Realtek DVB-T/C hybrid tuner problem

teknik88

Hi

I have bought a hybrid USB DVB-T/C tuner and has some problems with it.

I am only able to get the DVB-T part detected in Recording Service 1.7.0.1

Both part of the hybrid tuner is detected and works in DVBViewer 4.5.0.0 but not in version 4.6.0.1

It is detected as "DK DVBC/T DONGLE" in Windows device manager on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and the hardware id is "USB\VID_1D19&PID_8202&MI_00"

The Realtek chipset is RTL2832 for the DVB-T part and for the DVB-C part RTL2840

There is a similar problem descriped here on DVBLogic: http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11509&sid=1e668d1fa009d02a7993ddb2343a41e8

The tuner is branded and sold form AGK where driver and software can be downloaded: http://www.agknordic.com/new/index.php?side_id=496

There is pictures from the dongles inside here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/dvb-t-tuner-missing-mpeg4-based-channels-769655/page2.html#post4181254

I have attached the sections from the hardware xml files from both Recording Service and DVBViewer

Hope someone can help me.

Best Regards Christian

Sorry for that here is the Support.zip and the rest of the info.

My mainboard is Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia) with an Intel G33 chipset (HP Pavilion Elite m9263.sc computer)

4 GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU.

The Graphic card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with driver version 258.96

I will gladly provide more details if required.

Just let me know.

Christian

• 10 months later...

Hi Again

Thanks for the fix last time and thanks for a very stable and quick program.

Unfortunately after the last Recording Service (v1.9.3.0) there is a new problem with the same tuner (REALTEK DTV Filter (6)).

The Tuner is detected but when I start a recording using the tuner the RS crashes and restarts.

It works without problems in DVBViewer (v4.9.0.0).

The last working Recording Service I used was: v1.9.2.0.

I have disabled the tuner in RS and enabled it in DVBViewer for the moment.

Because the Recording Service recreates the "svcdebug.log" during the error I have also added the file named: "svcdebug - ERROR.log" in the .ZIP file.

This file is generated after the service starts and there is an active timer that starts recording from the Realtek DVB-C tuner.

My computer is the same as in the previous post but her it goes again:

The tuner is detected as "DK DVBC/T DONGLE" in Windows device manager on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and the hardware id is "USB\VID_1D19&PID_8202&MI_00"

The Realtek chipset is RTL2832 for the DVB-T part and for the DVB-C part RTL2840. The driver version is: 64.1.802.2010

My mainboard is Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia) with an Intel G33 chipset (HP Pavilion Elite m9263.sc computer)

4 GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU.

The Graphic card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with driver version 258.96

Best regards

Christian

support.zip