Terratec Cinergy 1400 DVB-t

toratora

Hi!

I watched this software and thought it was amazing! I had to return my old card (Airstar 2) cause I didn't make it work and I'm planning to buy other. I've seen this card, which is said to have a Thomsonh Tuner and a Conexant Decoder. Do you think it will work with this software?

My other option is the Twinhan DTV VisionPlus. What is your advice?

From my experience, I can tell you that DVBViewer Pro works well with Terratec Cinergy T2 (requires USB 2.0), after having installed the beta BDA driver from the Terratec site.

I bought it recently cause I want to add BDA support to DVBViewer GE.

Some people in the German forum reported that DVBV Pro & Cinergy 1400 DVB-T work, but not really well (e.g. jerky picture), others say it doesn't. Seems there are still issues to solve.

Strange... here it simply works.

Did you already try different settings under Options -> DirectX? Current Device should be Cinergy T2 Tuner/Demodulator. There is a Settings Button, that opens a BDA Config window, where you can choose tuning without/with tuning space, plus a drop-down list for selecting different tuning spaces.

Furthermore, you can open the property page of the Network Provider Filter (that does the basic BDA administration) by clicking "Provider". On the DVBT Tune Request Tab the currently tuned carrier frequency should show up. Does it change when tuning a different channel?

Additionally, launch the Cinergy Digital 2 app -> Settings -> About. What is the Device ID and driver version?

Thanks for the reply!

Can you tell me anything about this card of the Twinhan one? I mean, does the software that the package includes work well? (in terms of recording and timeshifting)

Thanks

Strange... here it simply works.

Did you already try different settings under Options -> DirectX? Current Device should be Cinergy T2 Tuner/Demodulator. There is a Settings Button, that opens a BDA Config window, where you can choose tuning without/with tuning space, plus a drop-down list for selecting different tuning spaces.

Furthermore, you can open the property page of the Network Provider Filter (that does the basic BDA administration) by clicking "Provider". On the DVBT Tune Request Tab the currently tuned carrier frequency should show up. Does it change when tuning a different channel?

Additionally, launch the Cinergy Digital 2 app -> Settings -> About. What is the Device ID and driver version?

Hi...

...I already tried every possible combination of tuningspaces in that configuration dialog. The strange thing is, it only works partly if I choose Terrestrial as card-type and "DVB-S" for the Tuning Space. I can not open the "Provider" screen... nothing happens when I click the button.

The following information is from the Cinergy app info screen:

Hardware: Cinergy T² (BDA)

Device ID: Vendor: 0x0CCD Product: 0x0038

Firmware-Version: ---

Treiber-Version 2.01.00.17 (TTCinergyT2Bda.sys)

This driver version (or at least the number) differs from the one shown in Device-Manager. I installed the latest BDA (beta) driver (2.1.0.18) from the Terratec site. I also did a fresh install of the driver and removed all Terratec related files from the windows dirs manualy prior to installing it.

I also upgraded the firmware of the T2 to 1.08.

Other BDA enabled programms do work well.

Any help would be great!

Hardware: Cinergy T² (BDA)

Device ID: Vendor: 0x0CCD Product: 0x0038

Firmware-Version: ---

Treiber-Version 2.01.00.17 (TTCinergyT2Bda.sys)

Same here.

it only works partly if I choose Terrestrial as card-type and "DVB-S" for the Tuning Space.

Maybe that's the point. Maybe DVB-T and DVB-S get mixed up in an unhealthy way. I have no DVB-S tuning space in the list. Is there an additional DVB-S BDA hardware connected to your PC?

No matter what I select - it always works:

Zwischenablage01.png

Hi Griga...

...to answer your question: no I dont have any additional DVB or BDA devices connected or even installed. The "DVB-S" entry in the tuningspace list appeared after I registered the "tuningspaces.reg" from the DVBViewer directory. I do not have that "DVB-T" entry which is also part of the .reg file.

I also have that "ASDVRDVBSTSCSCS2" entry that seems to be installed with the Cinergy TV App.

