Cinergy T PCIe Dual DVB-C

boborg

Terratec recently added DVB-C to the Cinergy T PCIe Dual. I have installed the latest beta software and I am seeing 2 DVB-T but only 1 DVB-C tuner in Terratec Home Cinema and DVBViewer. Does anybody know if it is only a dual tuner when used with DVB-T?

I can answer it myself after confirmation from Terratec. It does only support dual DVB-T not dual DVB-C.

Edited by boborg
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am using with DVBViewer 4.9 Terratec Cinergy C in perfectly in cable reception.

Recently bought T pcie dual from the same brand and installed 6.0.108.72 driver and surprisingly no DVB_C tuner in DVBViewer.

Than tried latest beta driver 6.0.108.76 then succeed to see DVB-C tuner as third one beside dual DVB-T.

But could not succeed to get signal by cable tuner. What could be wrong ?

Is there any body who can succeed to get. It seems terratec recently updated cable tuner by driver.

i will buy this card as soon as i could.

For your problem, post your support.log , test the card with dvbdream, progdvb, or mediacenter to see if it's working on dvb-c.

then wait a new DVBViewer to test.

Your support.zip shows that the tuner has been detected correctly as cable tuner.

Maybe your modulation settings (QAM64, QAM256, etc) are not suitable. Different cards / different drivers may require different modulation settings. E.g. one card may work with modulation = Auto, another card not. Or one card may work with any modulation setting (even a wrong one), because it always auto-detects the modulation. Another card may require the correct modulation.

So go to the DVBViewer channel editor, select a channel that should work, and try all possible modulation settings on the right side. Click apply and select the channel again after each change.

Thank you for your reply but no succes at all.

Channel list build by same brand Cinergy DVB-C HD channel scan.

Normally T pcie dual should work. But even all modulation tried one by one no succes.

Tried by transedit also the same result.

Edited by el_domingo

Some users say that this card is has only 1 dvbc tuner....

Terratec says( lie) that it has 2 dvb-c tuners

I see only 1 DVB-C tuner and dual DVB-T.

The driver only exposes one DVB-C tuner. DVBViewer can't do anything about it.

But still my problem is going on. No Cable signal.

Sorry, but I have no idea why it doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...
Some users say that this card is has only 1 dvbc tuner....

In the meantime I've learned why the driver does not expose the second tuner. Only one of the two demodulator chips can cope with DVB-C.

• 3 months later...

I own this card and I'm interested to know if anyone else can reproduce a driver issue that I can reproduce on two different machines, with the same card.

Anyone willing to try, please type the following command in Start -> Run, or in a Command Prompt window, while you are viewing a TV channel with DVBViewer (or your DVB viewing software of choice):

taskkill /f /im DVBViewer.exe

If you're not using DVBViewer and you're using TerraTec Home Cinema, please replace the executable name, from the command above, with cinergydvr.exe. Or replace it with the correct executable name of your DVB software.

Now restart the DVB application and see if you can watch any TV channel(s) you want and/or if you can scan using the same tuner, without rebooting the OS.

Please submit your results by including details such as basic hardware specs (CPU, MB, RAM, video), exact OS name/type, Terratec driver version, which tuner (of the 3 available on this card) number and type (DVBT/DVBC) you were using.

I'm interested in this because if there's a problem with the DVB software/codecs and it hangs/crashes or it's forcefully terminated, an OS reboot is required to be able to use the tuner that was involved. I can fully test only the 3rd tuner (the DVBC one). In my tests, besides the DVBC tuner, the 2nd tuner (DVBT) becomes unusable after this (I can't issue a scan command on it).

I have contacted Terratec, but the Terratec support contact dismissed my case. He said that they couldn't reproduce the issue and told me to try on another PC. Which I did, but he hasn't replied since. As a last note, after the DVB application is terminated/crashes, the process lingers in memory for minutes and it can't be terminated and no local debugger can be attached to it (invasive or not).

Thank you.

Edited by highyield
  • 2 months later...

Actually I have a problem with THC sometimes crashing and when that happens, the effect is as discribed by you, after you kick the "cinergydrv.exe". The UI disappears, but the process keeps running and cannot be killed. Eventually it's gone after some minutes. If you start THC afterwards, all you get is the blank UI with the timer indicator. Oh and the video window, but nothin in it, no sound, no whatever - just the plain UI.

All that can be done is a restart/reboot of the system. First I thought, it was the software itself, but then i found out that -after THC crashed- no other software could make use of the card (until that restart) also.

My System:

FX6100, 16GiB RAM, Gigabyte 890FXA UD5, 500 Watt PSU, some diskspace, WiFi-card, dvd-burner, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (details)

Edited by BuNsen

About a month ago, I got a reply from a Terratec support contact. He told me that they've notified the chipset manufacturer and a driver update is expected, soon. The only thing I'm worried about now is the "soon" part.

I'm regullarly checking their ftp folder for any updates to the drivers and/or THC. The only things that turned up "recently" are:

1.) 18-Apr-2012 - Cinergy_T_PCIe_Dual_Drv_6.0.108.76_XP_Vista_7.zip

I first thought: Oh, new drivers … hu? And then I was like: It really took them like a year to release the drivers not only as a setup but as a zip file?

2.) 11-Jun-2012 - Cinergy_T_PCIe_Dual_EEPROM_Update.zip

Nothing really known about this, because it is mentioned nowhere. And for me and another user it doesn't do anything. You click check eeprom and nothing happens.

So, under these circumstances I really hope soon is what it's meant to be. Nothing more than a month I hope, because it's freakin me out to reastart all the time and start converting from scratch (as I currently know of no programm to save the current state of encoding and resume later on …)

Edited by BuNsen

The zipped driver doesn't seem to be any different than the one that comes as an executable.

I've tried to run the eeprom update, but it fails to check the eeprom version. It doesn't display anything, except it outputs some errors to the debug output of the OS (viewable by using DebugView).

Edited by highyield

I've received a newer update tool, from Terratec, with which I successfully updated the EEPROM, but the issue is still present. I'm still waiting for a reply, to find out if this is a final EEPROM version or if they are still working on it.

Hi, could you please post this newer update tool? I tested the old one, and it doesn't work.

TerraTec said this is a bugfix for a pc not booting with this card inside.

I had this problem with a Asus Mainboard once, but i thought the mainboard was defect. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

taskkill /f /im DVBViewer.exe for me work ok, but on terratec usb stick tuner.

Im using microsoft codec for sd and hd, and ac3 filter v2.xx for audio.

Edited by bogdan1980