Black Screen

johnyboy88888

On a number of occasions recently I've done a scan, have found some channels I know pictures are being tx'd on but the screen is just black. The signal quality and strength are high but I cannot see or hear anything. I know in these cases that pictures are being transmitted. Is it because I don't have the correct filter or plugin ? Any suggestions welcome. While I'm here I don't suppose anyone knows of an RAS decoder plugin for DVBViewer. I suspect one doesn't exist but I'll ask nonetheless.

OK. Here are the files (the ini and log). I have a Skystar 2 card and the following filters: Video Renderer, 001, Moonlight Odio Decoder, Moonlight Elecard MPEG2 Decoder, Marfi's Sky.

There are some channels with a strong signal but I get a blank screen and no audio. Others give a blank screen too but I know are being RAS encrypted and it would be nice to be able to decrypt these but I believe thats out of the question. Otherwise most of the channels are fine but it would be good if I could find out why I cannot get the blank screen ones. Thanks for any help.

Setup.ini

DVBViewer.log

Guest Lars_MQ
26/08/2005 13:24:16 EAccessViolation raised by instance frmMain of class TfrmMain at 05412F8C:Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 05412F8C in Modul 'NeAudio.ax'. Lesen von Adresse 00000004

There you have your problem. The nero audio filter is well known for being really problematic. just deregister it.

Thanks Lars. D'you think an audio filter issue could also create a problem with the video ? Will this affect the use of Nero ? Thanks for your help. Life is a learning process !!

Just tried it and it didn't appear to make any difference even after restarting my computer.

Edited by johnyboy88888

I take it no-one has an answer then, not even the coders of the app. Somewhat disappointing......

Marfi's Sky.
The new DVBViewer dont use this.

Update to the newst one and you will get support.

NO SUPPORT FOR OUTDATED VERSION V2.2 RC1

and btw you dont give us the in this thread written informations ! mpgdecoderlog ?

I updated to the new version and I got no pictures at all, so I decided to go back to 2.2. I've no idea why I didn't get any pictures with version 3 but I did notice that under the 'Option/Enhanced' tab in the 2.2 version, there was the opportunity to change Source Filter which there doesnt seem to be in vers 3. Is this a good thing ? I don't know but I do know that with vers 3 I cant decode the pictures I normally see which are mostly 422.

I think I probably need to look for some other software, unless you can suggest a way round my problem...

Thanks Klausig.I've attached the MPEGDecoder file. This situation has only recently arisen. Most of the channels I'm watching have been visible. The people transmitting are now 'doing something' new to their output (not encrypting) and I'm not certain what it is. It seems to me that I need a new type of decoder to decode the images. I know some others are able to see these images but I believe they have a more sophisticated satellite receiver such as the Tandberg. I'm not talking here about the RAS encrypted channels which I've now given up on unless someone has a RAS plugin for DVBViewer.

Anyway, I'm plugging on looking for a solution to my problem. Any help appreciated.

MPEGDecoder.txt

Hmmm Ligos decoder are known as Troublemaker.

Most of the channels I'm watching have been visible
Does this mean you can watch some channels and on other channels you only have audio?

Could you explain this a little bit more?

Which channels you can watch and which not and please post Videopid from this channels which you cant watch.

And we need setup.xml from new version and DVBViewer.log from new version. we need this information.

The problem is the channel frequencies change each day on this satellite. Most are fine and I can decode both video and audio. A few are encrypted and come up red on Transedit, so I know they are encrypted.Probably with RAS encryption. However a couple appear to be unencrypted but I still cannot decode video nor audio. The signal strength is strong, the icon in the taskbar is green but the screen is black and there is no audio.

do you have an example for suche a channel? And which satellite you are talking about? Frequenz changes every day *crazy*

Thanks Klausig. It's 20W. And at the moment for instance I am unable to see or hear 11145 H 4224 7/8 . I can see other channels but I know there is a strong signal here but the screen is black. These feed frequencies change each day.

hmmm maybe this are not MPEG Streams? Maybe some Troansponder for reciver updates or something else? You are shure there are TV stations?

I'm 99% certain that they are TV channels and I'm assuming they're MPEG streams. If they are TV channels is there any other type of stream they could be other than MPEG ?

Thanks for your help in this Klausing. Its important to me to find a solution to this.

Klausing. I've tried recording but eventhough it says 'Recording' in DVBViewer it only comes up as a 1KB file, so obviously hasn't recorded anything.

Do you think the stream could be something other than MPEG ? What are the alternatives other than data, which I know its not ?

There are three frequencies I know have TV channels today and I cannot see any of them:

11127, 11133 and 11155. All 4224 and 7/8.

A friend has told me something about 'tunneling', where the MPEG stream has another encoded stream wrapped around it, in a similar way to the way CANAL are sending some of their streams. D'you know anything about this ? If so, d'you anyone who is willing to work on this with me to crack the system ?

Edited by johnyboy88888
comes up as a 1KB file
hmmm, normaly it should record if you recive something unessential which decoder you are using or if a graph is running or not.

It looks like there is nothing to recive :rolleyes:

A friend has told me something about 'tunneling', where the MPEG stream has another encoded stream wrapped around it
Please ask your friend which station should be there. Maybe with tunneling he mean encrypted !?
who is willing to work on this with me to crack the system
This is not allowed to discuss here in this board and forbidden here in Germany!