Perhaps its realy true and there are different revisions of the T2 out, but Iam still confident this problem can be solved since other BDA enabled apps (like ProgDVB, GB-PVR) work without any problems for me.

Cheers

maxx

Strange - after registering tuningspaces.reg I got two DVB-T tuning spaces and one DVB-C - even with that one it worked :) - but no DVB-S.

How did you manage to scan the DVB-T channels? If the channels are not tuned correctly, scanning doesn't work either, I suppose.

Do you know GraphEdit? Would be interesting to have a look at the BDA DirectShow filters that DVBViewer Pro uses.

Hi...

...scanning works works and completes quite normal I think... but it only finds the channels of the frequency I last tuned to with another software. E.g. if I watch ARD with the Cinergy-App, close it and open DVBViewer I can find all the channels from this bouquet (ard, arte, and so on). But these channels are found for all frequencies that are scanned (see screenshots).

I dont realy know how to use GraphEdit, but I downloaded it and connected to the running filters of DVBViewer. I also made some screenshots of the 2 running filters.

cheers

maxx

post-16033-1130068214_thumb.png

post-16033-1130068221_thumb.png

post-16033-1130068230_thumb.png

post-16033-1130068240_thumb.png

There is a DVB-S Network Provider in the graph, which is definitely not correct. Should be a DVB-T Provider. Are you sure that the scanned channels are listed as DVB-T in your channel list? How does the Edit Tab of those channels look like?

When DVBViewer Pro builds the graph, it inserts the appropriate Provider according to a TunerType parameter. Obviously the wrong one in your case.

The TunerType is derived from a list of BDA hardware devices that is created on startup, by inserting all available Network Providers and Tuner Filters into a temporary graph and trying to connect them. If a connection succeeds, the Tuner Filter is registered as device, and the TunerType is determined by checking to which Provider it connects.

Usually a DVB-S Provider won't connect to a DVB-T Tuner - at least I can't do it manually in GraphEdit. Check it. Launch GraphEdit, go to Graph -> Insert Filters, pick a Network Provider and the Cinergy Receiver Component out of the list and try to connect the pins manually (by dragging the mouse from pin to pin).

Play a bit with it. After having connected the Provider and Tuner, you may render the Tuner's output pin (right-click it) to let DirectShow build a complete BDA graph. After that, you can open the property page of the Provider (right-click it) and enter a tune request (mainly the frequency is required for DVB-T, and the SID if you want a specific channel). Click submit and finally GraphEdit's play button. That's how I managed to play TV in GraphEdit.

Maybe in this way you can find out what causes the trouble.

Furthermore, how does the content of your Hardware.xml file look like? First check the file UserMode.ini in the DVBViewer directory, and examine the Hardware.xml (e.g. by opening it with NotePad) in the directory according to the UserMode value:

0: in the DVBViewer directory

1: in Documents and Settings\Username\Appdata\DVBViewer Pro

2: in Documents and Settings\AllUsers\Appdata\DVBViewer Pro

Post the content here. My hardware.xml contains:

<section name="Cinergy T2 Tuner/Demodulator">
   <entry name="TuningSpace">true</entry>
   <entry name="TunerType">2</entry>
   <entry name="TuningName">ASDVRDVBTTSCSCS2</entry>
 </section>

TunerType 2 is DVB-T, 1 is DVB-S.

Hello

Not to be rude or anything but I started this topic to ask help about deciding this Cinergy 1400 and the twinhan card. I know everyone has problems but I wouldn't mind if those problems about other Cinergy cards were discussed on other thread, or asking a moderator to change the topic title so that I can open a new one about my doubts.

Thanks! :)

Both devices - Terratec Cinergy and Twinhan - are supported by DVBViewer Pro. Be sure if someone could tell you which works better he'd already done it. You expect a simple answer but there isn't.

Nobody knows how your system is configured and what kind of pitfalls are waiting there. Usually I'd recommend AirStar since it is the "native" DVBViewer Pro hardware. Programmers, testers and supporters had a lot of opportunity to gain experience with it. So one might assume it works best. But it didn't on your PC, did it? Toss a coin...

