Norwegian DVB-T AAC latest Terratec Beta Cinenma (3.41)

digidigi

Hello,

Any tips how to get the Norwegian DVB-T & AAC to work in DVBViewer?

I have installed Terratec Piranha, and I get video and audio in Home Cinema just fine, but in DVBViewer (3.9.1) I still get the error message 0x80040200 (Unknown media type) every time I tune in to a channel with AAC audio.

I have seleted Cyberlink Audio Decoder (Terratec) but still no audio.

I have tried with both Hauppauge PVR 4000 and Terratec Piranha, with no luck.

Any sugestions? custom graphs?

System:

WinXP SP2

Cyberlink Powerdvb 7.3 with latest patch

Terratec Home Cinema 3.41 Beta

DVBViewer 3.9.1

ATI HD 2400 Pro

Thanks,

Digi

Edited by digidigi

Download DVBViewer Filter 2.9.2 from the members area, plugins section, and read the ReadMe.

After replacing version 2.9.1.1 (installed with DVBViewer Pro 3.9.1) by the new version AAC audio should work with the CyberLink decoder and the HVR 4000, but most likely not with the Piranha (in DVBViewer), since it is an USB 1.1 device that requires special support - not yet implemented in DVBViewer.

And be welcome as a beta tester ;) Try all functions that may be related to AAC audio and give us feedback.

And be welcome as a beta tester ;) Try all functions that may be related to AAC audio and give us feedback.

Thanks!!!!,

Norwegian DVB-T with AAC works now with HVR 4000, but not with Piranha (does not mather to me).

However, I'm notest that chaning channels now is much slower (sometime 10-12 seconds) especialy when I change betweene MPEG4-MPEG2 channels, i'ts the same result on sat and terestial.

The best result for me was to unregister and remove everything related to the latetest Terratec install (Both App and Driver), but I did keep the audio codecs and it's license files.

I then re-installed PowerDVB and now Its running ok, still a bit slow when chaning channels, I will look more into it tomorrow.

Again Thanks for your help.

However, I'm notest that chaning channels now is much slower (sometime 10-12 seconds) especialy when I change betweene MPEG4-MPEG2 channels,

It's a known issue of the CyberLink decoder when dealing with LATM AAC streams that it needs up to 10 seconds to get into sync. Maybe part of the problem.

But we hope that we can present a better solution soon - for everybody in Norway, not only for owners of the TerraTec Piranha. The open source community has not been lazy in the past weeks. It still requires some DVB resp. DVBViewer related adjustments... well, we'll see ;)