Newbie question on using the Delphi SDK.

I’m awaiting my first DVB-T pci card (Nova-T), so while I’m waiting I’m looking for a suitable PVR/Media Player. I noticed that DVBViewer has a Delphi SDK which got my attention. I’ve written my own MP3 player with Delphi, so having the possibility to tweak a PVR to my own ends (using Delphi) appeals greatly. I downloaded the SDK and it seems to offer a lot of functionality. I guess there is more documentation in the user area of the site. But for now, I’m wondering how radical a change I can make using the SDK? E.g. Would it be possible to extend the DVBViewer via the SDK so that it can record one stream to disc, whilst simultaneously displaying on screen a different stream from the same mux? I’m trying not to get too excited by the possibilities here :P

I'm using Delphi 6 Professional, which I hope is compatible.

Cheers.

Edited by smilingcrow
Guest Lars_MQ
Would it be possible to extend the DVBViewer via the SDK so that it can record one stream to disc, whilst simultaneously displaying on screen a different stream from the same mux? I’m trying not to get too excited by the possibilities here 

Why would you want to programm something like that?

The DVBViewer can record simutan several channels on a mux and display others or play dvd or avi or or or :P

But to answer your question: yes you can do it. Griga does it with his Videorecorder plugin (an a lot of more things :bye: ).

Why would you want to programm something like that?

The DVBViewer can record simutan several channels on a mux and display others or play dvd or avi or or or :P

But to answer your question: yes you can do it. Griga does it with his Videorecorder plugin (an a lot of more things :bye: ).

Excellent news. Does this functionality works with all DVB cards, be they Terrestrial or Satellite? Is it dependent on the driver functionality for an individual card i.e. they need to be BDA compliant or such?

I suppose my next question is regarding the possibility of extending DVBViewer to work with multiple DVB-T cards simultaneously. Has that been done yet or does it seem feasible? I’m curious to see if DVBViewer can match the current standard in PVR hardware (Topfield, Humax 9200T), which simultaneously allow twin recordings from different muxes and viewing of a live stream (from either of the two muxes being recorded) or a previous recording from disc.

Are people generally making the source code available?

Can anyone conform that Delphi 6 Pro is supported by the SDK?

I’m really looking forward to the arrival of my Nova-T tomorrow and finding some time next week to do a bit of programming. Thanks for the help.

Does this functionality works with all DVB cards, be they Terrestrial or Satellite?

In general it works with all devices that are supported by DVBViewer. However, you can't expect an USB 1.1 device to provide more than one TV channel (limited bandwidth). So it depends on the hardware.

the possibility of extending DVBViewer to work with multiple DVB-T cards simultaneously.

At the moment, we are working at two or more DVBViewer instances running at the same time with different hardware. Will be possible soon, I suppose.

DVBViewer is not open source.

Can anyone conform that Delphi 6 Pro is supported by the SDK?

Yes. However, DVBViewer is developping rapidly, and parts of the SDK may be outdated. You may ask in the forum, if you need help for something specific that you want to do.

At the moment, we are working at two or more DVBViewer instances running at the same time with different hardware. Will be possible soon, I suppose.
Do you mean running a single GUI with two DVBViewer instances, or a separate GUI for each instance?

I was thinking in terms of the source code for the plugins, not the main program code.

Thanks.

separat gui for ech instance and if you like under different accounts.

For some things you can find the source code in Members area.

I was thinking in terms of the source code for the plugins,

Complete plug-in source code no (except the code provided in the members area), sample code or units covering certain aspects yes.

DVBViewer Pro provides two kind of interfaces: The "classical" plug-in interface, based on functions exported by a DLL and Windows messages, and a powerful COM interface (not yet supported by DVBViewer GE), that allows for controlling nearly all aspects of DVBViewer Pro. Many people use it for scripting, but it can be used in Delphi as well. See here.

I was thinking in terms of the source code for the plugins,

Complete plug-in source code no (except the code provided in the members area), sample code or units covering certain aspects yes.

DVBViewer Pro provides two kind of interfaces: The "classical" plug-in interface, based on functions exported by a DLL and Windows messages, and a powerful COM interface (not yet supported by DVBViewer GE), that allows for controlling nearly all aspects of DVBViewer Pro. Many people use it for scripting, but it can be used in Delphi as well. See here.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out as I hadn’t realised it was that fully featured. I’m moving next week and starting a new job, so after the dust has settled, I’ll take a look at what I can do with this little beauty.