transparent videotext ?

Klausing

Hallo,

it would be very nice if we can make the window of the videotext transparent look like on televisor. There we see only the text an not the white ore black background.

So we can read the videotext messages and looking TV trough this window.

I hope my english was not to bad.

cheers

Steffen

Guest hackbart

Well the option is already inside (as inofficial feature).

Try the following thing: Open the Optionmenu and change the background color of the teletext to the color of the overlay. To determine which color it is open a graphictool, e.g. psp take a screenshot and get the color value of the overlay; normally it has the value: Red=0xFF Green=0xD2 Blue=0x80.

Christian

Hi,

can you write the color like: #FF00FF

i cant input your colorcode in the Optionmenu and if i make a screenshot i get Red 255 Green 0 Blue 255 and this dont works.

Thanks

Steffen

Guest hackbart

yep,

this is a typical programmers bug (now, i fixed it). Until i upload the new version try this: enter on R: 16, G: 16 and B: 16 (or the rgb values in your case 255, 0, 255). After this push the Set Key and the color should be set.

Christian

I must say first that I don't try to change the color like specified in the previous post.

But I think that a good feature will be that the teletext text will be overlayed to video screen (like in normal tv) and trasparent. In this way we don't have another window for teletext.

Another great function will be a pull-down menu where we can chose all cached subpages... (or also pages)

damjang

Guest hackbart

well actually it is possible (and my teletext vcl puts an image every where i want to have). The only problem i see (and this is also the reason why the feature is not inside yet) is that i do not know how to do this on a user friendly way - especcially the keyboard inputs.

Christian

Why not to put (after desktop TV) all the TV Transparent? Like it is in my ATI 8500DV AIW? (Very funny and usefull when i use it in other TV in other room when i see America's Cup with 3D Virtual Spectator transparent in the desktop and the normal TV together :D

Hi hackbart,

in the Version 1.95R5 you have an button where we can save the text as picture.

Mostly the color of background is RGB 0,0,0 ;the transparent color for this is (on my computer) RGB 16,0,16.

I think you can put in optionmenu an entry where we can input the transparent color. If i click on the button (like as the save-button) the color 0,0,0 switch to 16,0,16

cheers

Steffen