IRTrans Display Plugin

:bye:

You are my hero !!!

Many many thanks. I´m searching a long time for a plugin to use my LCD with DVBViewer.

Installed this tool a few minutes before and i see the programinfos :D

thanks

F451

Hi ;) Tomorrow i will provide a small update where at least one problem is fixed:

When you shutdown the computer and the IRTrans server goes down before the plugin "LCDDriver.exe" does, you will get an anoying message which tells you that the connection between the plugin and the server is broken. Shutdown will be delayed until you click on this message. This happens only, if you shutdown your computer. If you switch to standby, nothing bad happens.

I provided an update. Description and download in the first post of this thread.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. Suggestions are welcome ;)

There still is one strange behaviour which comes from the IRTrans server, not my plugin. I have to find some kind of workaround for this: the remote control of my new Samsung TV is recognized by the IRTrans receiver in a way. When i press some key(s) on this remote, it breaks the connection between the IRTrans server and my plugin. I did not configure IRTrans for using this remote, i use the MCE 2005 remote control.

Ok, you are asking for suggestions :)

(why the hell we are talking english .....)

If i close the DVBViewer, the LCD Display get black. If i had a wish, could you display the time instead of nothing ??

O.k. I will add a selection between

- default text

- clock

when you shutdown DVBViewer.

:)

But i still have the problem, that bad IR signals (bad quality) kill the connection between plugin and IR Trans server. Did you also see this? I will make a fix for this.

why the hell we are talking english

English/international section :)

Edited by SnoopyDog

Thanks a lot - works perfect :)

(I prefer english :( )

One (somewhat related) question - do you use the MCE-remote that comes with the case in DVBViewer ?

I have been trying to get it to work with the MCE-remote plugin - but it does not work with the irtrans reciever (as far as I know)

Am I missing something simple here ?

( I have the Origenae H6 case that has the same irtrans LCD and MCE remote as Zalman HD160 )

Hi Pulver!

I installed the latest software from the IRTrans homepage and then i selected "WinLIRC" in the DVBViewer configuration. This works. :bye: When you let DVBViewer learn the remote codes, the IRTrans software sends both, keyboard and IR commands at the same time and you have to delete double and triple entries in the DVBViewer configuration after you press the RC button. This is very important.

Is only the display of your case IRTrans compatible or also the remote? Normally, IRTrans is both.

From the IR Trans company, i got no support for OEM products. First, the IR trans chief executive personally called me back when i told the lady on the phone that i need support and documentation for the IR Trans software. But when i told him that i got a Zalman case then he told me that he can not give me support for this OEM product. So i asked him if he would mind that i have to do reverse engineering then, but he didn't mind :wacko:

Luckily, it was not very hard to find out how everything works. The only thing i have to find out what happens, when IRTrans gets bad quality infrared signals. The IRTrans monitor normally shows codes like 1011101011 for good signals (binary). When it receives bad signals it shows something like S207099991 (not binary) and too many bad signals kill the connection between the server and the client (in my environment).

Edited by SnoopyDog
But i still have the problem, that bad IR signals (bad quality) kill the connection between plugin and IR Trans server. Did you also see this? I will make a fix for this.

No, i never see this problem. But my remote (the one from Microsoft X-BOX HD-Player) is only 1m away from the IR-Receiver :-)

thanks

F451

Hi Pulver!

I installed the latest software from the IRTrans homepage and then i selected "WinLIRC" in the DVBViewer configuration. This works. :bye:

Thanks for the tip!

Works great :wacko:

In combination with your LCD software, DVBViewer now works perfect as a complete HTPC-software :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

wooo this is an incredible amount of effort thank you for sharing. This is going in within the next 5 mins. Glad i checked for DVBViewer update :)

If it proves impossible to software filter the false codes...

I'm a hardware guy and maybe the answer to the false code detect could be a little inline trap to filter out the S prefix codes, thinking a basic pic as serial pass device, this would be super easy to do...

