DVBViewer troubleshooting (debuggin or logging)

oberon_dvbsbridge

Goodday,

I am here to plead for help. We have recently discovered that our DVBSBridge plugin for DVBViewer has (sometimes) problems working correctly when DVBViewer runs under service. More precisely, when DVBViewer is started under currently logged on user everything works correctly. However when DVBViewer is started from under the service than (almost) all channel change requests time out - e.g. after PostMessage(m_DVWnd, WM_DVBVIEWER, MSG_SETCHANNEL, (LPARAM)&m_ChChangeData) my plugin does not receive Execute callback.

We are desperately trying to understand what the problem is but our efforts has failed so far as the issue is somewhere inside DVBViewer. Hence the question - is there any logging/debugging/reporting facility with DVBViewer to understand what the problem is - maybe a log file or debugview logging or smth else. It would help us tremendously.

Big-big thanks in advance. Should you need more details please feel free to ask me here or via PM or via e-mail.

As far as I know, you can't send or postmessage to a service (or into annother useraccount). It doesn't work at least for the recording service, I tried it in every way, no chance. ;)

Make sure you start the DVBViewer with the -debug commandline. Then you see if it reacts (tunes) to your postmessages.

Oh and important make sure in the usermode.ini the usermode is set to 2 or 0. If you use 0 you have to make sure the account the service runs in has full access to the DVBViewer program folder (and subfolders).