Freesat EPG - frequencies

robbie2

I notice that when I try to scan the DVBViewer for individual UK Freesat frequencies to pick up missing stations:

- frequency 12691 is not listed: just 12643 and 12701

- frequency 12643 is only finding the Vertical stations, not the Horizontal.

I also happened to notice that although it finds all the stations at 11345, for some reason these are shown as being at 11344.

Cheers

If you're comfortable doing it, go to program files - DVBViewer - transponder and edit 0282.ini. Go to line 89 (they're numbered) and change the H (after 12643) to a V. It's a small mistake in the original file but that fixes it. Also you're right 12691 V is missing. I guess you can add it iin, I've never bothered as there's nothing on there I would ever want to watch!

Re-scan your channels once you've edited and saved the file.

go to program files - DVBViewer - transponder and edit 0282.ini.

No please go: start -> programs -> DVBViewer programgroup -> configuration folder and in this explorer window you search for the transponder subfolder.

Otherwise you would edit the wrong file and your changes would never take effect. Also close the DVBViewer before you change anything.

No please go: start -> programs -> DVBViewer programgroup -> configuration folder and in this explorer window you search for the transponder subfolder.

Otherwise you would edit the wrong file and your changes would never take effect. Also close the DVBViewer before you change anything.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I amended the (UK) 0282.ini file as suggested, but the only alteration that appeared in DVBViewer was where I had changed 11344,H to 11345,H

I noticed that the 0282.ini file (downloaded with DVBViewer v4) seemed to be out of date, so after search of this forum for further guidance, I updated 0282.ini using a Transedit scan, and checked the result against the Astra/Eurobird 28.2 listings at:

http://www.flysat.com/ebird1.php

and

http://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

I then noticed that where there were H and V versions of a single frequency, DVBViewer would only find the first in the 0282.ini list, with the result that a number of stations were being missed.

I got round this by reducing the first frequency by 1mhz, changing, for example, 12643 to 12642,H and 12643,V.

There may be an explanation elsewhere in this forum of why this should be necessary, but it seems rather strange, given that Windows Media Center finds and plays all the stations with their original frequencies. Possibly because I am using Windows 7 (64 bit - beta) ?

Still, it’s working now, and I have attached my updated version of 0282.ini for the benefit of other UK users.

Thanks again!

0282.ini