HVR 4000 and dvbviewer

ardua97

excuse me for my english

Hello I have a HTPC with Windows vista Home Premium

and i have a hauppauge HVR 4000

Initially I'm not able to make work the double LNB (Hotbird-Astra)

so i try toio buy a used skystar 2 and it work with the double LNB ( in the same time i changed also the Double LNB)

and i use DVBViewer to see tv , i use the hauppauge for the DVB-T channel and the Skystar 2 for the DVB-S channel

but with the skystar i have a problem , when i restart after standby (s3) the pc the DVB-S channel do not work , so i try to connect the dish to hauppauge

and the standby problem is solved

but in this configuration (dvb-t connect to hauppauge , dvb-s connect to hauppauge) i have a new problem

in DVBViewer i hame my favorite list with dvb-s and dvb-t channel mixed in a single list when i start DVBViewer it bagin with a dvb-t channel and it work correctly so i change channel , when i arrive to a dvb-s channel i have to wait some time but the the dvb-s channel work correctly but after that the dvb-t channel do not work any more

after a dvb-s channel is sintonized the dvb-t channel do not work

have you some suggestion to me

excuse me for my english

Hello I have a HTPC with Windows vista Home Premium

and i have a hauppauge HVR 4000

Initially I'm not able to make work the double LNB (Hotbird-Astra)

so i try toio buy a used skystar 2 and it work with the double LNB ( in the same time i changed also the Double LNB)

and i use DVBViewer to see tv , i use the hauppauge for the DVB-T channel and the Skystar 2 for the DVB-S channel

but with the skystar i have a problem , when i restart after standby (s3) the pc the DVB-S channel do not work , so i try to connect the dish to hauppauge

and the standby problem is solved

but in this configuration (dvb-t connect to hauppauge , dvb-s connect to hauppauge) i have a new problem

in DVBViewer i hame my favorite list with dvb-s and dvb-t channel mixed in a single list when i start DVBViewer it bagin with a dvb-t channel and it work correctly so i change channel , when i arrive to a dvb-s channel i have to wait some time but the the dvb-s channel work correctly but after that the dvb-t channel do not work any more

after a dvb-s channel is sintonized the dvb-t channel do not work

have you some suggestion to me

Hello ardua,

For the first problem you have to go to device manager, find properties for the ss2 - in network adapters - then energy administration and untick the feature to stop the device in order to save energy.

And for the second, go to DVBViewer settings>options>hardware and tick "stop stream while tunning" on both Terrestrial and Satellite.

Cheers from sunny Spain

Edited by mabruk
Hello ardua,

For the first problem you have to go to device manager, find properties for the ss2 - in network adapters - then energy administration and untick the feature to stop the device in order to save energy.

And for the second, go to DVBViewer settings>options>hardware and tick "stop stream while tunning" on both Terrestrial and Satellite.

Cheers from sunny Spain

thank you very very very very very very very very much

the solutions worked both correctly

i think that i'll continue to use the Hauppauge for DVB-T and Skystar 2 for DVB-S

because connecting the dish to hauppauge (and so using only hauppauge for dvb-s and dv-t)

channging channel trom dvb-t to dvb-s is very slower

but the solution are very very very very usefull

thanks so much