EPG Error in latest version?

McenterFreak

I think there is a bug in the latest version of Recording Service. After upgrading to latest version (1.23) I haven't received any EPG from Canal Digital (1 degree west). Tried everything, no luck. Only Now and Next EPG.

Another problem was very slow response in the web interface. Took up to 1 minute to change from Device Status to TV Guide.

The DVBViewer Clients also crashed, no matter version (up to 5.0)

Then I downgraded RS to 1.21.2.0

Now everything works perfect. All EPG is in place. No Crash on Client side. Switching the tabs in Recording Service is relatively quick (as it was before)

So I think there is some bugs in the new Recording Service

My setup:

Two FireDTV tuners, one Hauppauge DVB-T tuner (EPG works fine with DVB-T)

Dish pointing to 1 degree west (Canal Digital, Telenor)

Has worked without any problems for years

..afaics on 1W the EIT contains only present/following. Maybe I've overlooked something but during a fast search browsing with transedit's analyzer though a couple of telenor transponders, I couldn't see any PID carrying fast epg data like freesat or mediahighway . So probably you've received the data externally via the web. Check and compare your settings.

..afaics on 1W the EIT contains only present/following. Maybe I've overlooked something but during a fast search browsing with transedit's analyzer though a couple of telenor transponders, I couldn't see any PID carrying fast epg data like freesat or mediahighway . So probably you've received the data externally via the web. Check and compare your settings.

No. It's located at 10934 SR 24.500. I am not using any other services, and I have never done, in all the years I have used Canal Digital/Recording Service.

And as I wrote, it works perfectly if I downgrade to previous version of Recording Service.

I have now made some more tests:

3. January my EPG was updated, running RS 1.21.2. My last date for EPG info was 8. January.

4. January, Updated to RS 1.23.1.0. Executed Start EPG Scan.

My last date for EPG info is still 8. January.

Today I executed Start EPG Scan

My last date for EPG info is still 8. January.

Downgraded RS to 1.21.2

Executed Start EPG Scan

My last date for EPG info is now 10. January.

I have attached 2 support.zip files

Support1.zip is with RS 1.23.1.0 installed

Support2.zip is with RS 1.21.2 installed

Can't see any reason.. ..maybe you have to start afreh. Stop the service and delete the epg.dat (DVBViewer configuration folder and config folder). Then start again and tune to 10934V.

btw. your service.xml shows a wrong version.

Can't see any reason.. ..maybe you have to start afreh. Stop the service and delete the epg.dat (DVBViewer configuration folder and config folder). Then start again and tune to 10934V.

btw. your service.xml shows a wrong version.

I have some questions:

1. Can you tune to 1 degree West?

2. if yes, can you receive 7 days EPG from 10934 with RS 1.23.1.0?

What happens if you program a timer for a channel on this frequency?

There is one change in the RS 1.23+: the EPG Updater works a little different.

so what is exactly your problem? the updater? or is no EPG at all received from this frequency (=manual update via a recording timer/streaming of a channel etc).

BTW.

01.01.13 17:27:36.137 TEPGUpdater Release FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (1)

01.01.13 17:27:36.137 TBDAFireDTV.SetTuner TType: 1, Freq: 10934, Symrate: 25000, LOF: 9750, Tone: 0, Pol: 0, DiseqC: 0, FEC: 3, APID: 661, VPID: 517, PMT: 261, SID: 6903, SatMod: 14, DiseqCVal: 0, NID: 70, Flags: 24

01.01.13 17:27:42.222 TEPGUpdater AllocateHardware FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (1)

This is the relevant EPG Updater entry. You can see it stays 6 seconds until it thinks all is complete (=no new data received). It might be that this transponder takes more than the predefined timeout (no new data received within 4 seconds). Maybe we have to make this a tweak...

"so what is exactly your problem?"

I don't think this is fair!

I believe that I have described the problem very precise, so please read!

I believe that I have described the problem very precise, so please read!
Where have you answered the question?

Do you get full EPG if you are not using the built-in EPG Auto Update. But in stand using a Recording Timer to tune the frequency?

