Channel scan - Empty current device, please help!

Honzik1

Hello,
when I run my DVBViewer and I would like to scan for channels, then it shows: "No hardware available!". Well, no hardware available and TV channel playing in background? :D I really dont understand it...
Where is problem?
I use PCTV Nano Stick T2 290e tuner.

Thanks!

post-128294-0-20240600-1368535796_thumb.jpg

Hello,

when I run my DVBViewer and I would like to scan for channels, then it shows: "No hardware available!". Well, no hardware available and TV channel playing in background? :D I really dont understand it...

Where is problem?

I use PCTV Nano Stick T2 290e tuner.

Thanks!

Well, probably there is no device because you are watching TV on the device ?

Well, probably there is no device because you are watching TV on the device ?

So when I am watching on the device in use, DVBViewer cannot see this device?? Is this software made in 2013? Really?

I cannot stop watching because there is probably BUG. Nothing happens when I click on stop button. Look on picture:

w5eTZOF.jpg

I also tried View/ disable audio video but in Channel Scan it say "No hardware available!" anyway..... I really dont understand this...

Edited by Honzik1

For some odd reason the PCTV Nano Stick T2 290e additionally exposes a second tuner entry for DVB-C (cable) reception - dunno why. However, the type of this second tuner is wrongly set to "Terrestrial" in the DVBViewer hardware options - looks like some "expert" blindly played with the settings. ;)

What happens is the following:

The first DVB-T tuner is occupied by playback. Now you want to start a scan. DVBViewer tries to use the second DVB-T tuner for it, because it only interrupts playback if it is inevitable. But of course this can't work, because it isn't a DVB-T tuner. So you get an error message. The result of a misconfiguration - that's all.

The Recording Service is installed. But the DVBViewer is not configured to work with the RS.

You should configure the DVBViewer or uninstall the Recording Service.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide#Setting_up_DVBViewer

That can cause "No hardware available" problems.

But in you case there is a another setting which causes the main problem.

The DVB-C (Cabel) par of the sick is labelled as Tunertyp: DVB-T (terrestrial).

Pleas run 'Scan Devices' is it than detected correct one 'Cabel' and one 'Terrestrial' tuner?

(click on the device an check the Tunertyp)

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Hardware

The Recording Service is installed. But the DVBViewer is not configured to work with the RS.

You should configure the DVBViewer or uninstall the Recording Service.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide#Setting_up_DVBViewer

That can cause "No hardware available" problems.

But in you case there is a another setting which causes the main problem.

The DVB-C (Cabel) par of the sick is labelled as Tunertyp: DVB-T (terrestrial).

Pleas run 'Scan Devices' is it than detected correct one 'Cabel' and one 'Terrestrial' tuner?

(click on the device an check the Tunertyp)

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Hardware

It worked! Thanks Tjod and thanks Griga! I thought that 1 tuner type is for MPEG2 and second one is for the MPEG4 (FULL HD) channels.