3 replies to this topic

#1 bccrew

bccrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:26

Hello,

I recorded some HDTV in a ts file and I would like to convert it to avi.

But I need to cut out the commercials first.

i tried H264cutter and TS splitter but those tools crash or cannot cut by timeframe

Any other advice?

#2 Conrad.

Conrad.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:14

Try TSPE (Transport Stream Packet Editor) or VideoReDO, both have frame accurate editing and, I believe both will support mpeg4 TS files.

#3 johnoo

johnoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 21:18

Hello,

I recorded some HDTV in a ts file and I would like to convert it to avi.

But I need to cut out the commercials first.

i tried H264cutter and TS splitter but those tools crash or cannot cut by timeframe

Any other advice?

Transport Stream Packet Editor is excellent,but its expensive at £30 and locked to the hardware of a machine,which means as I have a couple of capture machines transferring 10gb files to cut.videoredo is only at alpha testing state for hdtv ts files and as such not a option.I have had success using the older free tspe and you can download both here,you can get a 30 day trial of the paid one.
http://www.videohelp...S_Packet_Editor
I also found H264cutter useless on anything but xp.

#4 Conrad.

Conrad.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 23:28

Transport Stream Packet Editor is excellent,but its expensive at £30 and locked to the hardware of a machine,which means as I have a couple of capture machines transferring 10gb files to cut.videoredo is only at alpha testing state for hdtv ts files and as such not a option.I have had success using the older free tspe and you can download both here,you can get a 30 day trial of the paid one.
http://www.videohelp...S_Packet_Editor
I also found H264cutter useless on anything but xp.

VideoReDo will do HDTV, but only MPEG2 stuff (I use it for my BBC HD recordings on cable).
Also, there's a free version of TSPE on that same page, although again, I don't know what it's compatibility is with h264 stuff. It'll do MPEG2 no problem though, I only switched to VRD as I preferred the interface and it gave me less errors when passing the cut stream through MPEG2Repair.