Problems recording encrypted channels

McenterFreak

I got a very strange problem

Some times my Recording Service dosent encrypt my recordings, resulting in hundreds of small files. It was always the same tuner, so i tried to disable it, but then the other tuner made excactly the same problem. So i enabled the tuner again. The funny thing is that if delete the timer and tune the same channel/program from a client, it works perfectly ( i have checked that excactly the same tuner is used in RS)

I have atached Support.zip from RS server

support.zip

Edit:

I use Smartwii to share my Subscription Card between my three tuners

Edited by McenterFreak

I guess you mean "decrypt". What tells you that decryption failed?

Of course you are rigth, "decrypt"

I was guessing that it is related to decrypting, because all the files are made every 60 second, meaning that no data is recieved, i believe

I got a very strange problem

Some times my Recording Service dosent encrypt my recordings, resulting in hundreds of small files. It was always the same tuner, so i tried to disable it, but then the other tuner made excactly the same problem. So i enabled the tuner again. The funny thing is that if delete the timer and tune the same channel/program from a client, it works perfectly ( i have checked that excactly the same tuner is used in RS)

I have atached Support.zip from RS server

attachicon.gifsupport.zip

Edit:

I use Smartwii to share my Subscription Card between my three tuners

When I experienced the same the reason was always...

1:Low signal (from LNB) Forexample I need a stronger signal on channels with high Symb.Rates For example on the channels that use 30.000 63% signal is enough and 62% is not eough.

2:the Smart-Wii was not working, generally bad signal between the main card( the transmitter) and the clone-cards.

Check in View/Filters/DVB source if there are video and audio signals..

if not, try the original card diretly into the PC, without using Smart-Wii. if still no "video" in Dvb Source..well then there is a problem with the decryption-card.

If signal works in DVB Source with the original card, then reset all Smart-wii cards and if that does not work, and check if you can get better signal from the transmitter.

I hope it works... if not, something else is wrong somewhere ..

When I experienced the same the reason was always...

1:Low signal (from LNB) Forexample I need a stronger signal on channels with high Symb.Rates For example on the channels that use 30.000 63% signal is enough and 62% is not eough.

2:the Smart-Wii was not working, generally bad signal between the main card( the transmitter) and the clone-cards.

Check in View/Filters/DVB source if there are video and audio signals..

if not, try the original card diretly into the PC, without using Smart-Wii. if still no "video" in Dvb Source..well then there is a problem with the decryption-card.

If signal works in DVB Source with the original card, then reset all Smart-wii cards and if that does not work, and check if you can get better signal from the transmitter.

I hope it works... if not, something else is wrong somewhere ..

1. If Low signal from LNB, why does it Work perfectly from a client to RS, same tuner, same program/channel?

2. Same as 1. Why is it only recordings from RS that have the problem. Live TV from a client, from same tuner/channel/program in RS works perfectly. eg. lets say i have a timer 13:00 recording xx programme on yy channel. It starts recording on tuner zz, No luck, only a hunreds of small files. I stop the recording. Open DVBViewer client on another PC, tune the same channel, and the programme views without problems. I check in RS that the same tuner is used

There is never ever problems with clients, only RS recordings

1. If Low signal from LNB, why does it Work perfectly from a client to RS, same tuner, same program/channel?

2. Same as 1. Why is it only recordings from RS that have the problem. Live TV from a client, from same tuner/channel/program in RS works perfectly. eg. lets say i have a timer 13:00 recording xx programme on yy channel. It starts recording on tuner zz, No luck, only a hunreds of small files. I stop the recording. Open DVBViewer client on another PC, tune the same channel, and the programme views without problems. I check in RS that the same tuner is used

There is never ever problems with clients, only RS recordings

I dono..

All I can say is when I had same problem it was always someting related to signals, from LNB or problems around CI/the smart-wii.

And I also had the problem only sometimes, which meant I could watch TV but not record.. some times not ..some times I could.

I think once I solved the problem by reinstaling Recordservice and DVBViewer, but not sure.

And you have no lost packets in TransEdit?

One thing : is your haddrive full or close to??.... just an idea :)

otherwise I dono.. but I can see in svcdebug that there is a problem, but not exactly what the problem is.. maybe some one else can see exactly what goes wrong?

I dono..

