b2v2 mpeg filter

giuliano

Hi,

I'm using 1.99 on a winxp pro machine. After starting DVBViewer I get a "Cannot create B"C" MPEG Filetr, error: 80004005" error message and obviously no audio/video at all. I tried reinstalling the drivers/application (4.2.2) and DVBViewer with no changes. I tried to reinstall also the mpeg codecs (I have powerdvd xp and the nimo pack too).

When I try to close DVBViewer it hangs and I have to kill it using the trask manager.

Any idea on how to solve this ?

TIA

Giuliano

The first thing I would try is to switch off power for a moment - not with that button at the front, but with the switch at the back side, or by unplugging your PC.

Sometimes, when the driver crashes, it sets the SkyStar card to an "unhealthy" state, so it has to be reset by interrupting the power supply.

I hope this helps!

Griga

runs TV4PC ? Are you as admin or as normal user on your pc (maybe a rights problem)? Have you this problems since 1.99 or also earlyer?

There could be a lot of problems:

- firewall (closed port), ip conflict (the ss2 have the same ip as an other network card) , conflict in hardware (look at the hardwaremanager for IRQ-conflict) , heatproblem of the card (the ss2 is a very headable card put it in a slot far away from your graficcard) , defect cable or dish (control it with running setup4pc) and so on ...

Maybe some of this hints helps.

cheers

Steffen

Hi,

Thanks for the replys.

At this time I have no firewall set, so this can't be the problem.

I tryed to unplug the PC from power with no luck.

Running DVBViewer as administrator don't remove the prblem.

I can watch TV using TV4PC.

Any other idea ?

thanks

giuliano

Running DVBViewer as administrator don't remove the prblem.
Have you installed the viewer as user or as admin? Not all software which was installed as user runs as admin! Try to install it as admin and than give the normal users the rights for the viewer directory and for the other b2c2 components! (or give him during the installation admin rights)

The rights management in XP is not a trivial problem <_<

After that have a look at the options of the viewer an look which codec he want to use. (options --> Direct Show Filters --> Marfis Renderer) and use Cyberlink Codec.

Under Enhanced try some other Render Core (Skystar2 Renderer 4.2x).

I use this PC only as Administrator (in fact there are no other users).

I tried all the renderer with no luck. Now I get the following exactly 3 times out of 4 (error - error - error - no error) "Exception EAccassViolation in modul Sjy2PCAVSrc.ax bei 000051B4. Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 1D1C54B4 in Modul 'Sky2PCAVsrc.ax'. Lesen von Adresse 01240094". The 4th time I run DVBViewer it hangs as I try to change current channel".

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 1D1C54B4 in Modul 'Sky2PCAVsrc.ax'
I found this file in C:\Programme\TechniSat DVB\bin

I renamed it to Sky2PCAVscr.ax.old and started the DVBViewer and he work. So i think he dont need this file. If this file make problems, rename it (dont delete maybe you need thes file later) and test the viewer now. Maybe he will run.

cheers

Steffen

Sky2PCAVscr.ax is a source filter. It can be replaced by Marfis Renderer (which is a source filter too), otherwise it is needed.

@giuliano: Please check, if there is a file SkyDLL.DLL in your Windows/System32 folder. If not, the installation wasn't correct (the data application for internet via Satellite missing... but the DVBViewer needs this file).

Griga

Sky2PCAVscr.ax is a source filter. It can be replaced by Marfis Renderer (which is a source filter too), otherwise it is needed.

@giuliano: Please check, if there is a file SkyDLL.DLL in your Windows/System32 folder. If not, the installation wasn't correct (the data application for internet via Satellite is missing... but the DVBViewer needs this file).

Griga

P.S. Sorry for double-posting - got an error here...

OK, I renamed the Sky2AVSrc.ax file and I get only the B2C2 Mpeg filter error. I have the sjy2dll.dll fil in my system32 directory. it's 106496 bytes , dated 04/06/2002

giuliano