Multiple Dvbserver

artkal

Could somebody help me configuring multiple DVBServers to one PC?

Currently I have 4 PC's in my 1GB home LAN, 2 PC's have DVB cards with DVBServers running. I have had following working system:

1" PC DVB-C card direclty used by DVBViewer and DVB-S card used by DVBServer (unicast)

2" PC DVB-C card used by DVBServer (unicast) and DVBViewer uses two Unicast Network Clients, one for DVB-C and one for DVB-S

3" and 4" PC's two Unicast Network Clients, one for DVB-C and one for DVB-S

Now I wanted to add to 2" PC one DVB-S card (because I have disc with two LNG's and I wanted to stream both LNG's to LAN at the same time). I copied the whole DVBViewer folder to another drive and renamed in to DVBServer_S2, but when I tried to run DVBServer it wont start ? In one PC I can start only one DVBServer at the time, the second one does't start. Is it so that there can be running only one DVBserver at the time in one PC? I have latest DVBViewer (3.6.1.20) and I tried to use different ports in DVBServers.

Both DVBServers are running fine alone, and also the first started keeps running and second one doesn's start.

You have to make sure the usermode in usermode.ini is set in every DVBViewer folder on one pc to 0.

Otherwise they will point all to the same datafolder and this means only one instance at a given time will run.

Usermode is set to 0 (was already I did'n change it), but unable to start two DVBServers at the time.

Also another problem just came up. On my 1" PC (in livingroom TV) all the DVB-C and DVB-S Hotbird (DVBServer on same PC) channels are fine, but DVB-S Astra from DVBServer 2 does't work.

Some backround: on my 1" PC I scanned DVB-C and DVB-S Hotbird channels, then I set DVB-S to Do not use, started DVBServer (Hotbird server) and set up Unicast Network Client 1 (so far everything is fine).

Then I ran uppstairs to 2" PC, scanned DVB-S Astra Channels, exported Astra channels to .ini, started DVBServer 2 (Astra server).

Back to livingroom and imported Astra channels, setup Unicast Network SClient 2, but now in channel list when I point to DVB-C or Hotbird channels all is fine, but when I point Astra channels the Hotbird server shows still client connetcted (Astra server shows no client connected) and no channels visible (or hearable). If I put Hotbird Unicast Network Client to Do not use, Astra channels (and server too) starts to work fine.

Well this is a little complicated. The DVBViewer has no knowledge about hotbird or Astra. He only see a dvb-s channel and takes the first available dvb-s source.

So you have to tell the DVBViewer (on the 1" pc) which channels belong to which card.

1. In Options|Hardware set for the unicast device Channelgroup C only active. for the hotbird dvb-s device set only Channelgroup A active.

2. In the Channeleditor Select the Astra Root and select channelgroup C. The Hotbird stuff should be per default Channelgroup-A, no change necessary.

Multiple sources with multiple servers and multiple unicast devices, each server paired with a corresponding client device by an assigned group (max 3), works well. But apparently the favorites do not remember their group. ;)

Followed Lars_MQ's advice and now Satellite server's are fine, still not yet managed to start up two DVBServers at the same PC.

Some more information:

DVBViever is installad to C:\Program Files\DVBViewer (and here I tried to startup DVB-C server), usermode.ini as follows:

[Mode]

UserMode=0

Root=CMUV\DVBViewer

[Card]

Unicast=3

Satellite (Astra) Server is installed to D:\TVServer-S2, usermode.ini as follows:

[Mode]

UserMode=0

Root=CMUV\TVServer-S2

[Card]

Unicast=2

As mentioned before both DVBServers are fine alone, but the second one does'n start. After failure start the DVBServer debug window show's:

11.4.2007 17:41:00 -- Server Start --

11.4.2007 17:41:01 TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-C Tuner

11.4.2007 17:41:01 --- Start Server

Settins window shows as it is started (all light grey and inactive) but START button is active (and Unicast Network Device cannot connect to server) and after pressing START button debug is as follow's:

11.4.2007 17:41:00 -- Server Start --

11.4.2007 17:41:01 TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-C Tuner

11.4.2007 17:41:01 --- Start Server

11.4.2007 17:48:11 TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-C Tuner

11.4.2007 17:48:11 No device!

I've put the 2nd server in a new folder inside the DVBViewer. Both work ok. The left server (including CI :rolleyes: ) is connected to a local client. The right server is connected to a remote client. In the example it's the cbs feed on 16E which is a perfect constant rate stream. Dunno where the spikes come from. The bitrates shown at the servers are apparently wrong, but that was mentioned already a couple of times so don't care :D

just copy the server.exe to a new folder (e.g. server_2). When starting this exe, new files (hardware.xml, server.xml ...) will be created. I use the same settings as for the 1st server, except a different card of course and an increment by 1 for the ports (e.g. 4012 -> 4013)

Thank's a lot Derrick and Lars_MQ, now I have 3 well functioning DVBServer and 4 PC's connected to those.

I remember that earlier I read another thread (not sure was it here or DVDPlaza in Finland) where somebody mentioned that he has copied whole DVBViewer folder for 2nd server (because he did'n know what files were needed) and I did the same. Now I copied only DVBServer.exe to directory C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Server2 and all is fine by now.