All I can say is when I had same problem it was always someting related to signals, from LNB or problems around CI/the smart-wii.

And I also had the problem only sometimes, which meant I could watch TV but not record.. some times not ..some times I could.

I think once I solved the problem by reinstaling Recordservice and DVBViewer, but not sure.

And you have no lost packets in TransEdit?

One thing : is your haddrive full or close to??.... just an idea :)

otherwise I dono.. but I can see in svcdebug that there is a problem, but not exactly what the problem is.. maybe some one else can see exactly what goes wrong?

Harddisk has 2 terrabyte free Space. Sattelite Dish, cabling and connectors installed by a proffesional. Connectors press mounted with a special Tool. Signal quality is good. No lost packets.

When i Watch the recording status in RS, it restarts excactly every 60 second. Therefore i think it is not recieveing data

well then you have no problems..

on the other hand, something is wrong somewhere..

Yes it restarts every 60 seconds.. I'm not so clever that I know exactly what this means, but as far as I can see ( or guess) something is wrong here:

15.12.13 15:01:06.189 TRecording ($01FDB1D0) EPG Callback: C More First HD running - 15-12-2013 12:30:00 - 2 Days in New York - 14207 - PDC:0
15.12.13 15:01:06.456 TRecording ($01FDB1D0) EPG Callback: C More First HD not running - 15-12-2013 14:05:00 - Life of Pi - 14208 - PDC:0
15.12.13 15:01:07.121 TBDACIFireDTVModule.InitModule Available
15.12.13 15:02:06.877 TRecording ($01FDB1D0) Tick No data within one minute, restarting!
15.12.13 15:02:06.882 TRecording ($01FDB1D0) H:\Recorder\2013-12-15_15-01-05_C More First HD_Life of Pi - Internationalt eventyrdrama fra 2012 af Ang Lee..ts Discontinuities: 0 - Total size: 55,81 KB - Device:FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (6)
15.12.13 15:02:07.677 TRecording Release FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (6)
15.12.13 15:02:07.677 TRecording Destroy FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (6)
15.12.13 15:02:07.690 TRecording Destroyed FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (6)
15.12.13 15:02:07.690 TRecording hamDeleted FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBS2 (6)
15.12.13 15:02:07.690 TVCR No shutdown allowed next recording: 15-12-2013 15:10:00

Found another detail: Its only one channel that makes the problem "TV 2 / Lorry".

If i start a recording in RS it restarts every 60 second, producing a new small file.

I then stop the recording.

Start DVBViewer on same machine, where DVBViewer uses RS Virtual tuner.

No problem, it just play

Can somebody tell me why i can watch the channel, but not record it?

post-26302-0-08054700-1387556870_thumb.png

Thank nobii123

I think i will downlod a new transponder list, and make a new channel scan. Its a big job, so i think i wait until New Year celebration is finished:-)

• 4 months later...

I would like to open this problem again, because it's a huge problem for me.

On some channels i can't do recordings from RS, but i can view the channel from DVBViewer without any problems

I have made a small test on my RS server

This is the channel i used:

post-26302-0-41188300-1399305191_thumb.jpg

I made a timer from RS

RS starts to record, but no data is written:

post-26302-0-01191800-1399305634_thumb.jpg

I look in the recording folder. Thousends of small files ar written:

post-26302-0-54390800-1399305333_thumb.jpg

I stop the Recording

I start DVBViewer. Tunes the same channel (using the virtual tuner from RS):

post-26302-0-08999800-1399305517_thumb.jpg

I can now view the channel, without any problem:

post-26302-0-54633000-1399305267_thumb.jpg

Support.zip atached:

support.zip

Edited by McenterFreak

I don't know.. below what I think:

When I experienced the same, and God knows I got grey hairs for months... it was always somewhere in my set up, nó matter I always first blamed Recordservice to be faulty, but..I always had to eat my own words. :)

Record Service is incredible stable..!!

Somewhere in your set-up,

antenna signal (1% is enough to make some channels unstable)

Smart-wii? ( if you have that?) have you checked DVB source under View? when the error occur? defect CI?

Tuner is faulty,,? TT-S2 here can not receive high symbolrates anymore.., don't ask why, ..that's the way it is, once it worked, now it don't, but all channels work, and some days also the high symbl rates..

Codecs?

re-scan all transponderlists in Transedit -delete the old.. find new , scan again...

