can i use power dvd 11 as codecs

brockite

i have had to redownload dvbveiwer the version i used before used an older version of power dvd in the codecs but the new dvb wont use my power dvd 11 if that makes sense can any one tell me how to get the new version of dvb to recognise power dvd 11

i have had to redownload dvbveiwer the version i used before used an older version of power dvd in the codecs but the new dvb wont use my power dvd 11 if that makes sense can any one tell me how to get the new version of dvb to recognise power dvd 11

Copy DLL or AX files to system32 folder [ C:WINDOWS\system32 ]

Launch CMD Prompt (run as Admin)

• To install the files, type: regsvr32 filename.dll or regsvr32 filename.ax

• To uninstall the files, use: regsvr32 -u filename.dll or regsvr32 -u filename.ax

You will need to find the relevant files from your product.

Frank

Edited by fxv1

I've been having the same problem and found this on another forum:

1) Open up a command prompt. If in 7/Vista, you will need to right click on the Command Prompt shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

2) Type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Common\VideoFilter\CLCvd.ax" and press enter

(NOTE: Location will vary based on OS. Browse to the folder in Explorer to make sure you have the correct path)

3) You will get a popup window to confirm that the filter has been installed successfully.

Thanks to the original poster.

Edited by SimonP

thanx for taking the time to reply to my post but unfortunetly i dont now where to get the dll or ax files from i have gone into program files dvd11 common files then video filter i was hoping to get power dvd into the mpeg2 video decoder instead of elecard and also h.264decoder is this possible or am i barking upthe wrong tree that was to fxv1 i am running xp sp3 when you say look in explorer do you meen program file iexplorer and if so how do i find the right path simonp it takes a while to get my head round it all but thanx for your partiance

Just follow my 1-2-3 instructions. I did exactly that and it worked.

This requires that you have the PowerDVD software (or the codecs).

PowerDVD 11 (and 12 now) available to dl as a trail version.

The hints are how to register the codecs so that is spot on.

Frank

cheers guys i have tried that and all i get is (the filename,directory name,or volume label syntax is incorrect)i have the full version of power dvd 11 ultra and i can see the file CLCvd.ax in the video filters i appreciate your time and effort and i can see by some of your older post youve looked into this

• 10 months later...

I have Windows 8 64-bit and PowerDVD 12 and nothing works. No Codecs registered in system after....

Any help?

I tried DVBViewer in W8 pre release and that worked fine for me.

Me is PowerDVD 12 working in Windows 8 too. But is not using the PowerDVD codecs!

The PowerDVD codecs are the best hardware accelerated codecs I know.

Because are not PowerDVD codecs registered in system - is not possible to select them in DVBViewer....