1. one pin as input (serial stream in)

2. firmware to catch S prefix and dump it & pass good codes

3 one pin to output (serial stream out)

the power supplies can be taken from the PC or the IR board

• 3 weeks later...

Small update. Suggestions/comments are welcome :bye:

• 4 weeks later...

Another update: When the connection was destroyed because of bad IR signals and reinitialize done because of this circumstance, the "graphic" symbols may not displayed anymore in some cases. I fixed this. Like always: comments and suggestions are welcome :bounce:

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for this nice extension.

Unfortunately it seems there is still a problem:

Watching TV things seems to work. But when I switch to a radio channel, after a while DVBViewer doesn't accept any remote commands. The IRTrans symbol in the tray seems to get a lot of fuzzy commands, lcddriver does not react anymore and must be closed with the task manager.

The problem seems to be related to the radiotext (try channel SWR3), which changes all few seconds.

Deactivating LCDDriver resolves the issue, of course no vfd then ;)

Regards

Arno

Hi Boseg!

Thank you for your feedback.

Which version of the IRTrans Software are you using?

I never saw this behaviour here. I also hear a lot of radio (currently 1live since 5 hours with radio text changing like hell) but no problem. I will check the code if there is something different with radio text (maybe, i forgot a "lock" / "unlock" somewhere). Regardless if the software receives new radio text or scrolls a text which is too long - it always does the same: it collects everything in a buffer and then sends the buffer over a socket connection (Port 21000) to the IRTrans server.

Do you use the setting "IRTrans native" or "Frontview DLL"?

Edited by SnoopyDog

Hi Snoopy,

IRTrans Version is 1.4.0.3 and I'm using IRTrans native.

It definitely only happens when I switch to a radio channel. Tried with different TV channels running for hours->no problem

Few minutes SWR3 (best radio channel in germany :D ) ->fuzzy :bye:

Regards

Arno

Hi Arno! :D

As i wrote above, i forgot to put the RDS output into a "Lock" - "Unlock" sequence. I hope this is what solves your problem, cause i use the same IRTrans software version like you and i never had problems. I will test everything (tomorrow) and provide an update.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi SnoopyDog!

Thanks for yout Great Plugin , I love it :shifty:

I use a Dign HV5 Case with Irtrans Software (From Installation CD)

All works fine but i get a Problem when i want use the HTTP Server from DVBViewer with LCDDriver together.

The Display is hanging over and without reboot nothing can be displayed.

For Testing:

Use DVBViewer (any version) with HTTP (newstes) Server and LCDDriver.

Start DVBV , zap from channel to channel !

Than close DVBV ...

You will see than what i mean :)

Hi :shifty: I already recognized, that the newest IRTrans software (2.1.2008) has some bugs. E.g. it does not initialize the hardware after a reboot, you have to do this manually with the "IRTrans GUI Client". So i switched back to the latest good IRTrans software from October 2007.

But i never had problems with closing and restarting DVBViewer. I have a menu entry that closes DVBViewer and opens PowerDVD and after restarting DVBViewer, the display works normal. I use this very frequent.

Edited by SnoopyDog

Hi !

Have you checked that with the HTTP Server in the taskbar too?

I tested that 4h before i post this Reply , without the HTTP Server all works fine!

but with , LCDDriver didn´t change to Clock after i switched DVBV off and hang over!

You can only kill the process and run LCDDriver again.....

I think there is a problem with the HTTP Server (Webserver Control 1.2 ) that makes lots of problems with your Plugin :shifty:

I need the Webinterface , the reason "can´t use the plugin ;//"

Maybe you can check that with http server again ? (But please , you must activate the Webserver ;> )

Edited by unreality

O.k. i will check this with the web server.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! :bounce: Unfortunately, i had some stress at my regular job (i'm a software developer and i have to visit customers at well). And now i had an operation at my shoulder last monday. I'll be back home next wednesday, i can check it then. Sorry for the delay.

• 1 month later...

Update: Changed Plugin to DLL. Please copy the file "IRTransLCD.dll" to the regular DVBViewer "Plugins" directory and delete the old version "LCDDriver.exe". Don't forget to remove the old program from any startup scripts on your system.

Found no interferences with the HTTPserver so far but i will continue testing.

Edited by SnoopyDog
  • 1 month later...

Hallo SnoopyDog ,

first of all I`d like to say thankyou for this plugin.

It is working perfect with my IRtrans-software comming

with a origen S14V case.

One question, is it possibble in any way to get a kind

of "REC-indikation" on the display when DVDViewer is recording ?

My regards

dcologne

Hi dcologne!

Unfortunately, IRTrans has a text oriented display and only a very limited number of "graphical" symbols. I couldn't find a special symbol for "Record" but there should be an "R" visible in the display, while DVBViewer is recording.

O.K. i just checked it. It does not work anymore. But i don't know when i can provide an update.

Hallo SnoopyDog,

an "R" or an "*" would be fine maybe in the Top right corner.

I am looking forward to an update, take your time.

Thanks a lot and my regards

dcologne

• 1 year later...

Also ich habe ernste Probleme mit dem Plugin.

Von Zeit zu Zeit stürt es einfach ab, mit der meldung Zugriffsverletzung in irgendeiner Speicheradresse.

Und seit DVBViewer 4.1.1 in Verbindung mit dem Recording Service bringe ich den DVBViewer kaum noch zum laufen (Bild friert sofort nach dem start des viewers ein, ich kann noch 3-4 mal umschalten, dann hängt sich der viewer komplett auf). Da das irtrans plugin das einzige ist welches ich benutze, muss es wohl daran liegen, denn im safe mode funktioniert alles wunderbar.

Also falls du keine Lust/Zeit mehr hast das Plugin weiterzuentwickeln würde ich mich freuen wenn du den sourcecode veröffentlichen würdest.

Evtl kan ich da ja was machen, auch wenn ich aus dem Java bereich komme und sonst keine Sprachen kann, so kompliziert wirds hoffentlich nicht sein :bye:.

Ich hoffe das du noch aktiv hier unterwegs bist.

mfg Vino

Also ich habe ernste Probleme mit dem Plugin.

Von Zeit zu Zeit stürt es einfach ab, mit der meldung Zugriffsverletzung in irgendeiner Speicheradresse.

Und seit DVBViewer 4.1.1 in Verbindung mit dem Recording Service bringe ich den DVBViewer kaum noch zum laufen (Bild friert sofort nach dem start des viewers ein, ich kann noch 3-4 mal umschalten, dann hängt sich der viewer komplett auf). Da das irtrans plugin das einzige ist welches ich benutze, muss es wohl daran liegen, denn im safe mode funktioniert alles wunderbar.

Also falls du keine Lust/Zeit mehr hast das Plugin weiterzuentwickeln würde ich mich freuen wenn du den sourcecode veröffentlichen würdest.

Evtl kan ich da ja was machen, auch wenn ich aus dem Java bereich komme und sonst keine Sprachen kann, so kompliziert wirds hoffentlich nicht sein :bye:.

Ich hoffe das du noch aktiv hier unterwegs bist.

mfg Vino

Sorry for postinig in German.

The Plugin crashs sometimes, and since DVBViewer 4.11 with recording service i get it hardly working.

pictures freezes and then DVBViewer crashs completely.....

If you arent anymore interested in developing the plugin, it would be nice to provide the sourcecode.

regards vino

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem as Vino. Sometimes my DVBViewer crashes with access violation in IRTransLCD.dll.

Only killing DVBViewer adn restarting helps. I had the problem with Version 4.0 and now with 4.1.1.1 too.

I cannot reproduce the failure. It comes sporadically. I use the OrigenAE S10V case with integrated IRTRans.

regards

MrTDI