Noxon stick DVB-T2-able ?

Jurgen B.

I have no access to a local DVB-T2 signal, but hope to pick up some during good weather conditions from UK or Sweden. I have a Noxon USB stick and was wondering if that actually can receive DVB-T2 signals. In this Terratec answer they say No.

I don't know if it is because of h/w or s/w reasons?

Has anyone tried DVB-T2 with this stick and DVBViewer?

What other sticks can you recommend?

Hello,

I have a TerraTec NOXON USB Stick too. It is made only for receiving DAB+ Radio (Digital Audio Broadcasting) not for DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial). You can use it with the TerraTec Software that came with the stick or with the new DAB Receiver you can find in the members area.

For receiving DVB-T you need a DVB-T Stick (the ran Stick from TerraTec can recieve DVB-T and DAB). For DVB-T2 you need a special DVB-T Stick desifgned for DVB-T2.

With many greetings

Webturtle

Thank you all for your answers !

My Noxon DAB/DAB+ stick also works nicely with DVB-T, after installing the original Realtek driver, the newer Terratec drivers have been blocked for DVB-T, surely for marketing reasons.

A week ago I got Denmark (180km) mux with DR-HD, using H264. Worked excellent with DVBViewer after I got the proper codecs installed. Actually I recorded the entire stream, and found the codecs later after the reception faded away. With TSPlayer I can still replay that moment. Great Tool !!

However I saw subtitle streams, these are not shown in TSPlayer. Is that correct?