Few issues with recording service

MCE2012

Hi,

Ive recently switched over to using DVBViewer and have some issues with the recording service.

1) The recording service keeps randomly stopping and i cannot re-start it from the tray icon. I have to reboot my PC.

2) The recordings service 'web interface' randomly stops working... which causes 'unable to parse timers' error within Kodi and hence I have to reboot my PC. Ive tested this also with DVBViewer Pro and when the RS fails DVBViewer Pro also fails.

Not sure why this is happening. I've changed ports with no success.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by MCE2012
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive recently switched over to using DVBViewer and have some issues with the recording service.

1) The recording service keeps randomly stopping and i cannot re-start it from the tray icon. I have to reboot my PC.

2) The recordings service 'web interface' randomly stops working... which causes 'unable to parse timers' error within Kodi and hence I have to reboot my PC. Ive tested this also with DVBViewer Pro and when the RS fails DVBViewer Pro also fails.

Not sure why this is happening. I've changed ports with no success.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

In broad strokes:

1) That kind of "crash" usually happens due to faulty dvb device hardware or not entirely OS compatible dvb device drivers.

2) Could be related to the first issue.