As you can see from this thread: Here things work, there they don't. The issues that are discussed here may be your future problems - no matter which device you buy - so take this as an answer: Work is in progress.

Thanks for your answer. It was not simple, but you can bet it was crystal clear :D

I just posted in case there is a clear winner (in case one of the cards was obviously worse than the other), but since it seems there isn't I'll research a bit more and just decide.

In case anyone knows something I should know (bad support or anything else) please post it here :)

Thanks!

As i supposed, the most problems are caused by my card type detection routine. Some BDA Drivers are quite lousy. For example the one i have from KNC1. It does not connect the BDA Tuner Filter with the Networkprovider. Which caused problems with my tuner type detection. Anyhow it works now like charm, since i rewritten the most parts of by BDA routines.

I guess a new update will be released in the next days.

Christian

As i supposed, the most problems are caused by my card type detection routine. Some BDA Drivers are quite lousy. For example the one i have from KNC1. It does not connect the BDA Tuner Filter with the Networkprovider. Which caused problems with my tuner type detection. Anyhow it works now like charm, since i rewritten the most parts of by BDA routines.

I guess a new update will be released in the next days.

Christian

Hi hackbart...

sounds great. I cant wait to use all the beauty of DVBViewer.

cheers

maxx

[ P.S.: I would also appreciate taking part in a beta test :D ]

Edited by maxx2097

I also have the Cinergy 1400 DVB-T and I'm using DVBViewer Pro V3.2.4.

Since version 3.2.4 I get a smooth picture without any jumping or freezing etc., also I can record without losing GOPs.

So for me, V3.2.4 works really good with the 1400 DVB-T as far as TV viewing is concerned.

However, there are a few things that are not perfect yet with the 1400 DVB-T. For example, the signal strength and quality is not displayed, and the menus, EPG, etc. freeze for a short time (maybe half a second) every couple seconds, so I can't scroll through the EPG smoothly, and I sometimes have to wait until I can select a menu item. A friend of mine with a SkyStar has no problems of this kind, so it's not a general DVBViewer issue, but a DVBViewer issue related to the BDA drivers of the 1400 DVB-T.

Piepmatz

Edited by Piepmatz

Thanks for the info. I tried it, but no change. Anyways, I finally figured it out what caused the lag.

It's the non-working signal strength indication in the status bar. If I click on it to change it to time indication, the lag goes away. If I let it display signal strength (which isn't working), it lags.

I did not found any bda card which displays a real signal strength. If you wonder what i use: it is the function provided by Microsoft:

I see. So it's the MS function that doesn't work properly.

You said "real" signal strength. . .does that mean programs like MyTheatre and Cinergy Digital II display a fake signal strength ? They showed different percentages for signal strength, so I guess it's not real then, hence unusuable ?

What about the signal quality ? I haven't seen a signal quality indication in DVBViewer. Even though signal strength function doesn't work .. maybe signal quality will.

Edited by Piepmatz
So it's the MS function that doesn't work properly.

I don't think so. What Christian wrote is misleading.

The MS function is just a wrapper for a driver function. If displaying the signal strength doesn't work, the communication between the driver that has to fill this function with something and the application via the MS interface fails for some reason. Maybe the driver simply doesn't provide it.

There are three parties involved in this game. Of course, each of them has a tendency to point at the others, saying "They are doing bullshit", in order to get rid of the responsibility. We know this... :D

I finally bought the Cinergy card, and it's giving me problems. Using the cvinergy saoftware I get bad signal in one transponder, but with mytheater or dvbprog the signal is ok. Is there a test version of DVBViewer that works with the cinergy card (I'd like to know if it works ok prior to getting it)

Thanks!

Is there a test version of DVBViewer that works with the cinergy card

No. You may try the TransEdit MMC demo version from

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=downloads

If scanning works well, DVBViewer Pro most likely will do its job too.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried it and it gets the channels. Is it possible to see a preview? cause if I try I get nothing but a black window.

Thanks!