Scheduler creates Win-Tasks without password

Hello,

I installed DVBViewer Pro 3.2.6.80 and a new version of the scheduler-plugin (date from 03/10/2005).

I can define timer-recordings and ich can start the scheduler. If I start the scheduler, in Windows is created a tasks. But the task does not start because of an error "Der Vorgang konnte nicht gestartet werden" ("task could not be started").

If I hava a look to the win-task i can see that all things are correct defined. Only the password in the win-task is blank. If I writte the password manually in the win-task, it is able to start the task.

I could not find the problem why the scheduler do not transfer the password to the win-task.

In the scheduler program I have defined in 'execute as' my computername and user ("computername\username") and the correct password. In the file scheduler.ini i can see user and password encrypted.

In the DVBViewer.log i can read the following error:

03.01.2006 11:28:33 Scheduler Error 80070005 - pIPersistFile.Save() failed

Before the new computer-installation I used DVBViewer 3.2.5 and Scheduler (Version ?) without any problems.

I have searched the board and tried many things, but i had no success.

One thing i can't test: uninstall the Win-Patch KB841873

I installed Windows XP Prof with integrated SP2 and Hotfixes up to 10/2005. Because of this i can't uninstall the Patch. I can't see it in Update section in software-control in windows. Can i uninstall the patch by another way?

Another Question:

Could be the reason that scheduler don't write the user and password into the task?

If i open the windows task properties of an scheduler created task, i can see the user and the password. Always the name is the user of the login and password is blank (i have a password for my user!).

First time, the user for scheduler and windows-login are the same. Then i tried to create a new user und wrote it in the scheduler 'execute as'. But in the win-task always i see the Login-User and blank password.

Could someone help?

German is very good. My answer in english, because of the english thread...

With beta version of scheduler i had no success. There is no difference between beta and stable version 1.8.2 unless in windows task properties the option 'nur starten wenn angemeldet' (only start if logged in) and the password-button is disabled.

Something more informations to the beta.

I deleted the scheduler.ini before installing the beta version.

------------------------------------

DVBViewer.log after using beta version:

04.01.2006 13:29:29 Scheduler Error 80070005 - pIPersistFile.Save() failed

SchedLGu.txt:

"ZDF (deu) 04-01-2006 14-00-00 test.job" (Scheduler.exe) 04.01.2006 13:21:29 ** FEHLER **

Für den angegebenen Task wurden keine Kontoinformationen gefunden. Der Task wurde daher nicht ausgeführt. Entweder ist ein Fehler aufgetreten, oder es sind keine Kontoinformationen für diesen Task vorhanden..

Der genaue Fehler ist:

0x8004130f: In der Sicherheitsdatenbank des Taskplaners wurden keine Kontoinformationen für den angegebenen Task gefunden.

I have checked correct username and password in scheduler. I have checked that user in windows is created and logged in with correct password.

success!!! :rolleyes:

In usermode=0 i can use the scheduler without any problems. A first test was successful. At the moment i use the beta version of scheduler 1.8.3

In the next days I will check the usermode-configuration at stable version of scheduler 1.8.2

Could it be, that scheduler writes no username and password in the windows task, if usermode not 0 ?

It seems to be a little Bug.

I will fix it.

Please move the German postings to the German part of the forum, or translate them.
OK, i will do it later.

@Hartwig: I had the same problem some days ago, due to a bug in my scheduler code. The scheduler.ini path wasn't read from the UserMode.ini here:

function TfrmScheduler.Sync: Boolean;
//...
begin
 Scheduler:=TDVBScheduler.create(FilePath+LauncherName,
   GetConfigPath(SchedulerIniName,false),DVBPass);

It lets the app read the wrong scheduler.ini. Gets easily overlooked. That's why I asked for the UserMode.ini.

I tested the new beta version in usermode 0, 1 and 2. Now the scheduler works in all usermodes. The bugfix is tested.

Thank you for your help! Your support - espacially your quick answer and quick fix - was great!