whats the difference between...

casi

After pointing out your problem a bit more detailed than in your first posting, it's easier to answer...

Channel +/- refers to the channels in the channellist, station +/- to the favourite list in the menu. Maybe there's something wrong with your favourite list?

Cheers

Griga

thanks.

but this raises more questions...

where is the favorite list??? and how can i define it???

also: what's this asterisk (save channel) for? when i press it it says channel saved (or so) but where?

looks like useability in the channel list area is not intuitively obvious or i'm just a little dumb (pick one :rolleyes: )

The favourite list can be found directly in the channel menu - not very hidden...

Select an entry in the menu favourite list. The channel will be displayed and additionally be marked in the menu.

Then select another channel in the channel list window by doubleclicking it, so it is displayed.

Clicking the "star" symbol now will replace the marked entry in the menu by the displayed channel - that's how it works.

I think, the names used for it in the English language file are not clear enough - in the German language file it's more comprehensible.

Griga

thanks.

so, the favorite list are those 10 channels??? what if i have more favorites???

this channel handling seems very strange to me... how did you find out without any manual??? in help i couldn't find a description.

...if you have more favourites - well, in the full version of the DVBViewer the channel handling in the channellist is quite flexible. It's no problem to generate your own favourite list there, by creating a new root folder and sorting channels with drag & drop.

...how I found out - by trial and error! After I had enough experience I wrote a German DVBViewer manual, because I felt something like this was missing. But it hasn't been translated to English yet.

The problem is, that Christian charges only 15 Euro for the DVBViewer, which is very little money for software like this. So there isn't enough money coming in to pay a professional manual writer, and it's too much work for Christian to do all this stuff alone.

So it needs people who do it for free... I hope you will understand.

Griga