Elecard Decoder & RAI Channels

stefanocomelli

Hi all

I know RAI Channels are quite 'strange', but they are also not compatible with Elecard MPEG decoder?

I am trying Elecard MPEG Decoder with DVBViewer: on German channels everything goes well, but when I tune into a RAI channel I get a low quality image at an absurd Aspect Ratio.

Why?

Guest hackbart

this is normal. The aspect ratio is read out of the mpeg stream. And if there is a stupid information i automatically use it. Ones i added my brand new second lnb to the dish at the roof, i will be able to figure out the problem; maybe i find some workaround..

Chritian

Ones i added my brand new second lnb to the dish at the roof, i will be able to figure out the problem; maybe i find some workaround..

Well, if you want you can get the same problem tuning into RAI 1 frm Astra, not only on HotBird.

Can you receive RAI from Astra? Or do you just suppose that it is the same problem?

The technical circumstances of broadcasts from two different satellite positions may vary a lot, even if it is the same channel.

Griga

Make the following things to test.

1. Open DVBViewer and tune to RAI

2. Close DVBViewer

3. Open grapedit

4. file -->Render URL b2c2src://VideoPID-AudioPID.mpg

Than you can see which filters DVBViewer using. It could be that you installed the elecard but hte Viewer use an other one.

I hope it helps.

cheers

Steffen

I think that Elecard decoder don't resize the video to correct aspect ratio but play the real transmitted pixels. Rai 1 is 544 x 576. And this is! To see the correct aspect ratio you must strech the original video to 720 x 576. If you use elecard filter and go to fullscreen you see corrected image.

damjang

here on my pc i can view rai on the DVBViewer. but if i render b2c2src://289-290.mpg in graphedit i get a mpg Filter named "0001" But if i look at the direct show filters i dont find this filter. which filter (file) is this? This filter can render RAI without problems. This could be the resolution of damjangs problem.

If i replace this Filter with the elecard filter (in graphedit) i cant render RAI. So i think the elecard renderer has here a problem. How can i find this filter. If anybody knows this, i could send him the graph. A right click on the filter --> filter propertys brings only the mesage: "the requested Property page could not be displayed."

how can i help damjang?

cheers

Steffen

Hi!

I don't have problems. I only explain what happen if I render the recorded file with mediaplayer and elecard filter (the only one that can play ok all recorded file/channels). The aspect ratio in DVBViewer is always correct (also if I view the recorded file with it)...

If I view the file in powerdvd also the aspect ratio is ok.

damjang

PS: I also have the 0001 filter, but now I don't remember what filter is it!

The ratio in WMP could not be correct because the elecard renderer dont ust overlay in WMP to stretch the window. If you click during playing WMP ALT+ENTER for fullscreen the ratio is ok because than he use overlay. Your DVD player always use overlay to stretch the window to the correct bigness. Thats the reason for this strange problem.

If you know a way constrain elecard to use the overlay than your problem is solved. RAI dont send in fullscreenmode. Look at the ratio on the bottom of the DVBViewer.

cheers

Steffen

Hello!

I've the same problem with RAI programs: I can see them perfectly with DVBViewer but when I record the result file has 544x576 res (for example I open it in DVD2Avi to create a project for AviSynth). Mediaset channels instead have right res (704x576). At which res should I resize Rai movies to obtain the correct aspect ratio as I see the movie in DVBViewer?

If I open the recorded movie in DVBViewer I have to activate XVR to see it in correct aspect ratio... what is this XVR?

Thanks!

When there are any problems with the aspect ratio, they are usually solved by selecting a fixed aspect ratio in the DVBViewer settings menu - 4:3 or 16:9.

Doesn't this work with those videos recorded from RAI???

Griga

If you have an software DVD-player on your system try to unregister only the elecard mpg2 filter not the other elecard files:

regsvr32 /u directory\mpgdec.ax Than the system use the filter from your software DVD player. This filters stretch the problematic ratio to normal. But its only the view-ratio and not the video-ratio.

Guest DAvenger
If I open the recorded movie in DVBViewer I have to activate XVR to see it in correct aspect ratio... what is this XVR?

XVR stands for eXtended Video Renderer ... a little 45kb cool piece of software :rolleyes::)

I guess that RAI is one of the channels which does not work with XVR at the moment ... but I can say for 85% that the aspect ration will be set correctly once few issues are fixed.

Take care,

DAvenger

Hello!

Without unregistering EleCard codec I was able to play with Intervideo decoder (i've WinDVD) and Marfi's.

But when I record DVBViewer uses EleCard codec as I see its watermark. And the res problem is made by EleCard codec as if I choose it as Video decoder the TV is shown at bad res (the same aspect my recorded movie has)

Thanks!