still doesnt run!!! I have XP with 4.2.2 drivers. My card Mac's address is 00-D0-D7-03-F6-44.

I am desperate, so please HELP ME!

Scribitus,

However, may I please update and clarify your instructions.

1) Clear out all skystar2_unlock.reg (look for b2c2 entries using regedit.exe) and unwanted versions of dvb software (EOL, EON whatever)

REBOOT

2) Install latest Technisat software and drivers (4.2.2)

REBOOT

3) run setup4PC. Scan your satellite long enough to get usual "no PMT data", then abort.

4) Save original driver, then put patched driver in %systemroot%\system32\drivers

REBOOT

That's may be good, but after 4th step... after reboot, my Windows is crashing. So i have to rebbot again (in safe mode).

My SS2 is not from EOL. What to do?

Scribitus,

Thank you for your valuable contributon but it has not helped for me with an SS2 card supplied by Netsystem (pcb Ver 2.3P). The Nesystem card has become locked. They supply a key.reg file which enters a value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ASTRANET of 12 digit Dword.

I tried your file but Windows XPSP1 locks on reboot after exchanging the normal driver for the patched file. It is necessary to reverse the file swap under Safe Mode in order to boot.

I have used HVIEW to compare code between Technisat 4.2.2 Skynet.sys and Netsystem version 4.2.2 and can find no differences in the regions suggested by you (157C0....157DB hex). I also looked in 257C0...257d7 (Sorry, I am not a programmer and do not understand the comment 257C0h virtual). I have obviously misunderstood your comments. I can find no reference in the Netsystem 4.2.2 Skynet.sys driver as to how the Dword above is used to write to the EEPROM. Any ideas? I can email skynet.sys file, MAC address and key.reg if it would help?

The patched file from Scribitus worked on my system, but I use Windows2000.

I have avoided XP so far, because of all the times, including now, when XP refuses to work as reliably as W2K (XP has so many problems with different software that works fine on W2K that I think it should be considered as broken).

However, this does no help XP users.

May I suggest that if you have XP, and a locked SS2 card, that you keep posting requests in as many forums as possible requesting a patched file that will work with XP.

Sooner, or later, someone will provide a GOOD solution that can solve this problem FOREVER.

ASIDE: maybe XP requires that the patched driver is properly installed through the hardware manager and a .inf file. Might be worth a try!

Scribitus and others thankyou for your help.

My card is rev. 2.3P and the patched Sys file corrected my locked card.

I am running windows XP SP1/Direct X 9 so it should work for XP users.

Using the 4.22 drivers/application with all unlock reg/Netsystem Astranet reg taken out of the registry, I did the channel scan and got the "NO PAT" messages.

Then i replaced the 4.22 System file with the patched file and rebooted.

Got into XP but after 30 seconds a BSOD occured and any other time i rebooted immediately got the blue screen of death.

I did not get the chance to scan the channels a second time so i went into safe mode and put back the original 4.22 System file.

It might be worth mentioning that first i booted in normal safe mode, then safe mode with networking, ran the Server4pc application manually (got BSOD), went into normal windows mode (got BSOD), went into normal safe mode and changed back to original 4.22 sys file/rebooted.

I dont know if doing this helped or if by going into safe mode and putting back the original 4.22 driver/rebooting the card would have been unlocked anyway.

When i rebooted into windows and checked the status transponder network box the Astra network was back.

Now all applications including winstb work. :rolleyes:

done it...

here´s what i did...

after some formats and many installs, i installed win 2k with sp1, i followed the steps with the pached file, no BSOD or crashes, then, when the card was unlocked i formated and installed win xp, latest 2.2 drivers from technisat, and NO eol software.

now everything works.

Thanks a lot to Scribitus and pebbles1

:rolleyes:)

Hi,

How to know if the card is locked or not. I cant watch Digital Tv ?

Îf your card is locked than you have good signal but no picture or sound and that on all channels. If you can looking only one channel --> your card is not locked!

strange:

after installing dx9, the card was blocked(??) again, meaning, i couldnt scan channels cause always gave "no pat".

made a restore system to before install dx9 and it works again...

well, after installing Win2K, i try the method with patched sys but she doesn't work. after replacing original file with the patch, i reboot my computer and he crash always. I use a SS2 from Netsystem.

Please Help Me ....

<_< , I try everthing but no works. Under WinXP and Win2K SP2, after that

REBOOT

and my system crash when i try to run setup4PC. I cant scan satellite. After that, I try TV4PC and all channel say me : Cannot Play This Program..... And I use the technisat version of the software and drivers. I need to reinstall the Netsystem software??? Or what?

HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP

please

I try the patch SkyNet Patch 2 and he works :rolleyes:

I change the orginal file Skynet.sys with the patched and reboot and Digital TV works.

:)

But i can't replace the original file :blink:

But all is OK

Thanks

you can it only replace if you start your system im german called "Abgesicherter Modus" i think safety modus in english. Or you use a second operating system to change it on your harddisk.

For this things you can use knoppix This is a complete linuxsystem that runs completly from a simple CDROM without using your harddisk. The only problem is the download wit 699MB as ISO. But its worth.

Can anyone send me a patched skynet.sys ( version 4.2.2 ) which can repair eeprom??

I tried to use SkyNET.exe by hiddenmask but it says crack aborted....

BTW: My card is NO EOL-card... It's an original technisat

I tried to use skynet.dll v 4.0.1 beta8 and then DVBViewer works...

so it must be locked

I didn't install any reg.. I think theres something wrong with dvbportal,winstb etc.....??

I hope you can help

greetz

erazor2k

hallo erazor2k,

You must install the 4.22 Driver to patch it. The Skynet.sys of 4.01 don`t work. Patch the Skynet.sys in a other folder an owerwrite the Orginal in Windows\System32\Drivers . Look for writeprotection of the file.

it was my fault.. i forgot to disable write-protection

GavinP: USE the patch from HiddenMask

hm... it seems as it doesn't work for me.... I can't get my card with 4.2.2 SkyNET.sys to work....

I tried everything... With Skynet.sys version 4.0.1 (Beta 8) everything works fine (TV4PC works and DVBViewer 1.94-technisat-edition works also perfect....

But i need Skynet.sys 4.2.2 because i want to sue cassablanca and progdvb and thats only pssible with version 4.2.2..

I don't know what i should do.. it seams that card is locked ( i already looked at eonlock.chm )

But the card did work perfectly two weeks agoo (also with progdvb and cassablanca)

It's an original Technisat card...

If anyone has an idea let me know...

Edited by erazor2k

Hallo erazor2k

On my card don`t work the skynet.sys.cab file. Only the patch by hiddenmask works. For yor problem you must only dissable the B2C2 Card on your Hardware-Manager and then enable it. On my ss2 does it work with this methode.

Òî Scribitus .

Please upload this file on another server ,i can not download it anymore .

Or anybody ,who has this file skynet.sys.cab, send it to my email please .

brief@pisem.net

To Scribitus and HiddenMask , thank you , i bolshoe spasibo!