problem with playing recorded files

max9998

Which codecs should I use to watch .mpg files that I record with the DVBViewer? I have tried a couple, but only mainconcept and elecard

can display both picture and sound - but it barely works. When I try to jump to another point in the file everything gets screwed up and I have to restart the

player.

TMPgenc won't open these files at all.

PowerDVD plays them ok (but also without jumping around in file) but it screws up the DVBViewer - after running Powerdvd I have to re-register

.ax filters (DVBViewer's) or else the picture freezes after a couple of minutes.

Also, when I play recorded files in DVBViewer I cannot jump around in the file and if I use pause the movie will restart no matter what I press afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Tmpeg can't open the mpeg2 files from DVB. You have to use same other tools befor. E.g. PVA Strumento (make ps). After that I would open the mpg in VirtualDub MPEG2 AC3 (I posted the link under software) and start a frame server. That one you can open in tmpegenc.

(use FUll processing mode for audio and video in vd)

I would also use a areabased deinterlacer in VD.

Salut !

I got the Full Version today. And every think now looks as described in the manuals... :-)

BUT:

My recorded Videos are viewable in Mediaplayer 8 under WinXP which is on the same machine as my SkyStar2.

On my second PC with Win2K and MediaPlayer 7 I cannot play any file ! How does it come ?

Greets, Felix.

Hello!

Most probably you haven't installed an MPG2 encoder on your second system. There is one installed with your Skystar software, but you have only installed that on your first system. Just download the Elecard-Package and install it. Then you'll be able to watch your recordings with MP7 (and earlier).

Bye, Oliver

Search *.ax files on your system where you can looking this, copy it to the other system and register every of this files on your other system and it will work

Hello!

Be careful! There are a lot of .ax-files (not all belong to the MPG2 decoder) and he has WinXP on his first and Win2K on his second computer. Just copying every .ax-file from one to another could culminate in incompatibility. :rolleyes: It's easier to install a new package.

Bye, Oliver