How to configure RS with Megasat Server SAT>IP 3

e123enitan

Due to an increase in my local clients, I bought MegaSat SAT> IP 3 which hopefully will accommodate 8 clients, but at this point, I am not even sure how to connect the unit with RS, but I am counting that if since DVBViewer is capable of SAT>IP it should be able to communicate with Megasat, as I have read success stories of similar configurations in TVheaded forum.

Appreciate, if the SME here could provide some guidelines to how I can link RS to Meagsat.

Thanks

https://www.megasat.tv/en/produkte/megasat-satip-server-3-2/

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

(RS) Options > Hardware >> Add > RTSP Network device >> Select the Server if detected or enter the IP of the Sat>IP if not > OK
Repeat that for as many tuner of the Sat>IP server the RS should use. The RS uses one tuner per RTSP device.

And then remove the RTSP in the DVBViewer pointing to the Sat>IP server directly with one pointing to the RS.

(RS) Options > Hardware >> Add > RTSP Network device >> Select the Server if detected or enter the IP of the Sat>IP if not > OK

Repeat that for as many tuner of the Sat>IP server the RS should use. The RS uses one tuner per RTSP device.

And then remove the RTSP in the DVBViewer pointing to the Sat>IP server directly with one pointing to the RS.

Hi I found under the RS, the Sat>IP Server (MegaSat), it was already recognised by RS, so I simply add four SAT>IP, I am not sure if this should be four or eight, my thought is since the receiver has four at the back then I need four, but the system allows for eight users, so should leave it at four or increase to eight?

As mentioned above initially I was using TBS Tv Card which works fine, due to increase in clients, I make the decision to try SAT>IP with more clients and I don't have to mess with my computer since I have run out of space in the pc motherboard to add another card.

That been said since I have already scanned my desire channels through TBS card and stored in DVBViewer and the setup is working fine, so my question is, do I need to rescanning the process again? or the existing scanned channels should work and I am done appreciate your input as usual.

Cheers!

If nothing more e.g. DiSEqC setting have changed a existing channel list should word.

Hi I found under the RS, the Sat>IP Server (MegaSat), it was already recognised by RS, so I simply add four SAT>IP, I am not sure if this should be four or eight, my thought is since the receiver has four at the back then I need four, but the system allows for eight users, so should leave it at four or increase to eight?

As fare as I can see the Sat>IP server has 8 tuners. But that is not 100% clear in there documentation on the website.

How much tuner you add to the RS depends on the over all configuration. How much clients consent to the server via RS and how much clients connect direct to the server.

do I need to rescanning the process again

I am using Triax TSS400 which looks very similar to the Megasat box. I'd be interested to know if you can do a full channel scan via the Megasat device without duplicated or omitted transponders in the final channel list [not always easy to spot unless a favourite channel is obviously missing or duplicated!]. My TSS400 (original, not Mk2 version) seems to do this randomly, something I've never been able to resolve - so I have to keep an old USB tuner just for channel scans!

Hi just received the Turner, still familiarizing myself with program therein, totally new experience for me.So far that I can tell, there isn't any option or feature in mega sat which allows for channels scanning. At first I was confused but after several research this type of unit sat>ip still require a dvb software that support same sat ip protocol before it can be utilize I may be wrong as my knowledge of this set up is completely zero.

Anyway, it would be nice to share experiences as things progresses may be we learn from each other to manage our system more efficiently.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan
So far that I can tell, there isn't any option or feature in mega sat which allows for channels scanning.

That's by design. A pure Sat>IP server is nothing but a (remote) network tuner with built-in stream filter (more technically: PID filter). It selectively delivers data, but has no idea what this data is. It knows nothing about channels, video, audio etc. Everything that requires more DVB know-how is up to the clients that select and receive the data.