4:3 video on 16:9 display

crear

hello folks!

first of all i have 2 say: im very, very happy with ur software!!! thank u very much!

but theres a little problem, which makes me little confused with time. as u can read in my topic title im using a widescreen display. and theres the problem i have. i thought it would be the best 2 use a zoom effekt. so i switched the aspect ratio 2 16:9 okay... ummm... nice. but i really don't like those faces on tv gettin fat ;)

so i played around a little bit and found out that i can strech up the picture in height a little bit. i did so, while watching a 16:9 show with black bars in 4:3. fine the picture was perfect. BUT and heres the problem. DVBViewer dont remembers the 16:9 aspect ratio. after starting up the sw the next time aspect ratio is set 2 auto. ;) shit! what happened?

and theres another problem: when watching real 16:9 shows the sw streches them up 2 4:3 ratio! okay im able 2 turn off streching. but i dont like 2 get up from couch for doing so!

aaand <_< i think its not so good that the osd gets streched too! first because it dont looks very nice, and second because u have problems 2 navigate things positioned on top or bottom.

hopefully someone can help! thanks for all answers!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm not sure if I understood your problem correctly, but it really seems to be the same I had. My problem was that I was using "normal" resolution (1024x768) with my widescreen tv. When using this kind of resolution you need to strech the screen if the ratio changes. Switch your pc to use widescreen resolution and the picture will show correctly. After this the auto aspect ratio works fine.