Missing EPG information

HD.

Seems that something has changed either with DVBViewer or our broadcast.

Now I cannot see program desctiption in miniepg or recording's info anymore. Before, when it worked recording info looked like this:

Info=Lyhin korsi. Rikospaikkatutkijat siirtyvät maalle, kun hevostalleilta löytyy nainen murhattuna. Todisteiden mukaan muutkin kuin hevoset piehtaroivat karsinoissa, ja murhamotiiveja alkaa kasaantua. Amerikkalainen rikossarja.
Series=
Description=Lyhin korsi. Rikospaikkatutkijat siirtyvät maalle, kun hevostalleilta löytyy nainen murhattuna. Todisteiden mukaan muutkin kuin hevoset piehtaroivat karsinoissa, ja murhamotiiveja alkaa kasaantua. Amerikkalainen rikossarja.|[4:3]|[stereo] [fin]|[stereo] [nld]|[associated Teletext] [eng]|[DVB subtitles] [4:3] [fin]|[DVB subtitles] [4:3] [nld]|[DVB subtitles] [4:3] [fin]

Now, it is like this:

Title=Top Gear
Info=Pojat lähtevät Albaniaan selvittämään, mikä on rikollispampulle paras edustusauto. Lisäksi testataan Ford Focus RS500, Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 sekä Volvo C30 PCP ja jututetaan Jonathan Rossia. Brittiläinen autoiluohjelma.
Series=
Description=[4:3]|[stereo] [fin]|[DVB subtitles] [4:3] [fin]

Now in recordings or miniepg I see only this Description-field. Not very helpful.

Any ideas how to get it working?

• 3 months later...

A bit late response, but I'll post it anyway...

This might be something that affects only finnish users. I experienced the same problem after updating yesterday from 5.0 to 5.2.8.1.

I solved this by manually editing XML -files @ C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\ (or wherever you have installed DVBViewer). In that location you might have more than one folder, pick the one matching the name of the active OSD -skin. You can check this from Settings -> Options -> OSD Skins (Asetukset -> Valinnat -> OSD ulkoasut). By default it propably is called "default" :) Mine wasn't, but I have been fiddlin with these before...

You have to start the editor (Notepad or whaterver, I prefer Notepad++) as Administrator (right click the program icon and choose "Run as Administrator") in Win 7 to be able to save the changes, of course. It might be a good idea to back up the folder before editing anything.

I changed the following parts in the the following files, original setting marked as red, setting after the change marked green.

myMiniEPG.xml

Before:

<item>
<description>EPG Description</description>
<type>Label</type>
<id>1</id>
<disabledcolor>60FFFFFF</disabledcolor>
<x>40</x>
<y>425</y>
<width>543</width>
<height>71</height>
<label>#TV.Now.description</label>
<font>font14</font>
<verticalalign>left</verticalalign>
</item>

After:

<item>
<type>Label</type>
<id>1</id>
<disabledcolor>60FFFFFF</disabledcolor>
<x>40</x>
<y>425</y>
<width>543</width>
<height>71</height>
<label>#TV.Now.event</label>
<font>font14</font>
<verticalalign>left</verticalalign>
</item>

myEPG.xml

Before:

<item>
<type>textbox</type>
<id>15</id>
<x>108</x>
<y>201</y>
<width>602</width>
<height>242</height>
<up>14</up>
<down>16</down>
<left>15</left>
<right>15</right>
<standalone>true</standalone>
<label>#EPG.description</label>
<font>font14</font>
<subcontrols>

After:

<item>
<type>textbox</type>
<id>15</id>
<x>108</x>
<y>201</y>
<width>602</width>
<height>242</height>
<up>14</up>
<down>16</down>
<left>15</left>
<right>15</right>
<standalone>true</standalone>
<label>#EPG.event - #EPG.description</label>
<font>font14</font>
<subcontrols>

There is also a nice tool called skin editor available for download at DVBViewer site: http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/?page=downloads, but I was too impatient to learn how to use that to make the change. However, I did use it to figure out what was the information I wanted to see instead of the description -field.

Edited by Panu

Thanks Panu for sharing, that did the trick, now everything is back to the way it was.

Seems that something in Finland's broadcast has changed or something in DVBViewer has changed. But glad we do have a solution now.

Instead of a minus sign use the following command:

Like this:

<label>#EPG.event #EPG.description</label>

This will add a newline instead and looks better, especially when the event field doesn't contain any info.