two clients watching the same channel, two tuners are used

cargen

The same here. With two tuners, Device status shows:

Client 1 uses tuner 1

Client 2 uses tuner 2

Client 3 uses on of the two tuners already in use, i don't know which, because Device Status dosn't show it

So i think this is normal

i think this is a waste of resources.

it will make more sense to use for the second/third/etc... clients the same tuner.

and only if the channel or transponder is different the second/others tuner are used.

i think this is a waste of resources.

it will make more sense to use for the second/third/etc... clients the same tuner.

and only if the channel or transponder is different the second/others tuner are used.

Why?

If tuners are available when needed, i don't care what tuner is used

Why?

If tuners are available when needed, i don't care what tuner is used

because if i try to use a third client all tuners will be busy.

while if the two clients watching the same channel are using the same tuner, the third client will be able to watch another channel.

am i missing something?

because if i try to use a third client all tuners will be busy.

while if the two clients watching the same channel are using the same tuner, the third client will be able to watch another channel.

am i missing something?

If you read the tread, you can see that i have 3 clients using 2 tuners, watching the samme channel. This i done with DVB-S. If it dosent Work for you, i suggest that you make a support request, with at support.zip

Have experimented a little bit with this now, and I can see you got a point!

Tried this:

Lets say we have 3 clients and two tuners T1,T2 in Recording Service

All three clients was tuned to same channel last time it was running.

Next time started, they all tune to the last channel used and Recording Service use same tuner T1. Tuner T2 is now free, so it is possible to tune to another channel

If one of the clients tune to another channel, tuner T2 is used, so of course both tuners are now occupied

If the client tune back to the original channel used, it continues to occupy tuner T2.

Maybe there is a technical issue, that force it to bee this way, but logically it would better to use tuner T1, leaving tuner T2 free.