I have some questions:

1. Can you tune to 1 degree West?

2. if yes, can you receive 7 days EPG from 10934 with RS 1.23.1.0?

FYI - I can tune 10934, I just checked my EPG and I get approx. 57 hours EPG with RS 1.23.1.0. I used to get 1 week's EPG but I can't recall when that last was.

I have RS max EPG update interval set to 35 seconds.

Where have you answered the question?

Do you get full EPG if you are not using the built-in EPG Auto Update. But in stand using a Recording Timer to tune the frequency?

It doesn't matter what I do, EPG is not updated with new RS. It is only updated if I install the old version. I have of course tuned the frequency manualy to get EPG, no luck.

Edited by McenterFreak
It doesn't matter what I do, EPG is not updated with new RS. It is only updated if I install the old version. I have of course tuned the frequency manualy to get EPG, no luck.

I don't have EPG problems with RS V.1.23.1.0

The Telenor channels on 1W update just fine. Though I never use auot-update, cos I need my devices for other appl. as well ;)

I've just run a test. After deleting the dat files I tuned to Lifestyle TV on 10715H (one of the few free channels). Almost immediately I had the present/following events of all telenor channels. Then I tuned in to a channel on 10934V. It took only a couple of seconds to get all events for the next 6 days.

Made some new observation's:

Stopped RS

Deleted EPG.dat

Started RS

All EPG in RS gone

Executed Task: Start EPG Scan

Result: Only Now & Next EPG for SAT channels. EPG to 13 January for DVB-T

Executed a Tune Only Timer on Nick-VH1C TS Channel

Then I have EPG to 12 January on SAT too

So there must be a bug in how the new RS version handles EPG search on SAT

My solution is to plan a Tune Only timer every day to Nick-VH1C TS

So there is no problem with receiving EPG at all.

And there is only a problem if you run the auto EPG update?

Than you should have answers Lars question, instead complaining about it. >_<

So there is no problem with receiving EPG at all.

There is a problem!

The only way to get full EPG is to Tune a channel on the right transponder.

An Lars asked: What happens if you program a timer for a channel on this frequency?

Which Is what I did

There is a problem!

The only way to get full EPG is to Tune a channel on the right transponder.

An Lars asked: What happens if you program a timer for a channel on this frequency?

Which Is what I did

I can confirm now that there is a problem with "TEPGUpdater" in Recording Service 1.23.1.0. As I said before I don't use the RS update function and had no problems with EPG on 1W. That's why I didn't notice <_<

I reduced my channels.dat to 1W only, deleted all EPG.dat files and waited for the RS to finish the update. Only now/next events were shown in the EPG window. Then I repeated the procedure with tuning to just 2 transponders with DVBViewer. Tuning to 10934V was sufficient (see earlier post) to get the complete 6 days list for all services.

Dunno whether the dwelling time is too short or there is bug reading "Actual/Other TS, Schedule".

It would be helpful to have a dump from the transponder in question. It should contain PAT, PMT, SDT, EIT and at least one video/audio stream providing a PCR for checking the EIT timing. The duration of the recording should comprise the EIT cycle time, if possible.

Thanks!

But maybe there is another problem

After upgrading RS, it is very unstable, but only on DVB-S. I have many broken recordings.

I can see, when watching Device Status in RS, that suddenly planned recordings stops, randomly

When looking in the log files, no errors, and no information on why the recording stop randomly

Maybe this Is a driver problem, I don't know, but my server has been running for years, with FireDTV tuners, and no change in drivers, OS and hardware

I have now downgraded RS again to 1.21.2.0. Will inform you if this are more stable

Edited by McenterFreak

I had another look on the svcdebug.log. It's not the dwelling time. 1W, 10934V with the complete Telenor EPG takes the default 6s. Reading freesat EPG 1428H on 28E takes 31s.

btw.

there is a strange update scheme. It starts with DVB-S low, horizontal (LH -> LV -> HH -> HV). After DVB-S is finished the device tunes to DVB-S2. Why's that?

• 2 weeks later...