EPG for favorites only

eric44

Is there a way to limit EPG for favorite channels only? Ideally there should be a way to switch EPG from'all' channels to 'favorites'. Any ideas, anyone?

The brevity of your reply cannot be beaten. After consulting the wiki I discovered that OSD (whatever this stands for) can be called up by pressing ESC. DBViewer is certainly full of surprises but not very intuitive.

On the positive side, it does do the job well!

Is there any way of doing this for the Recording Service?? I stream quite a lot to a PS3 and blu-ray player and it takes ages to find the station that I want in the folders that are currently presented. Surely it should be possible to add a "Favourites" folder to the current folders. Likewise, is there a reason that the HTML EPG could not be limited to Favourites too? Since other instances of DVBViewer can download the Favourites from the recording service, it must be in there somewhere!!

... or has this been implemented ages ago and I have just embarassed myself by missing it!!!

There is no favourites support in the RS and if you like the DVBViewer to use favourites everywhere you have to change approximately 16 settings.

Personally I wouldn't use the favourites at all.

In my opinion the better way is to sort the beginning of the channel list.

1. create a new Root folder: open the Channel list Editor > select a channel > change the "Root" name to "favourites" [> change the Category name as well] > klick on Apply

2. move the Root folder via drag and drop to the top of the channel list

3. move ale your favourite channels via drag and drop in the favourites folder

4. export the sorted list as a backup > select the favourites root Chaneditexport.png save.

5. use TransEdit for updating the channel list