SOMETIMES everything looks fine, and a new scan of the transponder solve a problem.. don't ask me why..

something is wrong somewhere, and it is not a bug in Recordservice, but a problem somewhere in your set up..

Best and sometimes the fastest thing to do is to start all over..re install ..be course the reason is not to find.... (definitely not funny I know...)

hope you can use at least some of it..

..good luck.. :)

Thx for your help @Krasno, but I think @McenterFreak should start with a fresh installation. What I can see is a total mess ;)

@McenterFreak, your RS is trying to tune with wrong PIDs. When you tune with the DVBViewer the PIDs are different (and correct) that's why you can watch the program :)

Thx for your help @Krasno, but I think @McenterFreak should start with a fresh installation. What I can see is a total mess ;)

@McenterFreak, your RS is trying to tune with wrong PIDs. When you tune with the DVBViewer the PIDs are different (and correct) that's why you can watch the program :)

Okay, I try, Again, to make a fresh installation. But why does RS use a wrong PID? I thougt that DVBViewer and RS used the same Channel.dat, if they are on the same machine?

..because your channel list isn't up-to-date? :rolleyes:

Then why does it Work in DVBViewer? Same Channel list, same machine!

How do you update the channel list of the RS?

From DVBViewer. Download .ini from KingOfSat. New channel scan in DVBViewer.

From DVBViewer. Download .ini from KingOfSat. New channel scan in DVBViewer.

Then restart the RS (stop -> start). Only after restart RS copies the new list from DVBV. And update RS & DVBViewer ;)

Then restart the RS (stop -> start). Only after restart RS copies the new list from DVBV.

This I know, i have been using both for many, many years

I didn't want to update RS and DVBViewer before the problem was solved. This problem is not described in the changelog, so i don't think it is solved in a newer version. But anyway, i will do a complete reinstall of win 8.1 and all other service and programs :-(

This problem is not described in the changelog, so i don't think it is solved in a newer version.

No, because you are the problem ;) It has been mentioned many times before..

• Like 1

Why are you Germans so rude!!

You wrote:

..because your channel list isn't up-to-date

I answered:

Then why does it Work in DVBViewer? Same Channel list, same machine!

You wrote:

How do you update the channel list of the RS?

I answered:

From DVBViewer. Download .ini from KingOfSat. New channel scan in DVBViewer

I then told you, that i know i need to stop the service and start it Again

I also said i would do a complete reinstall, as you advised

But then you say: You (me) are the problem!

Why?

But then you say: You (me) are the problem!

Why?

My way is more excotic, and exciting!!!

No, kidding. You are rigth. I didnt now this, and i will use it in the future. Thanks for the tip!

:laughing::beer:

And thies statements should mark me as a problem Forum User?

Come on. Be a Little patient with us, and speak politely

@McenterFreak:

maybe the difference in the PID tuned in between DVBViewer & RS can be related to "Setting" - "Options" - "TV/Radio" - "Automatic channel data update": when checked and you tune a channel with a wrong (old) PID list, DVBViewer can automagically update the PID list with the correct values, but, AFAIK, don't save the updated the values into the channel list file);

conversely RS, that don't seem to have this feature, strictly relay on the saved channel file PIDs, hence use the wrong (old) PID values...
Give it a try simply updating one of the problematic channel...
Ah, another clue can be that - AFAIK - KingOfSat channel listing don't have all the info nedded by DVBVewer/RS, IMHO it's way better to use Transedit to update channels...
Good luke and let us know... :bye:

@McenterFreak:

maybe the difference in the PID tuned in between DVBViewer & RS can be related to "Setting" - "Options" - "TV/Radio" - "Automatic channel data update": when checked and you tune a channel with a wrong (old) PID list, DVBViewer can automagically update the PID list with the correct values, but, AFAIK, don't save the updated the values into the channel list file);

conversely RS, that don't seem to have this feature, strictly relay on the saved channel file PIDs, hence use the wrong (old) PID values...

Ah, another clue can be that - AFAIK - KingOfSat channel listing don't have all the info nedded by DVBVewer/RS, IMHO it's way better to use Transedit to update channels...

Thank you Gioxy. I am very happy that you could sort this out. I seems like a very good explanation. I will do a reinstall and try with Transedit (KingOfSat was a very easy solution, just download a .ini file, then scan)

@McenterFreak:

Sorry, but it doesn't work like this.

