Dual TV tuners : how DVBviewer is managing this ?

Gresivaudan

Hi,

I am just starting to use DVBViewer and I have a question about card with dual TV tuners.

My card is a AVerTV Duo Hybrid PCI-E II with two DVB-T Digital TV tuners.

This dual tuner card allows to record two different digital TV shows in the same time (even if not part of the same mutiplex) since there is two digital tuners.

How DVBViewer software is managing this feature ? Is it possible to setup two TV shows

in the same time but not in the same multuiplex with DVBViewer ? How to do that ? DVBViewer options are not so clear to determine which schedule needs to be associated with a particular tuner.

Thanks for your help !

Gresivaudan

With DVBV, you don't decide in advance which tuner is used for which recording, it decides which tuner to use automatically... sorta. You can change the priority of the tuners in the hardware screen. You could set one tuner to preferred, and the other to normal. This would cause DVBV to use the preferred tuner first. But if both tuners on the card share the same RF input, I really can't see the point.

Like Lars said, try it. I can tell you that I have a dual tuner HVR-2250 (ATSC) card, along with 2 seperate DVB-S2 cards installed. The DVBV PIP function & timers manage the tuners very well.

Cheers

IF the channels are not encrypted, you can record every channel on a multiplex per card. So if you have 2 cards -> 2 multiplexes, 3 cards -> 3 multiplexes (or transponder or frequency or whatever you like to call it).

If the channels are encrypted the limit is one encrypted channel per DVB card/CAM (not matter which multiplex). But you can of course record additional FTA (free to air) channels on the same multiplex.

For a normal usage like your case you don't need to assign a device to a recording. Each DVB-T device will receive the same channels, unless you put your antennas in different transmission areas (which it highly unlikely ;) ).

There are more complex setups 2 x DVB-T, 1 x DVB-C, n x DVB-IPTV, 1 x DVB-S pointed to SAT A, 2 x DVB-s pointed to SAT B and 1 x DVB-S attached to a motordriven dish. then you have to put some more thought in your programming of recordings. The viewer does not recognize channels "as the same" if they are from different reception types.