Skystar 1 CI & CAM Interface Problem

The One

First of all I pay a monthly subscription to my Pay TV satellite provider and am trying to use the same smart card to watch through my DVBveiwer. When I use the OEM player software from Technisat it works fine. However when I use the DVBViewer I can access my firmware (through the show CAM setting) but it will not access my card settings (eg. NDS serial) Thus not allowing me to watch my pay TV programs.

I have the latest player 3.2.3.899 and DVB device in Direct X is VisionDTV 1 (DVB-S CI)

Am I doing something wrong? Is the player not fully compatible?

Edited by The One

Sorry Guys here is the rest of the info hope you can help:

Hardware:

AMD 3200 64

2x 300GB SATA

512 400RAM

ATI 9800 Pro

Dragon CAM 3.21 Firmware

Smartcard

Sony DVDRW

SkyStar 1 CI

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum ED

Nvidia nforce 3 Ultra Chipset

Software

Windows XP Pro SP2

DVBveiwer 3.2.3.899

Direct X is VisionDTV 1 (DVB-S CI)

Filters: Direct Sound Device, Video Renderer, cyberlink Audio Decoder, cyberlink DTV Video Decoder, DVB source

Technisat Driver Version: 2.421

DVBViewer.log not available (Player standard setup - Pick device and filters thats it)

Problem:

Not able to view any scrambled channels with my pay TV smart card.

Not able to access smart card to update nds serial (could be related) (to do pairing)

I am able to access the Cam Firmware but not the Smartcard info. On the other hand with the technisat player I can access everything and watch my scrambled channels.

Please help thanks

(If there is any more info needed please let me know thanks

Setup.xml

MPEGDecoder.txt

Edited by The One

Filters: Direct Sound Device, Video Renderer, cyberlink Audio Decoder, cyberlink DTV Video Decoder, DVB source

Hmm....Try using drivers these drivers from Twinhan: ( http://www.twinhan.com/files/driver/All%20...DTV%202.606.zip ), their latest version for Vision DTV-CI (that's your card - a genuine twinhan clone from technisat... :) )

I think DVBViewer works well only with the latest (v2.606) drivers from Twinhan....

Edited by deliol

Hmm....Try using drivers these drivers from Twinhan: ( http://www.twinhan.com/files/driver/All%20...DTV%202.606.zip ), their latest version for Vision DTV-CI (that's your card - a genuine twinhan clone from technisat... :) )

I think DVBViewer works well only with the latest (v2.606) drivers from Twinhan....

Thanks for the reply will try it and see how it goes.

Hmm....Try using drivers these drivers from Twinhan: ( http://www.twinhan.com/files/driver/All%20...DTV%202.606.zip ), their latest version for Vision DTV-CI (that's your card - a genuine twinhan clone from technisat... ;) )

Tried it with no joy ;) ........maybe in the next player release the powers that be will repair it?

Is it a bug?

Hmm....Try using drivers these drivers from Twinhan: ( http://www.twinhan.com/files/driver/All%20...DTV%202.606.zip ), their latest version for Vision DTV-CI (that's your card - a genuine twinhan clone from technisat... ;) )

Tried it with no joy ;) ........maybe in the next player release the powers that be will repair it?

Is it a bug?

I don't know if it's a bug, the DVBViewer developers can answer that....

However, i think that using an NDS card with a Dragon Cam is not entirely "legal", so i don´t think you'll get any support for that... ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hallo

Do u still have that problem?

I have the similar one.

I am using the fireDTV with CI and the cryptoworks module

I do not have the "Show CAM" option enabled and

I dont see any encrypted channel

On the other hand through the Mytheater it works well

regards, Peter

First of all I pay a monthly subscription to my Pay TV satellite provider and am trying to use the same smart card to watch through my DVBveiwer.  When I use the OEM player software from Technisat it works fine.  However when I use the DVBViewer I can access my firmware (through the show CAM setting) but it will not access my card settings (eg. NDS serial) Thus not allowing me to watch my pay TV programs.

I have the latest player 3.2.3.899 and DVB device in Direct X is VisionDTV 1 (DVB-S CI)

Am I doing something wrong?  Is the player not fully compatible?