Vista / EVR color problem

blobo

I'm Running Vista Professional (32bit) on my thinkpad x61s laptop. I'm having troubles getting EVR to work with DVBViewer. EVR works well with programs like MPC homecinema, but in DVBViewer the colors seem to be messed up.

The reasons why i would like to use EVR:

1) VMR9 causes DVBViewer to crash on startup

2) Overlay is not usable since I use external monitor with extended desktop setting, and with overlay the picture only shows up on the primary display

3) VMR7 is the only one which seems to work, however, i get a lot of frame drops while using it.

Besides the color problem, EVR seems to run smoothly without dropped frames or what so ever.

Here is a sample picture of the problem:

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=64238742sn9.jpg

I have a very strong feeling that the problem has something to do with my graphics adapter drivers.. however, i'm using the newest ones provided by IBM, so there's not much to be done there.. Intel provides newer drivers already, but they will not install on my laptop (tells me to get the newest driver from lenovo)...

Just thought to ask if someone else has had similar problems, or if there is some settings i should try to change.

I'm using the newest 3.9.2 version and "Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family" driver is dated 13.9.2007 (7.14.10.1329)

support.zip

Edited by blobo
  • 2 weeks later...

same thing happens to me, i'm iusing an Intel 945M chipset which has the GMA950 i beleive, using latest drivers from intel.

i dont actuially use the EVR so i'm not too bothered, but i can confirm this 'issue'

• 1 month later...

Same here. I am using EVR on a media PC running on an Intel 945GT graphics adapter. It is nice and smooth with EVR on, but three out of seven channels show this colour problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Contacted Intel... After a couple of e-mails where I provided versions, system information, etc they asked me to contact the board manufacturer.

Since more people have this problem and from what I found in my own board it sees to be only on Intel 945 Chipsets, I think I will contact them again...

• 4 months later...
Contacted Intel... After a couple of e-mails where I provided versions, system information, etc they asked me to contact the board manufacturer.

Since more people have this problem and from what I found in my own board it sees to be only on Intel 945 Chipsets, I think I will contact them again...

Also on my ASUS P5E VM HDMI intel G35 (X3500) chipset.

Did not have this problem on my abit fata1ity-hd90 board.

/Nicholas

Also on my ASUS P5E VM HDMI intel G35 (X3500) chipset.

Did not have this problem on my abit fata1ity-hd90 board.

/Nicholas

I also have the same MB and the same problem, Vista Ultimate 32 bit, although the EVR displays ok on the HD channels.

Vondoogle

I also have the same MB and the same problem, Vista Ultimate 32 bit, although the EVR displays ok on the HD channels.

Vondoogle

Its listed as a bug(limitation) by Intel in their release notes for the latest driver dated August 22, its clearly nothing they are in a hurry to fix (or maybe even can fix)

I need to use VMR7 / VMR9

/Nicholas