Problem with subtitle.

Residentcl

Hello to all. I tell my problem.
I'm looking at the caption option on a canal in ISDB-TB.
A look at what goes subtitle cutting means and / or some portion is fixed subtitle.

Here's a video to see how it goes the subtitle:
http://youtu.be/ZgzMklmQPhs

Here the raw file directly from DVBViewer channel with the caption:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ixRDSKrL!_0oohwrCjHO1wnHu3WJGJ8JWZkHKOKwn5nYeMF4rTu8

Sorry for my English!

Greetings to all.

support.zip

Edited by Griga
Here the raw file directly from DVBViewer channel with the caption:

Thanks for the sample. I can see the subtitle problem. It will be checked.

From which country is it? Chile? Up to now we have only tested ISDB subtitles from Brazil and Japan, which were ok.

Yes. From Chile

Cool :) Far out. The first file from Chile in my collection.

I have analyzed the problem, and I can tell you why it happens. The broadcaster uses a bad method for clearing subtitles. It overwrites the subtitles by new text and spaces, instead of using the standard ISDB CS command (Clear Screen).

This does not work correctly in DVBViewer, because for ISDB subtitles it uses a proportional font (Tahoma) where each character has a different size (see here). It would work with a fixed character size font like Courier New, but unfortunately DVBViewer does not allow to select the ISDB subtitle font. This will be changed in the next version.

If you are interested I can upload a DVBViewer GE test version that allows to select the ISDB subtitle font, so you can check how it works. DVBViewer GE can be installed additionally to DVBViewer Pro.

You can also ask the broadcaster to fix the problem. Send him the technical information that I have attached below. It shows why it works with a Brazilian SBT HD broadcast, but not with the Chilean UCV HD broadcast (look for the <==== marks).

ISDB_Captions_Technical_Information.txt

Ok, first download DVBViewer GE 3.5.1 from the customer area and install it in a separate directory (read the ReadMe in the DVBViewer GE ZIP!).

Then download DVBViewer GE ISDB Test 3.5.1.5 from the customer area -> beta section and replace the files in your 3.5.1 installation by the new ones.

You can select the font on Settings -> Options -> EPG & Teletext -> Teletext Settings -> Font. It is now also used for ISDB subtitles. It should work without changes, because the default font is Courier New. Another suitable fixed size font is DejaVu Sans Mono, that looks a bit better.

Please tell me how it works. Here it does with your sample file.