TVedia 3.4

Problem:

Select BDA device at options/directx

Apply

Select channelist/channel scan

Select Terrestrial (EUR) - I am in the UK

Scan

Result: No channels found

If I use WinTV2000 to scan, it finds all available channels.

I would really like to use DVBViewer with this device, because the Hauppauge software isn't all that good.

I can confirm this (empty channel list behaviour), I've tried dvbviever 3.2.3.899 with my pinnacle 400e.

Pinnacle 400e (DVB-S USB2.0) with latest BDA drivers

If I scan for channels it found nothing and if I try viewing a channel from installed channel list I don't get a picture nor audio but dvbviever shows me partially the correct audio/video stats in the stats bar (video: aspect ratio, resolution .. audio: samplerate, bitrate .. but no epg data (time))

I think this could be a dvbviever <-> DBA problem.

I would really appreciate it to see DVBViewer working with any BDA-compatible card.

The original pinnacle software suxx (slow starting ~5 min on a 3GHz rated PC, installs M$ SQL Server, ...)

Ah well and the card is working properly: I can find channels in MediaPortal (but this software is too much overloaded for my needs.

Still DVBViewer is the best digital tv viewing software out there

Hmm, the DVBViewer does not really uses such a weird microsoft graph thing for bda.

If you start graphedit while the DVBViewer is running and you connect the remote graph, you should see such a thing:

Network provider -> receiver filter (-> tuner filter) -> BDA Dumper.

If this is so, it might be a problem in the BDA driver itself. Even if it should working, there are often some silly smaller problems with the BDA compatibility..

I personally tested it with KNC1, Technotrend Nova and USB Devices, Cinergy 1200-S, Twinhan USB.

Christian

PS: Use the latest release and not older versions which did not offered BDA support !

I am also using a hauppauge Nova-T usb2 based in the UK, and I am also having problems with the tuning. After first installing the software and performing a scan I got 14 channels, but when I scaned again and every time since I get nothing! Could it be that the length of time the scan stays on each channel is too short and not giving the hardware time to tune itself in fully before moving to the next frequency?

I am also using a hauppauge Nova-T usb2 based in the UK, and I am also having problems with the tuning.  After first installing the software and performing a scan I got 14 channels, but when I scaned again and every time since I get nothing!  Could it be that the length of time the scan stays on each channel is too short and not giving the hardware time to tune itself in fully before moving to the next frequency?

I have noticed that 3.2.3 version does not find all channels at first scan (BDA Drivers/ Nova T PCI cards). I had to give manually the frequencies of finnish mux B and C and let it scan twice or even three times until it found the channels. This has never happened with beta versions of BDA versions. But for some reason it found mux A without problems. Can you scan one of your muxes so that you give its frequency to Start Frequency and End Frequency and scan some times?

Edited by SF100

Thanks for the idea but unfortunatley no joy :) During one of the many scans I tried, it seem to do something (the PAT and PMT boxes changed colour) but still failed to find any channels. I've downloaded transedit and copied it to the transponder directory but when I try to scan for channels with it, I get: Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0047CF02 in Modul 'TransEdit.exe' Lesen von Adresse 00000000. could this be something to do with it?

Uhm i'm a bit confused Transedit is not the DVBViewer. The latest official version only supporty Flexcop based chipsets.

Christian

The reason I tried Transedit was I read the following:

'Furthermore, TransEdit provides a convenient way to scan single transponders, just by double-clicking them (I was a bit tired of entering the frequencies in the DVBViewer's channellist window again and again...)

- View the found channels: TransEdit contains a *very* simple viewer for viewing the found channels (or listening to them). Yes, you can watch TV with that prog! Cannot be compared with the DVBViewer, of course...

- Sort and filter the found channels in different ways: Just have a try...

- Export the found channels: A selection or all of them, right away to the DVBViewer's Channels.dat file, or as an INI file.'

And I was hoping it would find the channels so I could import them into DVBViewer.

Actually i'm on it. I made some workaround for cards like nova and knc1. They tune now 10x faster, but there is still a problem with the avermedia tv devices. I honestly have no idea why tuningspaces are not working.

Christian

PS: After i fixed this i will also create a transedit version for other cards.