Guide for conversion: .TS to DVD?

larsras

Hi

Is it possible to find a complete guide for how to convert a recorded .TS file with Subtitles, to something that is ready to burn on a DVD with the subtitles included?

br Lars

Is it possible to find a complete guide for how to convert a recorded .TS file with Subtitles, to something that is ready to burn on a DVD with the subtitles included?
I belive you can find several of them for differnt applications.

But which subtitles you are talking DVBsubs or teletext ?

Which programs you use (or does it matter) ?

Which languages are possible for you ?

I belive you can find several of them for differnt applications.

But which subtitles you are talking DVBsubs or teletext ?

Which programs you use (or does it matter) ?

Which languages are possible for you ?

Hi

I actually don't know. I just enabled both Teletext and DVD Subtitles in DVBViewer, and then recorded some movies on the free DVB-T channels here in Denmark. Can i see somewhere which one is used, or is it just to try with the first option, and then the 2nd.?

I haven't got any knowledge of programs in this category, so just the easiest method would be preferred :-)

I'm used to English programs, but can live with German ones also :-)

br Lars

Hi

I have done some research and written a guide about burning DVDs with subtitles out of *.TS files - works pretty good, but can be improved I'm sure. Only issue, it is in French... but only one page and I can translate.

It uses mostly free software, except ConvertXtoDVD which is to buy. Also, it does not work for HD *.TS sorry (I which I knew because I am interested).

The end result is DVD with all audio tracks, subtitles track, menu, chapters, etc - Is it what you're looking for ?

Benjamin

I'm used to English programs, but can live with German ones also :-)
If Finnish would be Ok there would be several of them for you.

But in case that is not best language for you

Here is one short for you for DVBsubtitles without any extra like menus and chapter etc:

First I record everything with DVBViewer is TS format (DVBsubtitles selected in recordings)

Then I start ProjecX with default settings and cut the file and press [quickstart] button. (I use one translated by OoZooN)

After a while you will have cut *.m2v (video) *.mp3 (audio) and *.sup (DVBsubtitles) files

Then start DVDAuthorGui ( http://download.videohelp.com/liquid217/dvdauthorgui.pl ) select DVD format PAL and [add title] => select video and audio files from your harddisk and from [extras] add/edit subtitles => add subtitle (select first sup format instead of *sub,*srt, *ssa) adjust colors (I use 000000 FFFFFF FFFFFF) and accept then push author DVD button and voila you will have DVDfiles (folder with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders) in you PC (make sure that no special characters are used in DVDAuthorGui files)

Then just burn those folder in your DVD

I hope this helps you, good luck.

Hi

No Finnish is unfortunately not going so well here :-)

Thanks for the description. I will try that.

br Lars

• 1 month later...

Now that we all master burning DVDs out of SD *.ts file ... ;) ... does anyone know how to burn a Blu Ray disc with a *.ts file that contains H264 HD video stream ? (along with the different audio tracks and subtitles)

Ben

does anyone know how to burn a Blu Ray disc with a *.ts file that contains H264 HD video stream ? (along with the different audio tracks and subtitles)

For that you should use TsRemux or tsMuxeR. After that you can burn the movie / the folders onto your BD. But there are a few threads here (in German), that are about this topic... Search for it in the "Conversion & Encoding"-section.

Best regards.

Edited by Mister_M
  • 1 year later...

But in case that is not best language for you

Here is one short for you for DVBsubtitles without any extra like menus and chapter etc:

First I record everything with DVBViewer is TS format (DVBsubtitles selected in recordings)

Then I start ProjecX with default settings and cut the file and press [quickstart] button. (I use one translated by OoZooN)

After a while you will have cut *.m2v (video) *.mp3 (audio) and *.sup (DVBsubtitles) files

Then start DVDAuthorGui ( http://download.videohelp.com/liquid217/dvdauthorgui.pl ) select DVD format PAL and [add title] => select video and audio files from your harddisk and from [extras] add/edit subtitles => add subtitle (select first sup format instead of *sub,*srt, *ssa) adjust colors (I use 000000 FFFFFF FFFFFF) and accept then push author DVD button and voila you will have DVDfiles (folder with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders) in you PC (make sure that no special characters are used in DVDAuthorGui files)

Then just burn those folder in your DVD

IRa, many thanks for your explanation, and the DVDAuthorGui, is a gpl program, it's ok fo Me.

Regards

ps: Well, It seem good program dvdauthorgui, but the ProjectX is havn't support for my audio format LOAS. ::

Edited by lautarus

ps: Well, It seem good program dvdauthorgui, but the ProjectX is havn't support for my audio format LOAS. ::

..the topic is 2DVD. Is aac part of the dvd standard? <_<

• 3 years later...