Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bccrew

Best tool to cut or trim avc mpeg4 TS files

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recorded some HDTV in a ts file and I would like to convert it to avi.

But I need to cut out the commercials first.

i tried H264cutter and TS splitter but those tools crash or cannot cut by timeframe

Any other advice?

Try TSPE (Transport Stream Packet Editor) or VideoReDO, both have frame accurate editing and, I believe both will support mpeg4 TS files.

Hello,

I recorded some HDTV in a ts file and I would like to convert it to avi.

But I need to cut out the commercials first.

i tried H264cutter and TS splitter but those tools crash or cannot cut by timeframe

Any other advice?

Transport Stream Packet Editor is excellent,but its expensive at £30 and locked to the hardware of a machine,which means as I have a couple of capture machines transferring 10gb files to cut.videoredo is only at alpha testing state for hdtv ts files and as such not a option.I have had success using the older free tspe and you can download both here,you can get a 30 day trial of the paid one.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TS_Packet_Editor

I also found H264cutter useless on anything but xp.

Transport Stream Packet Editor is excellent,but its expensive at £30 and locked to the hardware of a machine,which means as I have a couple of capture machines transferring 10gb files to cut.videoredo is only at alpha testing state for hdtv ts files and as such not a option.I have had success using the older free tspe and you can download both here,you can get a 30 day trial of the paid one.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TS_Packet_Editor

I also found H264cutter useless on anything but xp.

VideoReDo will do HDTV, but only MPEG2 stuff (I use it for my BBC HD recordings on cable).

Also, there's a free version of TSPE on that same page, although again, I don't know what it's compatibility is with h264 stuff. It'll do MPEG2 no problem though, I only switched to VRD as I preferred the interface and it gave me less errors when passing the cut stream through MPEG2Repair.