Chinese Character problem

LamSoft

I downloaded the latest DVBViewer..

I found that the DVBViewer is still unable to display the chinese character in EPG in the first tab, but OK in the third and forth tab, but at the forth tab, the chinese character is overlapped...

May I know it is a bug and how to fix it? Thanks

snap2302.jpg

snap3254.jpg

snap4219.jpg

post-63128-1215151224_thumb.jpg

In the membersarea at the very bottom (just scroll down all the way) is a testversion for the chinese EPG window probs. Please test. :rolleyes:

In the membersarea at the very bottom (just scroll down all the way) is a testversion for the chinese EPG window probs. Please test. :rolleyes:

I tested it.

The EPG on 1st & 2nd tab cannot display...

In addition, when click on the timeline, it cannot show the details of the tv program.

Could you please post here or send via PM your channels.dat and the epg.dat file? Otherwise I'm just poking around in the dark and this is not very productive :rolleyes:

The DVBViewertest.exe did fix the overlap problem in the forth tab, but in the first tab, the chinese character are also cannot correctly displayed, thank you.

Could you please post here or send via PM your channels.dat and the epg.dat file? Otherwise I'm just poking around in the dark and this is not very productive :rolleyes:

Oh, I found 3.9.4.0 also has this problem.

But I cannot sure this problem is or is not occur by I tested 3.9.4.11...

PS.

I manually modify the channel name from English to Chinese,

the left hand side cannot show the chinese character correctly, but on the right hand side it shows correctly, it seems that there is a font problem..

I am using Windows XP English Version (sp3), which has set to "Chinese (Taiwan)" to non-unicode program and installed Asian language font file in the windows XP.

snap2949.jpg

In the membersarea at the very bottom (just scroll down all the way) is a testversion for the chinese EPG window probs. Please test.

In the membersarea at the very bottom (just scroll down all the way) is a testversion for the chinese EPG window probs. Please test.

It works now ! ;)

Thank you very much~

However, the only "bug" that is not be fix is the wrong character like this:

11lkfn6.png

OK help me, what is wrong there?

BTW try the OSD, some parts should now also work. You might have to change the font in the fonts.xml in the OSDSkins folder.

OK help me, what is wrong there?

BTW try the OSD, some parts should now also work. You might have to change the font in the fonts.xml in the OSDSkins folder.

These word are not show in Big-5.

ç´æ•²æ•¯ - Audio, stereo (2 channel)

癩摥漬???ç°æ•£ç ç‰¡ç‘©æ¼¬â€²? - Video, 4:3, 25 Hz

Edited by Gary Lam

Yes, that's correct, they are not part of the transmitted EPG but descriptions made by the DVBViewer to make some information human readable. It could be changed by putting the stuff into the language files, but at the moment, I would prefer not to change so much in this area. ;)

Yes, that's correct, they are not part of the transmitted EPG but descriptions made by the DVBViewer to make some information human readable. It could be changed by putting the stuff into the language files, but at the moment, I would prefer not to change so much in this area. ;)

I see~

Thanks for your help :bye:

Edited by Gary Lam
  • 6 months later...
I downloaded the latest beta version and the chinese character problem is fixed

Thank you very much!!!

I'm using DVBViewer Pro 4 now,

Need to fix double character support in DVBViewer.

post-76078-1232680253_thumb.jpg

Edited by `Henry`