If DVBViewer's channel_auto_update function works, the new PIDs will be stored permanently.

Using a Kingofsat.ini with missing parameters for a transedit scan will either yield the correct channel PIDs or nothing depending on the hardware.

It's true that RS doesn't update wrong channel data. RS uses a copy of DVBViewer's channel list. As long as the RS isn't stopped and restarted this copy won't be updated. For a timer only a referrer (channel_ID) is sent but not the PIDs. Hence wrong PIDs in the RS channel list will result in short ts_fragments containing only PAT/PMT. IMHO this mechanism needs a fix :rolleyes:

It's true that RS doesn't update wrong channel data. RS uses a copy of DVBViewer's channel list. As long as the RS isn't stopped and restarted this copy won't be updated. For a timer only a referrer (channel_ID) is sent but not the PIDs. Hence wrong PIDs in the RS channel list will result in short ts_fragments containing only PAT/PMT. IMHO this mechanism needs a fix :rolleyes:

For example cable broadcaster UPC Czech republic broadcast on frequency 170.5 MHz (QAM 64) informations for tunning set-top-boxes. Maybe this (and similar) can be used Recording service for repair wrong PIDs when are recorded short ts_fragments containing only PAT/PMT. Occasionally broadcaster changes (without warning) PIDs for video/audio and then timer is not recorded. And when timer is not recorded then I am VERY VERY unhappy.

For example cable broadcaster UPC Czech republic broadcast on frequency 170.5 MHz (QAM 64) informations for tunning set-top-boxes. Maybe this (and similar) can be used Recording service for repair wrong PIDs when are recorded short ts_fragments containing only PAT/PMT. Occasionally broadcaster changes (without warning) PIDs for video/audio and then timer is not recorded.

There are many schemes some of them use proprietary methods. It would be enough if the RS could keep track with changes of the DVBViewer's channel list.

... It would be enough if the RS could keep track with changes of the DVBViewer's channel list.

But I am using only Recording service (of course, for first tunning I have to use DVBViewer).

Edited by jirim100

There are many schemes some of them use proprietary methods. It would be enough if the RS could keep track with changes of the DVBViewer's channel list.

This would not be enough for installations with a dedicated Server where DVBViewer is never started.....

Sorry, but it doesn't work like this.

If DVBViewer's channel_auto_update function works, the new PIDs will be stored permanently.

Welcome and thanks for clarify that...

As long as the RS isn't stopped and restarted this copy won't be updated. For a timer only a referrer (channel_ID) is sent but not the PIDs. Hence wrong PIDs in the RS channel list will result in short ts_fragments containing only PAT/PMT. IMHO this mechanism needs a fix

Or, what about provide AutoUpdate feature to RS? Even without the ability of update the channels file...

Thereby (...at least in my limited vision...) RS would have the possibility to cope with even the last-minute PID changes...

:bye:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello for everybody experience that .
Thas happened to me
I use succesfully over many years tuner prof revolution dvb-s2 7500 usb and I installed
The newest DVBViewer_setup_5_3_1 and all additional features
later I started to record programs directly from DVBViewer
Going to DVBViever->TV/Radio->Timer Recording and using
date and starts and channel list easily you record all programed recording.
Using EGP window I tested and programmed for futher recording and as well
all is working perfectly .

Not so long ago I installed svc_setup_1.29.0-
and when I actived DVBViever Recording service 1.29.0 Beta I experienced what follows:
1. Coding channels
In this recording service automatically splits a recording into many many pieces into small size every 2 minutes and I'm not able to playback this by any player is not readeable
2.Not Coding Channels
In this recording service ther is no any splits of recording into many many pieces and all workong perfectly.
So if I can say DVBViever Recording service 1.29.0 Beta is very good program with absolutely the best web interface for recording not Coded channels.
What to do and what kind of arrangements to be done in order to record coded programs without spilitting on small not readeable video files.?
Regards
Andemanonepost-144695-0-25827400-1401876081_thumb.jpg

:lbounce:

Edited by andemanone

What to do and what kind of arrangements to be done in order to record coded programs without spilitting on small not readeable video files.?

According to the policy on this board you'll need a CI which your card doesn't have.