Autosearch

majstang

Add: Autosearch: All recordings are now additionally added to the recordings history database. The entries will not be deleted, if you delete the actual recording. The check for previous recordings function of the auto recording timers now checks the search results against this database.

On every usage of the "Cleanup and Refresh Recording DB" task missing entries of existing recordings are added automatically to the history db.

Add: New task: Delete recording history.

Far out...much better solution than i ever could have imagined :thumbsup: Great work on this and the rest on this beta also! Can't wait to try it out :)

A bit disappointing though that nothing is mentioned about whether the Autosearch "Event" can deactivate already existing recording timers or not. Although it works quite fine with only one day worth of EPG (updated 00:00-24:00). In that way the Autosearch deactivate most reruns if they are beeing aired the day after or some hour after midnight. However for convenience using a longer EPG would be nice and still being abled to deactivate all reruns, even those who were created by earlier Autosearches.

:bye:

well you could simply limit the time frame the search uses. If you know there will be reruns after 0:00 then let it search from 06:00 till 23:59...

It's tricky getting the timer stuff right, because, the only thing available are the auto generated timernames. A timer does not have knowledge about the EPG entry used to generate it...

It's tricky getting the timer stuff right, because, the only thing available are the auto generated timernames. A timer does not have knowledge about the EPG entry used to generate it...

Tell me about it...this is super tricky to script i know :biggrin:;) This feature is the most exciting one up to date and getting the last piece of the puzzle to work would make RS the near perfect recording system, so it would be a shame giving it up. Yes, the problematic part is "a timer does not have knowledge about the EPG entry used to generate it...". I don't think this is very surprising when looking at the output which is generated to the Svctimers.xml. If adding the correct info from the EPG.dat, such as "Title", "Event" and "Description" into the svctimers.xml (created by the first Autosearch) the next Autosearch should be abled to find even old activated timers by matching the svctimers.xml with the corresponding entries in the recordings history database. In this way the next Autosearch will deactivate rerun timers that had active status after the previous Autosearch. So, the Autosearch gets four instead of the current three functions:

1. Searching the EPG.dat

2. Searching the svctimers.xml

3. Matching EPG.dat and svctimers.xml findings with the recordings history database entries

4. Update scvtimers.xml with new timers and deactivate all timers found in the match.

What do you think about such an approach?

To illustrate clearer:

RECORDINGS DATABASE

<recording id="171" idfile="" charset="255" content="0" minimumage="0" start="20110721200000" duration="010000" runtime="000000" epgid="107212000">

<channel>TV8</channel>

<file>

d:\tv\recording service\20110721_20-22-02_tv8_bones.ts

</file>

<title>Bones</title>

<info>S06E11/22</info>

<desc>

Amerikansk kriminaldramaserie från 2010. En krypskytt är ute efter att mörda miss Taffett och resten av enheten är också i fara. Säsong 6. Del 11 av 22

</desc>

</recording>

SVCTIMERS.XML TODAY

<Timer Type="1" ID="{90D2FF4F-AFEB-4EDB-A2E4-99D2C5576549}" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" Date="21.07.2011" Start="20:22:00" Dur="3" PreEPG="1" PostEPG="1" Action="0" EPGEventID="107212000">

<Descr>Bones - S06E11/22 </Descr>

<Options AdjustPAT="-1" Teletext="-1"/>

<Format>2</Format>

<Folder>Auto</Folder>

<NameScheme>%year%m%d_%time_%station_%event</NameScheme>

<AfterProcess>IntelligentHibernation</AfterProcess>

<Source>Web</Source>

<Channel ID="3431743045729649654|TV8"/>

</Timer>

SVCTIMERS.XML IN THE FUTURE

<Timer Type="1" ID="{90D2FF4F-AFEB-4EDB-A2E4-99D2C5576549}" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" Date="21.07.2011" Start="20:22:00" Dur="3" PreEPG="1" PostEPG="1" Action="0" EPGEventID="107212000">

<channel>TV8</channel>

<title>Bones</title>

<info>S06E11/22</info>

<desc>

Amerikansk kriminaldramaserie från 2010. En krypskytt är ute efter att mörda miss Taffett och resten av enheten är också i fara. Säsong 6. Del 11 av 22

</desc>

<Options AdjustPAT="-1" Teletext="-1"/>

<Format>2</Format>

<Folder>Auto</Folder>

<NameScheme>%year%m%d_%time_%station_%event</NameScheme>

<AfterProcess>IntelligentHibernation</AfterProcess>

<Source>Web</Source>

<Channel ID="3431743045729649654|TV8"/>

</Timer>

Also i have an another question...i can't find where the recordings history database is located. I wanna browse it and see how it looks. What's the name of it and where can i find it?

Best regards

majstang

:bye:

Edited by majstang

Thanks for this info, Lars!

EDIT: You meant SvcDatabase.db3 obviously...there it is :)

Edited by majstang

mm, why if i try to set an Autosearch Timer at 22.30 (for example), the start time is setted always to 00.00 ?

This is the same for Internal timer

mm, why if i try to set an Autosearch Timer at 22.30 (for example), the start time is setted always to 00.00 ?

This is the same for Internal timer

Hm..that was strange! Have you done any changes in windows locale settings maybe? Short time format should read HH:mm maybe it is set to HH.mm hence the result you are getting. Or there is simply a bug within RS, but here it works fine though.

Edited by majstang

No, all my setting are in "default" for italian system.

hset.png

The problem come only when i try to set the Time manually.

If the timer is setted via AUTOSEARCH (automatic), the time is grabbed from EPG and the timer is correct.

Edited by Reneg
  • 1 month later...

Tell me about it...this is super tricky to script i know :biggrin:;) This feature is the most exciting one up to date and getting the last piece of the puzzle to work would make RS the near perfect recording system, so it would be a shame giving it up. Yes, the problematic part is "a timer does not have knowledge about the EPG entry used to generate it...". I don't think this is very surprising when looking at the output which is generated to the Svctimers.xml. If adding the correct info from the EPG.dat, such as "Title", "Event" and "Description" into the svctimers.xml (created by the first Autosearch) the next Autosearch should be abled to find even old activated timers by matching the svctimers.xml with the corresponding entries in the recordings history database. In this way the next Autosearch will deactivate rerun timers that had active status after the previous Autosearch. So, the Autosearch gets four instead of the current three functions:

1. Searching the EPG.dat

2. Searching the svctimers.xml

3. Matching EPG.dat and svctimers.xml findings with the recordings history database entries

4. Update scvtimers.xml with new timers and deactivate all timers found in the match.

What do you think about such an approach?

:thumbsup: IT WORKS :thumbsup:

Truly nice work Lars! Even though you didn't solve this function as i thought you would do it. I have to say your solution is much smarter and also simpler. We now have a fully functional prevent recording of re-run function in place and it works with a full 14 day EPG. RS will not record a show with same Timer name twice, cuz the second occurence is a re-run and gets automatically deactivated :biggrin:

Best regards and many thanks for your excellent work making RS even more intelligent..this is a huge leap forward :bye:

Majstang

Edited by majstang