Integration with XBMC PVR

Well time to be honest. XBMC is without a doubt an exellent software for fileplayback, even if it's hogging the CPU to much with its interface (in my oppinion).

BUT it will not work with real DVB as it is now. It's way to much centered on the "file" aspect and I am sorry to say that I have serious doubts you can simply write some plugin to "convert" it to a useable LiveTV application. The SAT>IP aspect needs a lot of DVB processing and XBMC simply does not provide this...

BUT it will not work with real DVB as it is now.

That's the reason behind the PVR integration. XBMC doesn't care about the hardware because that's the backend task (in this case, the DVBViewer Recording Service)

HOW-TO:Watch TV in XBMC

It's way to much centered on the "file" aspect and I am sorry to say that I have serious doubts you can simply write some plugin to "convert" it to a useable LiveTV application.

Yes, you can and it's really simple even with the DVBViewer API shortcomings :( Check out the vuplus addon and you'll see that it's pretty trivial to add DVBViewer support with it as a code base.

The SAT>IP aspect needs a lot of DVB processing and XBMC simply does not provide this...

As I said above, XBMC doesn't care about that.

Right now I'm using XBMC with DVBViewer. I can watch Live TV with EPG, add and edit timers, view and delete recordings and even check the signal strength...

Edited by A600

Of course it's possible if you code the PVR ;)

It isn't ready for a release but someday it will be.

Right now I'm using XBMC with DVBViewer. I can watch Live TV with EPG, add and edit timers, view and delete recordings and even check the signal strength...

Well, it sounds that your code is ready for release. So do it already! :)

Well time to be honest. XBMC is without a doubt an exellent software for fileplayback, even if it's hogging the CPU to much with its interface (in my oppinion).

I am also playing around with XBMC currently and I am not totally sold on it. Over the years I got used to the flexibility and extensibility of DirectShow (and even the quirks of it ;) ). It is giving me a hard time to imagine how to live without it. The usability and ease of use of XBMC are great though. AirPlay works out of the box with my iPhone 4 for video, photos and music :) . I am just wondering right now whether XBMC does all the things that are important to me. Due to its platform independence I am sure that there are lots of restrictions and imperfections.

Why are you advertising for something that you do not publish anyway? I think a lot of users would pay money for this ...

Oh COME ON...be happy something is finally on the way!!

Do not misunderstand me. But we are all very impatient. I hope that it will be released soon. Can we expect this year with a release date? If you could give more information (like videos or screenshots), surely many would also be willing to give a small donation.

A600 we wait for.

....a ver esa release que seguro que somos muchos los que la esperamos :o

OMG...three years and my first post....sorry

Edited by Paranosh
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice that you released it, so far all it did is make my XBMC crash though...I can start XBMC, but as soon as it has loaded it crashes with multiple errors...will check the logs and see what is wrong.

UPDATE: Itr works fine, my XBMC PVR build was too old, installed the latest nightly and all is well.

THANKS!!!

Edited by CommanderROR

Works great on PC, however, it seems not to work on the Raspberry Pi (running raspbmc RC4 with latest nightly from 02.09.2012).

I posted the error on the XBMC forums and will keep it there.

Thanks for your hard work. I'm sure it'll be even better once it has gone through some alpha and beta stages... ;)

It's already amazing for a version 0.1.0!

Edited by CommanderROR
screenshot000tearu.png

btw, the logos only are showed if the name of the png from the DVBViewer\Images\Logos\ folder is exactly the same as the channel name. Unfortunately, the DVBViewer API doesn't provide the logo names so I can't fix that.

Edited by A600

btw, the logos only are showed if the name of the png from the DVBViewer\Images\Logos\ folder is exactly the same as the channel name. Unfortunately, the DVBViewer API doesn't provide the logo names so I can't fix that.

..not a big problem for me. Everybody who ist interessted, can fix that by themself..

screenshot000vyc77.png

..I enjoy your work very much.

Thank you! This ia great.

I have it running OK but a slight problem with recordings - I can see the list but when I select one, nothing happens, Running on a local PC with recordings stored on local HD.

Is this supposed to work or am I just being impatient?

Wow, finally a solution which deserved the name "Media Center". Thanks a lot!

I had trouble with my password for the Recording Service. It began with a colon ":".

The add-on got all data (like EPG), but wasn't able to play TV streams.

I think the add-on tried to open a stream URL like http://user::pw@127.0.0.1 in my case.

One colon too much?! :rolleyes:

regards

Mojo

Is the streamserver port correct (by default 7522)? In that case, I would try a pass without the ':'

Yes, all settings were correct.

It was only the colon at the beginning of my password.

How can I watch encoded channels? [removed]

Im legal DVBC subscriber...

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules