SkyStar 2 developers documentation!?!?

gene

Hello guys,

is there anyone who can tell me where to get SkyStar 2 developers documentation (API/SDK) ?

I'd like to develop a software for this card but I couldn't get any information about it.

Thanks in advance for your reply :rolleyes:

Gene.

You won't get more attention just by posting multiple times - only increasing contempt....

Cheers from Ireland

Matthy

• 2 weeks later...

And to actually answer your posting, I just spoke to a Technisat person that told me they do not provide API/SDK, there's no public documentation. What docs they got, I suppose they've paid for it to B2C2 and signed some licensing agreement.

Thus, if you want to develop for the SkyStar2, the cheapest way is to search a position with Technisat

:)

Marfi has implemented the B2C2.DLL, which has just a handful of calls. No need for a blown sdk. He also has written the marvelous SkyAVC DS filter, which is the base of DVBViewer and dvbportal.

--

Crypto

Guest hackbart

Yes, you can alternatively also use the streamreader.dll, which has been made by marfi and me. It is part of the DVBWorkshop of dvingena.

Christian

Interesting information. Can you please indulge with a newbie and give more details as to who is Marfi, how can one contact him and/or where is the B2C2.dll to be found and where are the B2C2.DLL calls documented ?

Thanks in advance

You won't get more attention just by posting multiple times - only increasing contempt....

Cheers from Ireland

Matthy

Hi Gene,

I feel I still owe you an apology for that.... It wasn't your fault.

Cheers from Ireland,

Matthy

Christian, I didn't know you were also involved in the streamreader development. As far as I know, do b2c2.dll and streamreader.dll share the same api. This is actually what I used for my first tests on SS2. I really liked it, to have access to the transport stream, the base to all my later experiments. Thanks for starting the project.

@all

streamreader api is documented at DVinGena's DVB Workshop. Have a look at:

http://www.dvingena.dr.ag/