SKYSTAR 2 TV/DVB - SETUP

G3LMO

Hi guys......HELP

Have looked through FAQ's but don't seem to be getting very far:

Problem #1: When ever the PCI card is installed (2nd slot down from AGP slot) it blocks my other programs that require a .WAVE input from working (I get an error message saying: WAVE INPUT DEVICE NOT READY. Error code 32

Problem 2: On launching the DVB program I get an error message: NO SOFTWARE MPEG2 DECODERS ARE FOUND. MAKE SURE THAT YOU INSTALLED AT LEAST THE FILTERS WHO (THAT?) CAME ALONG WITH THE INSTALLER.

Problem 3: The HELP button on the program is not highlighted (therefore unavailable???

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nev (G3LMO

Vale of Pewsey

UK

Sorry guys, should have said that the OS is WIN98 SE.

But think this must be very difficult questions, as although some 62 people have read the help message, not one seems to have any idea how to correct the problems.

Problem #1: When ever the PCI card is installed (2nd slot down from AGP slot) it blocks my other programs that require a .WAVE input from working (I get an error message saying: WAVE INPUT DEVICE NOT READY. Error code 32
Does your soundcard work in full duplex mode?? Otherwise change the output device to DirectSound.

Problem 3: The HELP button on the program is not highlighted (therefore unavailable???
That is, because you haven't installed any helpfile. (DVBViewer.chm)

For Problem 2 follow the Link above in Olivers post

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After ONE MONTH of trying, can't even get the OSD "HELP" button to highlight, never mind anything else. (What is DVBViewer.chm)?

Using here:

WIN XP PRO (Ver 2002) with SP2

AMD Athlon XP 1700+

1.47GHz 512MB RAM

PS: Thank heavens I setup a WIN XP "Restore Point" before I started hey?

Hi,

which TechniSat drivers and software are you using with your card. If it is not 4.3.0, you should download this release from the TechniSat website.

Hi......

Yep sure is.

CD that came with card direct from Germany, is marked:

TV/Recording/Data Software

Installation software (v 4.3.0)

Network Adapter Driver details (Shown under Device Manager)

B2C2.inc

PCI Slot 2 (PCI Bus 0, Device 10, Function 0

This device is working properly

Driver: B2C

Date: 04/10/2004

Ver: 4.3.0.9999

Not digitally signed

Have also checked the Network Adapter driver details in Device Manager:

TechniSat DVB=PC TV Star PCI (shown as follows)

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Skynet.sys

Is this correct please.

Other info.....................

That driver when "enabled" is affecting the speed that IE6 is connecting to the internet............appears to almost lockup the modem connection until "disabled?

Any comment please ? Possibly XP Firewall settings perhaps or what?

ALSO.........Do not appear to have a "Terrestrial" icon on the task bar........Just the Satellite (dish) icon, altho I appear to have gone through the complete "Install" procedure.

Any comments please

Regards

G3LMO

Vale of Pewsey

UK

Doesn't look like too much help forthcoming here does it?

What a pity there isn't a reasonable HELP folder/button (that actually works) following the install from the CD.

It seems that this program is not as straightforward to install as the advertising blurb makes out hey?

Surprise! Surprise!

G3LMO

Vale of Pewsey

UK